i337m Issues - Unable to Boot
I am going straight to the point:
- Rogers Galaxy S4 (I337m)
- when purchased couple of months ago, it was on factory firmware - I337MVLUAMDJ
- I decided to read about the running i9505 roms as per posting here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2295557
- I am not a newbie to any rooting & tools used - e.g. ODIN, TWRP, CF-AUTOROOT, etc. etc. I started with the CF-AUTOROOT and all went well.
- it had the latest TWRP installed via ODIN - openrecovery-twrp-188.8.131.52-jfltecan.tar - as per: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/jflteca
- last night, the phone was perfectly running Omega v12 Jelly Bean 4.2.2 (Based on firmware ZHUDMI1 Android 4.2.2 (Date: 12/09/2013)),
- it was running with Kernal from: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2289140
(Ktoonsez Touchwiz JELLYBEAN 4.2.2 VERSION)
- everything was working perfectly - WiFi, Data, Calls, etc.
- overnight the phone's battery drained , and when I went to charge it and boot it this morning - it was stuck on the Samsung Galaxy S4 logo - weird right?
- so I tried the following:
- tried to boot into TWRP - no luck
- the phone does boot in Download Mode , which is great
- because the phone boots into Download Mode, I downloaded the factory (non-rooted) ROM - I337MVLUAMDJ_I337MOYAAMDJ_I337MVLUAMDJ_HOME.tar
- MD5 was verified and ODIN completed without any issues
- The phone is still stuck in Samsung Galaxy S4 logo screen, it doesn't go anywhere else?
- What to do? Please help?
P.S. When ODIN is finished, it reboots and initially it loads the factory recovery and you see the android with the gearbox circling (lol), and then you see under the android image a blue bar - going across (indicating something was completed) and it reboots - at this point, it gets stuck on Samsung Galaxy S4 logo screen.
Also, when it is in download mode: it says the following -
PRODUCT NAME: SGH-I337M
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
WRITE PROTECTION: Enable
Please help, & thanks in advance!