[Q] Sprint Moto X: Tether without root?

Search This thread

bobby2478

Dec 19, 2012
By reading a myriad of different threads, it would appear that on the Sprint Moto X, you aren't able to create a mobile hotspot and tether for free over Wifi UNLESS you root the device, and then you need to do a work around.

Does it matter which version of Android you are using on a Sprint stock Moto X? Is the only way to share your data connection with a tablet over Wifi to root your Moto X? I couldn't tell if there was an easier way.

What about the Sprint version of the Nexus 5? Is that any different? I'm seriously considering getting the X and appreciate the help.

dray_jr

Jul 3, 2009
Fort Myers,FL
By reading a myriad of different threads, it would appear that on the Sprint Moto X, you aren't able to create a mobile hotspot and tether for free over Wifi UNLESS you root the device, and then you need to do a work around.

Does it matter which version of Android you are using on a Sprint stock Moto X? Is the only way to share your data connection with a tablet over Wifi to root your Moto X? I couldn't tell if there was an easier way.

What about the Sprint version of the Nexus 5? Is that any different? I'm seriously considering getting the X and appreciate the help.

you have 2 options for tether

No Root and pay your carrier the extra money for tether
Root and use the native tether mod