Launchers For TF700

Search This thread

Tylorw1

Feb 10, 2013
Ohio
tylorhost.me
I have searched the thread some but have not found a post itself directly relating to launchers on the TF700. I have been using Action Launcher and have tried Go, Nova, Apex, and ADW. Anyone else use any different ones and have lots of success? I am beginning to get annoyed with Action Launcher and would like to see what everyone else is using.

So, What launcher do you use? And why would you recommend it?

Hope no one minds I starting this thread. And hopefully I posted it in the correct section.

Tylor

Sent from my ASUS Transformer TF700T Infinity Pad Using Tapatalk HD
Rom: Cyanogen Nightlies 10.1 or CleanRom 3.4.4 - Depends on the mood :p .

Last edited:

MartyHulskemper

Jun 5, 2008
I use Nova Prime -- I like the gestures, and the ability to set the animation speed (I have it set to "faster than light" at the moment, but if I could pick "none" I'd prefer that. ;) It feels a bit snappier than the other launchers I've tried (and used on my SGS2), although it comes down to preference, I guess...

Tylorw1

Feb 10, 2013
Ohio
tylorhost.me
I use Nova Prime -- I like the gestures, and the ability to set the animation speed (I have it set to "faster than light" at the moment, but if I could pick "none" I'd prefer that. ;) It feels a bit snappier than the other launchers I've tried (and used on my SGS2), although it comes down to preference, I guess...

I agree it is snappier, however I notice a little lag when switching from and through the widget and applications tab but dont feel smooth because of the snappiness. I'll use Nova for a bit and see if I can get used to it.

Tylor

Thats OK

Jul 29, 2012
Stock for a long time.
Apex was a favorite for about 2 months Apex was easy to setup and get used to.
GO for a while then it got a little bugged.

My winner is NOVA didn't really like it at first...once set up it became the goto for me.

Tylorw1

Feb 10, 2013
Ohio
tylorhost.me
Stock for a long time.
Apex was a favorite for about 2 months Apex was easy to setup and get used to.
GO for a while then it got a little bugged.

My winner is NOVA didn't really like it at first...once set up it became the goto for me.

I like Action Launcher but it is not really tablet friendly. It could be a lot better but at the moment it is not. I am gonna continue trying out Nova and see what becomes of it. Does anyone else experience lag when browsing the app drawer and going between apps and widgets?

Tylor

robertolices

Dec 21, 2010
Rome
Apex

I'm using ParanoidAndroid rom with dpi set to 160 and Apex is the only launcher that manages screens and drawers boundaries correctly. Nova is very similar with tons of customizations and I think a little snappier.

-BoneZ-

Oct 24, 2009
Indiana
I've tried them all, but I keep going back to Apex. So, that is what I use on both my tablet and phone.

flhthemi

Feb 8, 2012
Statesville, NC
I have searched the thread some but have not found a post itself directly relating to launchers on the TF700. I have been using Action Launcher and have tried Go, Nova, Apex, and ADW. Anyone else use any different ones and have lots of success? I am beginning to get annoyed with Action Launcher and would like to see what everyone else is using.

So, What launcher do you use? And why would you recommend it?

Hope no one minds I starting this thread. And hopefully I posted it in the correct section.

Tylor

I'm using Apex and like it a lot. Also you might try an app called "Sidebar". Well worth the 1.99 if you end up liking it.

n8w

Sep 2, 2010
I use Apex on my phone, but Nova on my tab. Can't think of the specific reason, but I know it adds something Apex doesn't have. Works well for me (also running croml).

allendj81

Sep 26, 2010
LBC, CA
I recently started using Chameleon launcher, its pretty cool!! the only downside is that you have to buy ( no free or demo version). However, is completely different from other launchers ive used. I was using Nova prime before that, which i also love.:good:

xRevilatioNx

Jul 15, 2012
Apex is the best. Absolute love it.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

fortunz

Apr 19, 2009
inside
I use ADW ex, the old version. The older version allows instantaneous transitions without effects, which I love in combination with hubs. I couldn't get rid of transitions the last time I tried the newest version.

I'm thinking about updating to Lightning Launcher if it does what I want. It has the right transitions, but it doesn't come with full screen linking for hubs by default. There's an addon that might make it work, and if it does, I'm all over it. LL is even lighter than Zeam but overflowing with customization options. It's fantastic with my TP2.

Reactions: Ghorin
T

titou00075

I use ADW ex, the old version. The older version allows instantaneous transitions without effects, which I love in combination with hubs. I couldn't get rid of transitions the last time I tried the newest version.

I'm thinking about updating to Lightning Launcher if it does what I want. It has the right transitions, but it doesn't come with full screen linking for hubs by default. There's an addon that might make it work, and if it does, I'm all over it. LL is even lighter than Zeam but overflowing with customization options. It's fantastic with my TP2.

Try Holo Launcher HD :D

Ghorin

Aug 8, 2012
I've installed and tried lightning launcher for about 10mn and it seems very interesting. I've used apex, nova and adw ex (my choice since december) and they all are variants of the same launcher type. I've chosen adw ex only because it's smoother on my tab than others but it's nore very fun. At the contrary lightning launcher is allowing to do unusal things for my desktop like widgets in folders or position app icons and widgets anywhere (no lines/no columns) and it's smoother. I'll give it a deeper test to see if it meets my stability, smoothness and functionalities needs.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've found none better than Apex ;)

Yes lightning launcher gives much more possibilities than usual launchers like apex, nova... But as you say it needs more time and tries to explore it and find your way to use it. And widgets inside folders is a big + for me. My only drawback is the "only one wallpaper" but the developer is aware of that.

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

Hi Reggie, i'd be interested in some screenshots of your lightning launcher on your tab. Are you using screens or only pages ?

I use a combination of screens, and work space. Instead of moving laterally through 5 or 7 screens, I've placed some screens below or above, so I can move up and down to screens as well as side to side. But that is because I've been accustomed to having a screen with my games, and a separate one with my News feeds, etc. This is difficult to capture on a screenshot, since zooming out of the workspace makes the icons really tiny.
    I prefer Apex, too. Only thing that bugs me is that it kills my tab if I use AVG to kill all active processes. (I do not know if other launchers have this, too) Have to reboot for anything to work. (even the home key).

But I've since uninstalled AVG, so that's fine :p

Yes it is in the settings. Something like disable persistent search or something. Sorry don't have my tab with me right now.

Apex settings --> Homescreen settings --> Show persistent Search Bar. :)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
    Currently using Chameleon Launcher! Works well apart from not being buttery smooth, looks like its about 20fps or so. But looks and feels very good otherwise.