[Q] Camera Performance

Search This thread

mlin

Dec 27, 2007
Hey, M8 owners. I'm a note 3 owner looking at the M8. I came from the M7 but sold it mostly due to the camera performance and lack of expandable storage. The latter has been addressed and from I've read the camera has improved as well. However, I wanted to get the opinions of actual owners about the quality of photos taken with the M8. I'm especially interested in hearing opinions from those that frequently photograph their kids. So, please chime in with your experience.
TIA!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

logie

Dec 19, 2007
Kalamazoo MI
Hey, M8 owners. I'm a note 3 owner looking at the M8. I came from the M7 but sold it mostly due to the camera performance and lack of expandable storage. The latter has been addressed and from I've read the camera has improved as well. However, I wanted to get the opinions of actual owners about the quality of photos taken with the M8. I'm especially interested in hearing opinions from those that frequently photograph their kids. So, please chime in with your experience.
TIA!

I came from the Note 3 and really the only thing that I miss is the camera. While the M8 camera has some cool gimmicks, the note 3 really took great photos. That said, the build quality and everything else about the phone I love - even with a smaller screen. I haven't looked back and the camera is sufficient enough for everyday use.

hope this helps.

Reactions: mlin

mlin

Dec 27, 2007
I came from the Note 3 and really the only thing that I miss is the camera. While the M8 camera has some cool gimmicks, the note 3 really took great photos. That said, the build quality and everything else about the phone I love - even with a smaller screen. I haven't looked back and the camera is sufficient enough for everyday use.

hope this helps.

Thanks for the response. It's a little discouraging, but I think I'll hit up a Verizon store with my daughter tomorrow and do some thorough testing of the camera. It sounds like some of the auto settings are less than ideal but that a few manual adjustments can really improve performance.

justin94

Oct 31, 2010
Taken in mid air. Did I spam the shutter button.... Yes. Got some blurry ones too. But for kids and everyday photography, its excellent

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

stedrocklp

May 9, 2010
Maine
I own both devices and have to say that the Note 3 takes better pictures as far as I am concerned. What I will say is that I have a main line and a business line and the M8 is the phone I choose to be on the main line. Here is an example of pictures from both:

N3:
20131019_141958_zps89ce7517.jpg

M8:
IMAG0100_zps89aea10d.jpg

Sorry for the High-res I wanted to show the pics unchanged.

mlin

Dec 27, 2007
Taken in mid air. Did I spam the shutter button.... Yes. Got some blurry ones too. But for kids and everyday photography, its excellent

Did you mean to attach an image?

mlin

Dec 27, 2007
Whoops. Sorry about that

Cool, thanks. Looks good. I played with the M8 today. My daughter wasn't up to going to Verizon with me, but I think I got a good feel for the camera. Shutter speeds are fast and shot to shot tines were impressive. By no means am I a highly skilled photographer, I just want to be able to capture decent shots of my kids. I think I'll try to pick one up and give it a go. Thanks everyone for the feedback.

wtoj34

Jan 28, 2012
San Antonio, TX
ahazyby7.jpg

Here's two I took over the weekend. If someone wouldn't mind sharing their manual settings I would appreciate that. I just used HDR. These images on my desktop PC background are blurry and pixelated but look good enough for mobile viewing.

a4ugymas.jpg

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1399866704241.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1399866704241.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 52
  • uploadfromtaptalk1399866719305.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1399866719305.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

DroidRootz

Feb 20, 2014
has anyone compared the Google camera to the stock camera

can the Google camera access the same functions ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TIA!

hope this helps.

I own both devices and have to say that the Note 3 takes better pictures as far as I am concerned. What I will say is that I have a main line and a business line and the M8 is the phone I choose to be on the main line. Here is an example of pictures from both:

N3:
    20131019_141958_zps89ce7517.jpg

M8:
    IMAG0100_zps89aea10d.jpg

Sorry for the High-res I wanted to show the pics unchanged.