[ROM] [4.2.2 CM10.1] <KANG>SCHIZOID 2.11 All-in-One [12DEC2013]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rob_z11

May be everyone can try another version of 4.2.2

More stable, and less issues

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2225962

I have very little issues after I have done full wipe of data and system. It is running fairly smooth without any issues. It was my laziness to try 4.2 without the full wipe. Sometimes it works and most of the time it doesn't. I have been running custom rom for almost little over two years for my Viewsonic GTablet, Samsung Moment, Evo4g and now Note2, S3 and touchpad and i should know better.

Sent from my skz_tenderloin using xda app-developers app

skywalker6705

Dec 29, 2008
Just chiming in to thank you guys for your work. As reported Bluetooth is still broken, but otherwise I've found the rom fairly smooth. I need the tablet foe work so ill have to roll back to 1.20.

One concern however was that attempting to switch users causes a chain of system ui crash messages that don't end until you login to the admin user again. Really looking forward to this feature as it will make my families lives easier. Keel up the excellent work friends.

RolandDeschain79

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 16, 2012
Toronto
www.youtube.com
SCHIZOID testing

Big thanks to shumash for provide us with this great Rom. I'm doing a little testing today. I dirty flashed this Rom and the 4.2 gapps but had issues with all the errors, I know the 4.2 gapps isn't supposed to be supported. So I tried flashing the modded Gapps 4.2 package, which also resulted in errors. Then I flashed the 4.2 gapps over the modded 4.2 gapps and everything worked without errors and I kept my current setup, interesting.

The battery drain during sleep really is beastly, I was getting a min of -90ma. The Camera works with the aid of the Nexus 7 launcher but is inverted. I wasn't able to correct it using the advanced settings Camera rotation. Had fun playing with the AOKP Rom controls, I like having easy access to DPI switching and Pie controls. A good user experience overall, I look forward to testing out futures builds:D

Last edited:

Zerosuit Connor

Mar 8, 2012
Sydney
Just chiming in to thank you guys for your work. As reported Bluetooth is still broken, but otherwise I've found the rom fairly smooth. I need the tablet foe work so ill have to roll back to 1.20.

One concern however was that attempting to switch users causes a chain of system ui crash messages that don't end until you login to the admin user again. Really looking forward to this feature as it will make my families lives easier. Keel up the excellent work friends.

Didn't have that problem, was able to create a guest user and login as them? Did you clean install? Also, what Gapps are you using?

Sent from my HP Touchpad with Android 4.2.2

Reactions: skywalker6705

skywalker6705

Dec 29, 2008
Didn't have that problem, was able to create a guest user and login as them? Did you clean install? Also, what Gapps are you using?

Sent from my HP Touchpad with Android 4.2.2

I was using the front page version of the 4.2.1 gapps, 20121011. Updating to the 20121212 version fixed the multiuser issues, though I did experience a random reboot a minute or so after creating my guest user. Been running fine since.

Bit of a sidenote, but GooManager has made me feel it's a dangerous app. I was given an alert this update was out while on 1.20 without any regard for it's alpha status. I was away from the PC for a moment, and I thought it was cool I was getting push updates so I went ahead and downloaded and installed thinking it was an update to 1.20. I'm a power user so I don't mind bugs, but the experience has made me absolutely certain I will be disabling this on my parents devices. Thought it might be a simple way to keep their roms up to date... but not if it's announcing alphas as updates. In my own case I thought I could roll back to 1.20, but the database conversion makes that impossible without a full wipe. I'm okay with that, my mistake, but really glad it's only me dealing with it.

Edit: Have to reboot a few times to avoid touchscreen issues. I set the device to 30 minute sleep timer, since the issues seem to return on wake sometimes. Also some boot cycles wind up running incredibly sluggish for reasons I can't identify. I just reboot two or three times till I get a winner.

Last edited:

shumash

Jun 1, 2008
Google Pixel 3
[rom update to beta] 11apr13

I've uploaded an update to the ROM which fixes the standby power draw, the camera rotation, and properly sets the Tablet UI mode on initial install.

The power standby power draw for me is about 20mA, but since it occurs in every ROM I install, including nandroids, I expect its caused by the A6 driver issue that drmarble and jcsullins are scratching their heads over.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

shumash

Jun 1, 2008
Google Pixel 3
could you share with us the information how you can fixed the standby power draw?

The only change I made was that I compiled it with my github kernel source (https://github.com/shumashv1/hp-kernel-tenderloin) rather than the CM source. My kernel has all of jcsullins wifi fixes plus some other unrelated stuff. The CM source only has his commits as of 12Dec12.

EDIT: AND, I applied the kernel_hp_tenderloin_A6.patch to the kernel source in the build directory (brainfade) which prevents a wakelock when there is an A6 alarm. It's available in the Rootzwiki thread referred to by RolandDeschain79 in the post below.

That said, my tablet has been acting funky lately. It has recently jumped from a 5-7 mA standby power draw to a 20 mA draw. In addition, the reporting in Battery Monitor appears to be sporadic so, as I said, I suspect I may have to resort to the painful TPDebrick process to refresh the A6 drivers.

Last edited:

RolandDeschain79

Apr 16, 2012
Toronto
www.youtube.com
A6 Firmware is flaky

The only change I made was that I compiled it with my github kernel source (https://github.com/shumashv1/hp-kernel-tenderloin) rather than the CM source. My kernel has all of jcsullins wifi fixes plus some other unrelated stuff. The CM source only has his commits as of 12Dec12.

That said, my tablet has been acting funky lately. It has recently jumped from a 5-7 mA standby power draw to a 20 mA draw. In addition, the reporting in Battery Monitor appears to be sporadic so, as I said, I suspect I may have to resort to the painful TPDebrick process to refresh the A6 drivers.

You might be having the issues with the flaky A6 firmware. Running tpdebrick has been reported to fix the problem. Have a look at the thread below, some of us have have found that turning off locational services helped with the sporadic battery life as well. Might want to try that before doing the tpdebrick;)

Battery Drain issues on HP TouchPad

Thank you very much for the new build, I will give it a good testing and report back with my battery drain findings:)

Last edited:

phoenixnr

Sep 29, 2007
Have the screen multi press issues after sleep been resolved in this release? This was the only show stopper for me.

RolandDeschain79

Apr 16, 2012
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Notes: Low battery drain(-5ma), supports h/w video, camera works

These are issues I can't fix because they are singular to particular tablets. It doesn't happen for me, so I don't know what causes it. If it's fixed, it fixed itself.

Thank you shumash ,this new build is looking great! Notes: Medium to Low battery drain(-30ma or -4ma), supports h/w video, camera works the right way up:D

Still seeing more spiking than -SGA-s build without the Camera but its a big improvement. I also turned off the location services and that seemed to help.

I was seeing -4 at first now i'm seeing more -30ma, its a little inconsistent with the battery drain. I'll keep testing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: nimaim

nimaim

Aug 28, 2010
Thank you very much for this shumash, going to test this out today. Goo.im is crawling right now (getting 20 KB/s and I have a 50/10 connection).

What DPI are you guys running with this that works well (one that fits things nicely on the screen and doesn't look too pixelated?)

Last edited:

RolandDeschain79

Apr 16, 2012
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Audio playback problems when the screen is off

Hi shumash

I've discovered an issue with the audio playback when the screen is off. I often listen to music on my Touchpad while I'll have my coffee. Today I started up the music but shortly after the screen goes dark I hear a strange honk, like from some invisible evil clown, and my audio stops. I try to restart the audio, then the device but the same problems persist. I kept the screen on and played my music without issues so the problem appears to be related to the screen being off. I have even had the Touchpad restart on me after I hear the honk and try to hit the home button. I have made alogcat to help troubleshoot this problem below.

Alogcat
http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/94191133/file.html

skywalker6705

Dec 29, 2008
Just installed the newest build. Massive improvement. Haven't seen if the touchscreen issue returns yet, but anyone experiencing this should check the 4.22 roms thread for a link to the patched touchscreen config for ICS and JB that should clear it up. I'll be testing that shortly if I'm in that boat.

One issue I'd like to mention though is the rom leaves only bytes of space left in the system partition. I went through and discarded some apps from /system myself, but maybe drop the Apollo music player or something from the build to give it a tiny bit of breathing room with all the additional ROM configuration apps.

My /system reported only 8k free prior to deleting some things. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    35mfbr5.gif

This ROM is a combination of most ROMs Available
    Paranoid 3.61 + AOKP jb-mr1 + Cyanogen 10.1 = SCHIZOID

SCHIZOID is based on AOSP+CM source codes, custom kernel, and has all
    the stability of CM, the ROM control of AOKP, and the UI customization of PA..

FEATURES

• FULLY compiled from source with custom kernel.
      Multi-user
      Color-splash for nav-bar and apps!
      Backup and Restore of PA settings
      Expanded Desktop
      AOKP ROM Control
      Latest Android gesture (swype-like) keyboard
      PA 3.61 with Pie Control
      HALO
      Battery Statistics
      Current with CM10.1 repo
      Contains all features of CM10.1 and PA 3.61 and some of AOKP jb-mr1

What works
    Camera
    sdcard mounts
    Wifi
    Bluetooth
    various AOKP and PA tweaks
    sound stays on with screen off
    low power suspend (I find that turning on the wifi, using it for a while, then turning it off, gives lowest power)

What doesn't
    Navigation bar hybrid settings in Tablet mode don't work (Use phablet or phone interface mode to set them, then switch back to tablet)

Goo: FINAL BUILD 12DEC2013

Mirror: skz_tenderloin-2.11_jb_4.2.2-12DEC2013-194000.zip

Previous Builds

gapps: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip

INSTRUCTIONS FOR FLASHING

• - Make A Backup
      - First time users only: If you're currently running a non-CM10.1 ROM, do a full wipe (factory reset & system). See Roland Deschain's invaluable guides for additional assistance
      - Wipe cache and dalvik
      - Flash ROM.
      First time users: flash gapps.
      Current Users: no need to flash gapps, PA and host settings will be backed up and restored​
      - Reboot

USER NOTES/BUGS
    • You should expect conflicts between the various ROM controls, especially the UI controls between AOKP and PA.
    • For first time users after bootup:

Settings > Rom Control > General UI > Show Menu UI Overflow (otherwise there is no way to enable MTP, open browser settings, wifi settings, etc)
    • To get softkey buttons in navbar, disable Pie in Quick Settings
    • To get your wifi to stay on in sleep, set wifi on "Always" and uncheck wifi optimization
    • Tablet PA settings don't stick To set them, Settings->Hybrid Properties-> Interface, change to phablet or phone mode, make your changes, apply them, then change back to tablet mode and apply it.
    • Using the Touchstone charger is funky.
    • ParanoidAndroid ROM 3 Review, Tips and Complete Walkthrough
    • Guide to AOKP ROMControl
    • How to Use AOKP ROM Control

CREDITS:
    • CM, PAC, AOKP and PA Team Members
    • drmarble for his continuing work on the device source
    • jcsullins for his continuing support to us troglodytes
    • Dorregary for his work on improving the device capabilities
    • milaq for his nightly builds and contributions
    • mateorod who has been my mentor.

CHANGELOG
    Kernel Changelog here
    Code:
    -> 12DEC13 (SWAN SONG):
      - Merge jcsullins latest bluetooth fixes
    -> 23NOV13 (SWAN SONG):
      - Merge jcsullins bluetooth code
      - Recompiled with latest Linaro 4.7 toolchain
      - Merge upstream
    -> 29SEP13 (FINAL):
       - Merge upstream
    -> 15SEP13:
      - Merge upstream
    -> 21AUG13:
      - Nightly cherry-picks
        -  Add Gyroscope sensor userspace driver (dorregaray) (kernel and device)
        -  Restore pre-cm10.1 camera parameters
        -  Remove bootloader reboot option
      - Merge upstream
    -> 08AUG13:
      - Sync with latest kernel
      - Rewrite updater_script to allow updating ROM without reflashing gapps
      - Auto backup/restore PA preferences after flashing ROM update 
      - Merge upstream
    -> 01AUG13:
      - Compiled with latest Linaro 4.7 toolchain
      - Merge upstream
    -> 22JULY13:
      - Add latest wifi backport drivers with jcsullins' fixes to SOD and wifi sleep issues.
    -> 18JULY13:
      - Cherry-pick CM10.1 nightly commits
      - Add latest wifi drivers with jcsullins' fixes
      - Merge upstream
    -> 16JULY13:
      - Add abyssplug governor
      - Merge upstream
    -> 08JULY13:
      - Kernel L2 boost up to 1914MHz
      - Merge upstream
    -> 06JULY13:
      - Fix Settings->Themes FC
      - Set scaling power in kernel from 3% to 5%
      - Merge upstream
     -> 01JULY13:
      - Merge upstream
      - Patch for Inverted Apps
    -> 29JUNE13:
      - Merge upstream
      - Update OC kernel
    -> 27JUNE13:
      - Compile AOKP & PA packages (except Paranoid Preferences)
      - Apply flintmans's low power touchscreen fix
      - Apply milaq's scaling_available_frequencies commit
      - Merge upstream
    -> 11JUNE13:
      - Fix Sound Settings force close
      - Merge upstream
    -> 07JUNE13:
      - Fix Permissions Manager force close
      - Modify PA Prefs and configuration.  Set default DPI=160
    -> 02JUNE13:
      - Low power suspend (-3 to -4 mA)
      - Overclock kernel with additional governors
      - Merge upstream
    -> 23APR13:
      - Sound with screen off works
      - Merge upstream
    -> 11APR13:
      - Use custom kernel
      - Improved standby power draw
      - Fixed camera preview
      - Revised PAPrefs to set TabletUI mode to 1000 rather than 720
      - Merge upstream
    -> 06APR13:  Initial upload
    [ROM Update] 29SEPT2013

I've posted an updated ROM that merges upstream.

This is most likely my last effort at developing for the HP Touchpad. If jcsullin's bluetooth source is released before I dispose of the TP, I'll make a final update. I have a working 10.2/4.3 ROM that still has some bugs. If I have time and inclination, I may try to fix it, otherwise, I may post an alpha build of it.

Any one who wants to keep the ROM alive is welcome to fork my github repo's and keep working at it.

Enjoy.
    [rom_update] 08aug13

I've uploaded an update to the ROM as follows:

-> 08AUG13:
    - Rewrite updater_script to allow updating ROM without reflashing gapps
    - Auto backup/restore PA preferences after flashing ROM update
    - Merge upstream

Note that you no longer have to reflash gapps on updating the ROM. In addition, your current ParanoidAndroid configuration will be restored after flashing an update.

Enjoy.
    [ROM Update] 23NOV2013

I've posted a final, final update with the following changes:

-> 23NOV13 (SWAN SONG):
    - Merge jcsullins bluetooth code
    - Merge upstream

Everyone needs to thank jcsullins for the amazing work he does for the TP. As I've said before, this may be one of the few, maybe only, non-Broadcom chip devices with working bluetooth. Thanks, Mr. Sullins.

ENJOY!
    that low draw in sleep mode is amazing, sir. i can leave my tp sitting in its bag for a week and still have plenty of juice. about to update to the 11-june rom. thanks for keeping my little buddy alive and fresh.

You're welcome.