[Q] Blinkfeed removal

Search This thread

grentuu

Jan 9, 2011
Just outside of Manchester UK
I have removed the Blinkfeed screen from the left screens as it is an annoyance to me.

It is obviously still there as when I check power usage it is the 2nd highest pull with 17% usage. Within the power screens it gives me the option to uninstall.

Is it safe to remove Blinkfeed as it appears to be installed as a system app?

HTC sites says: Important: Most of the preloaded apps cannot be uninstalled.

craig0r

Sep 24, 2008
Toronto
Blinkfeed is the name of the Sense launcher, which is why it's still using cpu/battery. I imagine if you remove that apk without installing another launcher first, you're gonna be pretty screwed. :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium HD app

grentuu

Jan 9, 2011
Blinkfeed is the name of the Sense launcher, which is why it's still using cpu/battery. I imagine if you remove that apk without installing another launcher first, you're gonna be pretty screwed. :)

Makes sense...
I force closed it with no detriment but am not willing to have to reflash my phone if it goes tits up as they say

craig0r

Sep 24, 2008
Toronto
Makes sense...
I force closed it with no detriment but am not willing to have to reflash my phone if it goes tits up as they say

I just tried that too and then immediately hit the "home" button, and my home screen had to repopulate the widgets and icons, so I think that pretty much confirms it's a bad idea. You could always install another launcher (I like Nova) and then freeze the Blinkfeed launcher with Titanium Backup. Then if you don't like the results, just unfreeze it.

Reactions: sukhith

WhiteSRT69

Sep 21, 2012
Budd Lake
yea i found this out the hard way.. wasnt thinking when i was using TB to remove system apps, wiped Blinkfeed and phone just displayed a black screen with the Nav bar at the bottom

you can however delete the page to the left of the home screen to remove blinkfeed

grentuu

Jan 9, 2011
I just tried that too and then immediately hit the "home" button, and my home screen had to repopulate the widgets and icons, so I think that pretty much confirms it's a bad idea. You could always install another launcher (I like Nova) and then freeze the Blinkfeed launcher with Titanium Backup. Then if you don't like the results, just unfreeze it.

Thanks.

I decided to go to GPE Conversion. Blinkfeed was too much of a drain plus I love the Google number look up so Blinkfeed is no longer a problem:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Makes sense...