[Live Wallpaper] VR Tunnel

Search This thread

chopsui

Feb 19, 2006
Austin
Thanks! I've had a couple of reports of FCs while using album art. If that's happening to anyone here, please let me know.

-mike

gillaney

Jul 3, 2009
X-Wing?

A thought.
It would be so cool if there was like an x-wing in the foreground. It makes me think of when look is going to blow up the death star. This way you could almost fly it around the cubes like a game.
Great app though.

martinl1030

Jun 18, 2010
omg lol. just checked it out and im amazed on how 3d it looks. gives me a headache when i stare into it too long though haha.

GammaPaladin

Dec 23, 2007
I would buy the pro version of this, but it doesn't run on my phone. I've got a MyTouch 3G 1.2 that I just installed Cyanogen 6 on, and when I pick it from the live wallpapers menu, it works perfectly in the preview screen, but the moment I hit the "set as wallpaper" button, it works for a second, then freezes, and the wallpaper reverts to a static one :(

BlindDude

May 11, 2010
I have a problem.. This wallpaper was working great on my droid incrdible 2.2 froyo until I plugged it into the pc and choose "disk drive".

When I did that, VR Tunnel opened a window saying that there was an error and VR Tunnel closed.

When I go to choose a live wallpaper, I select VR Tunnel and it opens that window saying it is closing again.. I can still go into the settings though.

I have selected each setting individually on/off trying to get VR Tunnel to work again.. Nothing helps

Uninstall/Reinstall does nothing either..

Is there some files maybe left behind that I can delete after an uninstall that might get this working again?

Thanks for the great WP.

tonysac

Jul 15, 2010
For some reason i cant see my album covers on the cubes(paid version-galaxy s))..is this Album art an application that i should buy from market because i cant find it there....
In first post i think its not an application from market , i have my album arts in both internal and external sd but nothing happens..pls help
EDIT
Cancelled, just did a refresh in my album grab, everything works fine..AWESOME!!

Last edited:

defrederick

Sep 15, 2008
Cool app - but axes reversed on my phone

This app is very cool. I used to have the VR Hologram on my HTC Diamond, but this behaves much smoother.

The only problem is that on my Desire, it appear that the axes are reversed, which completely ruins the 3d effect. Is it possible to include an option to reverse the axes if all phones don't behave the same way?

Thanks!

Dan

chopsui

Feb 19, 2006
Austin
This app is very cool. I used to have the VR Hologram on my HTC Diamond, but this behaves much smoother.

The only problem is that on my Desire, it appear that the axes are reversed, which completely ruins the 3d effect. Is it possible to include an option to reverse the axes if all phones don't behave the same way?

Thanks!

Dan

The paid version has an option to reverse the axes.

chopsui

Feb 19, 2006
Austin
I have a problem.. This wallpaper was working great on my droid incrdible 2.2 froyo until I plugged it into the pc and choose "disk drive".

When I did that, VR Tunnel opened a window saying that there was an error and VR Tunnel closed.

When I go to choose a live wallpaper, I select VR Tunnel and it opens that window saying it is closing again.. I can still go into the settings though.

I have selected each setting individually on/off trying to get VR Tunnel to work again.. Nothing helps

Uninstall/Reinstall does nothing either..

Is there some files maybe left behind that I can delete after an uninstall that might get this working again?

Thanks for the great WP.

Are you using the album art version? If so, it will try to scan your SD card when it starts. If the SD card is unmounted (such as when connected to USB), it might produce an error. I will see what I can do about the crash but it should work as long as your SD card is inserted and mounted correctly.

defrederick

Sep 15, 2008
Paid version takes over battery monitor

I installed the paid version and started monitoring the battery. Even under heavy use, which you'd expect would put the wallpaper in the background, the battery indicator shows VR Tunnel Max as consuming between 75% and 95% of the battery. It also didn't properly show any of my other applications.

Even after changing the WP to a different image, VR Tunnel was still showing as a huge consumer of the battery.

I was only able to restore the battery gauge to its normal status after uninstalling VR Tunnel Max.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Dan

BlindDude

May 11, 2010
Are you using the album art version? If so, it will try to scan your SD card when it starts. If the SD card is unmounted (such as when connected to USB), it might produce an error. I will see what I can do about the crash but it should work as long as your SD card is inserted and mounted correctly.

I am sorry,, I thought I subscribed to this thread but I never got an email about you response to me..

Yes I am using the album art version.

When I plugged my DI into my PC I choose "disk drive" which screwed something up with VR Tunnel.
Now it just Force Closes whenever I try to use it.
I have uninstalled it and used "astro" file manager to search for files maybe left behind but I am too new to Android to even know where to look.

So basically, I plugged my Droid into my PC and used it as a disk drive, then when the home screen popped up and VR Tunnel was supposed to run, it couldnt because the PC had the SD card mounted.
Now it just force closes everytime I try to use it.
So, I am thinking that when I uninstall VR Tunnel, it doesnt remove EVERYTHING, so is there some files or folders I can delete after an uninstall so when I reinstall VR Tunnel, it will act like brand new?

Thanks for any help..