[APP]WheresMyCellPhone.com

Search This thread

Treytor

Feb 7, 2009
Dana Point
www.prankdialer.com
I run a website called WheresMyCellPhone.com that helps people locate their misplaced phone by simply calling it. A lot of users complain about their phone being on silent / vibrate so we've made an app to turn their ringer up when getting a call from the site ONLY.

Search "wheresmycellphone"

market://details?id=com.wheresmycellphone.android

img.php

Let me know if it works for you, and any bugs you may encounter. Thanks guys!

Mudkip

Apr 22, 2009
Springfield
I run a website called WheresMyCellPhone.com that helps people locate their misplaced phone by simply calling it. A lot of users complain about their phone being on silent / vibrate so we've made an app to turn their ringer up when getting a call from the site ONLY.

Search "wheresmycellphone"

market://details?id=com.wheresmycellphone.android

img.php

Let me know if it works for you, and any bugs you may encounter. Thanks guys!
works great this will help in the future

qbailey

Sep 17, 2010
That's a great idea, I'll buy you a beer if you can add Australian support :)

I'm sure many others would too.

トロワ

Oct 30, 2009
The server tried redirecting to a invalid address. please report this to the webmaster of the site.

i scanned it on my windows mobile phone doesn't seem to work.

odoss

Dec 10, 2009
Paris
It's only for US?

i see in the website " country 1 " so if is not only for us, where can i choose other countries ? lol

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I just tried this app and website just to test it. I put my phone on Silent after installing the app and then tried the website with my Google Voice number (I had my 3G on). I saw it on the screen, and I saw it raise the volume, but even though it had turned the volume up, it never rang.

Might have been quirk.

Just now (10 minutes later) I tried it again after putting it back on silent, this time with my real cell number and it worked, although for a moment it appeared that it might do the same thing.

Regardless, all one would have to do is try it a second time if they didn't find it the first time. Thanks for this!

Treytor

Feb 7, 2009
Dana Point
www.prankdialer.com
I just tried this app and website just to test it. I put my phone on Silent after installing the app and then tried the website with my Google Voice number (I had my 3G on). I saw it on the screen, and I saw it raise the volume, but even though it had turned the volume up, it never rang.

Might have been quirk.

Just now (10 minutes later) I tried it again after putting it back on silent, this time with my real cell number and it worked, although for a moment it appeared that it might do the same thing.

Regardless, all one would have to do is try it a second time if they didn't find it the first time. Thanks for this!

Hmm, strange. Thanks for the trip report! How long did it ring? Did you have good signal at the time? Also would you mind trying it again to your Google voice number?

Last edited:

Crotchety

Jun 27, 2010
Didn't work for me using my Google Voice number. Tried it 3 times and the ringer stayed on vibrate. Guess it has to use the actual number to your phone to work.

KCRic

Aug 4, 2010
Overland Park
Tested it with my google voice number and my cell number, both worked great and even switched my phone (slide) to loud. Works Great:cool::D