[Q] Can i flash a rom in locked BL?

Search This thread

alexmurr152

Jun 21, 2013
Hello, i have an Xperia Z1 C6906, and it has locked bootloader, but i rooted it and flashed dual Recovery. If i want to install a custom rom in recovery just like most of the devices is possible? or i have to use the flash tool on the pc?
I just want to install a AOSP rom, im sick of Sony UI.

Ahki767

Sep 14, 2013
CAT
Hello, i have an Xperia Z1 C6906, and it has locked bootloader, but i rooted it and flashed dual Recovery. If i want to install a custom rom in recovery just like most of the devices is possible? or i have to use the flash tool on the pc?

If you want to flash an aosp rom, then you would have to unlock your bootloader and flash the rom through recovery

Ben Ling

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 2, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Yes you can install custom rom but need to be based on Sony firmware

For AOSP ROM you need to unlock the bootloader & flash it through recovery

Flashtool is to use for flashing stock ftf

KWOKSFUNG

May 15, 2013
Hong Kong
well u can still find another launcher for your z1 and use Xposed framework to modify a lot of things since u have rooted

custom rom like CM is a (slightly) more experimental stuff and are usually used by people with more experience in android.
not recommended for u at the moment bro (well u cant unlock anyway)