[Theme/Mod] Signal Bars **Updated** (08/02/12)

Search This thread

jco23

Nov 17, 2011
I've tried a couple ICS themes and I keep finding that I can't abide the tiny status bar icons. They're too small for these 60 year old eyes. Is there a way of making them bigger?

Sent from my SCH-I510 running Tweaked 2.2 and PB&J using Tapatalk 2

I just hide them (well most of them). the only ones I show are battery percentage and data signal (wifi/4G). phone signal has never been a problem, and don't need to see the geo location icon.

stueycaster

Aug 19, 2011
Indianapolis
Which status bar icons are you talking about?

Droid Charge powered by TSM Tweaked 2.2 banging TrICS 5.0

The 4g mostly. Those up and down arrows look like little dots to me. The battery level indicator is ok on this one but the little numbers on other style are really hard to make out. The signal indicator is pretty much Ok but I like the one is Black and Blue better.

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

I just hide them (well most of them). the only ones I show are battery percentage and data signal (wifi/4G). phone signal has never been a problem, and don't need to see the geo location icon.

I kinda need the 4g/3g/1x icon. I have signal issues where I work. When it switches to 1x I need to know. I also like the clock. If I'm not on the screen with the clock widget I can still read the time. I shut off Geo location too.

Last edited:

jco23

Nov 17, 2011
The 4g mostly. Those up and down arrows look like little dots to me. The battery level indicator is ok on this one but the little numbers on other style are really hard to make out. The signal indicator is pretty much Ok but I like the one is Black and Blue better.

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

I kinda need the 4g/3g/1x icon. I have signal issues where I work. When it switches to 1x I need to know. I also like the clock. If I'm not on the screen with the clock widget I can still read the time. I shut off Geo location too.

that's probably a good idea - different colors for different data signals. i don't think you really need to see the green/red arrows for the data flow, but at least to know that there is a connection, and what type of connection is most important.

yeah, I have the clock too, but that is centered.

regarding battery level indicator, you can just go with the percentage and hide the icon. the number is much larger, and you can customize the color at different levels.

stueycaster

Aug 19, 2011
Indianapolis
After I post the update for the signal bars in a few days. I'll start a new thread which I will be taking requests for different colors for the icons in the status bar. In that thread I'll post the large ones for you.

I finally decided to try out transparent ICS. I like it and when the larger icons arrive I should be able to make this thing just like I want it. Thanks for what you are doing here.

Sent from my SCH-I510 running Tweaked 2.2 and PB&J using Tapatalk 2

PaulN64007

Aug 26, 2011
Signal Bars Updated :) Sorry for the delay, more work then I had anticipated. As for the update I have added ICS signal bars 4 and 5 bar versions for all the themes. Added No Signal and Roaming bars for all the themes. Added 3 more themes CoreDroid, TW4 and Ice Cream Alchemy. Lastly made an adjustment to the 4 and 5 spike bars that was bothering me. Enjoy :)

bvsbutthd101

Aug 27, 2011
I wouldn't recommend it but you can give it a try if you wish. If there are any issues you can flash Eclipse FP8, just wipe the caches and be back to normal.

why not, I'll try it

EDIT: alright, I tried flashing the Eclipse 5bar one. It seems the signal bars work but I still have the same battery icon.

EDIT 2: Well that explains why it only does the signal bars. It even says when flashing that it's only doing the signal bars. Whatever it was worth a shot lol.

Last edited:

PaulN64007

Aug 26, 2011
why not, I'll try it

EDIT: alright, I tried flashing the Eclipse 5bar one. It seems the signal bars work but I still have the same battery icon.

EDIT 2: Well that explains why it only does the signal bars. It even says when flashing that it's only doing the signal bars. Whatever it was worth a shot lol.

The battery is in the framework so that would be why. Different apk then what you flashed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Signal Bars made by me. Enjoy :)

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone as a result of flashing any of the files. All files have been tested and work on my phone the Samsung Droid Charge.

dwitherell - For making Tweaked rom and always willing to help
    nitroglycerine33 - For making Eclipse rom
    stranula - For the Black and Blue and Black and Gray theme
    MidnightNinja - For porting the ASOP theme
    fitti28 - For porting the Steel Blue theme
    DroidBlaze - For TweakedICS
    ztkryan - For porting the CoreDroid theme
    imnuts - For porting the TW4 Theme
    _bag_ - For the Ice Cream Alchemy theme

Directions:
    1. Download zip and put on root of SD card
    2. Boot into recovery
    3. (Souldn't need to do this but it doesn't hurt) Wipe cache and dalvik cache
    4. Install zip from sdcard
    5. Reboot system

These are to be used on the Samsung Droid Charge and the specific Rom and Theme as listed below. If you don't you will have problems or a mix of different themes.

When there is an update for a theme you will need to redownload the signal bars. Make sure the dates below are the same date or newer than the theme. If not then don't flash the signal bars.

Tweaked 2.2
    Black and Blue Theme 08-02-12

Blue
    BlackNBlueBlue.png

Blue Spikes: Download

Blue 5 Spikes: Download

Blue 4Bar: Download

Blue 5Bar: Download

Blue ICS: Download

Blue ICS 5 Bars: Download

White
    BlackNBlueWhite.png

White Spikes: Download

White 5 Spikes: Download

White 4Bar: Download

White 5Bar: Download

White ICS: Download

White ICS 5 Bars: Download

Steel Blue Theme 08-02-12

SteelBlue.png

Steel Blue Spikes: Download

Steel Blue 5 Spikes: Download

Steel Blue 4Bar: Download

Steel Blue 5Bar: Download

Steel Blue ICS: Download

Steel Blue ICS 5 Bars: Download

AOSP Theme 08-02-12

AOSP.png

AOSP Spikes: Download

AOSP 5 Spikes: Download

AOSP 4Bar: Download

AOSP 5Bar: Download

AOSP ICS: Download

AOSP ICS 5 Bars: Download

Black and Gray Theme 08-02-12

BlackNGrayWhite.png

White Spikes: Download

White 5 Spikes: Download

White 4Bar: Download

White 5Bar: Download

White ICS: Download

White ICS 5 Bars: Download

CoreDroid Theme 08-02-12

CoreDroid.png

CoreDroid Spikes: Download

CoreDroid 5 Spikes: Download

CoreDroid 4Bar: Download

CoreDroid 5Bar: Download

CoreDroid ICS: Download

CoreDroid ICS 5 Bars: Download

TW4 Theme 08-02-12

TW4.png

TW4 Spikes: Download

TW4 5 Spikes: Download

TW4 4Bar: Download

TW4 5Bar: Download

TW4 ICS: Download

TW4 ICS 5 Bars: Download

Ice Cream Alchemy Theme 08-02-12

ICAlchemy.png

ICAlchemy Spikes: Download

ICAlchemy 5 Spikes: Download

ICAlchemy 4Bar: Download

ICAlchemy 5Bar: Download

ICAlchemy ICS: Download

ICAlchemy ICS 5 Bars: Download

Eclipse 2.0 08-02-12

Eclipse.png

Eclipse Spikes: Download

Eclipse 5 Spikes: Download

Eclipse 4Bar: Download

Eclipse 5Bar: Download

Eclipse ICS: Download

Eclipse ICS 5 Bars: Download
    Signal Bars Updated :) Sorry for the delay, more work then I had anticipated. As for the update I have added ICS signal bars 4 and 5 bar versions for all the themes. Added No Signal and Roaming bars for all the themes. Added 3 more themes CoreDroid, TW4 and Ice Cream Alchemy. Lastly made an adjustment to the 4 and 5 spike bars that was bothering me. Enjoy :)
    Added new type of signal bars called 4Bar for all the themes. 5Bar version coming sometime in the next week.
    Added Signal Bars for the TweakedICS beta 3 theme
    Steel Blue Spikes Added