SOLVED: Bluetooth not working on your ICS powered Desire HD.

Do bluetooth work on your ICS based rom ??

• YES: Bluetooth works on my ICS rom!

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • NO: Bluetooth don´t work on my ICS rom!

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

pshdo

Jun 10, 2010
Holbæk
SOLVED:
The new port Primo-S - 1.2 of ONE V rom solved the issue with Bluetooth on ICS, that no one of the "original" ICS devs would even recognize as a fault in their roms…
The original devs just answered in a cocky or arrogant way that BT did work, even thoug it didn´t for some of us...
So finally now it looks like we all can enjoy ICS... Thank you to proxuser for the HTC One V port

The old op said this:
This is really a strange problem, but really easy for you to help me, so pleace try this out for your self...
But first i would really like to say thank you to all who answers, and all who vote, thank you for trying to help me with this...

Just turn on Bluetooth if you have ICS, and tell me if it works or not...
The only thing you have to do is to see if the little Bluetooth icon appear in the statusbar.
If the icon appear in the statusbar, bluetooth works on your phone.
If not, then bluetooth don´t work on your device, and you proberbly have the same issue with BT as i have...
You don´t even need a bluetooth unit at all to test this... Just turn on Bluetooth and look at your phone...

The strange problem:
When i use any ICS based roms Bluetooth don´t work, it will not turn on.
But when i use any 2.3x based rom Bluetooth works fine.
I use 4 different BT devices on my phone daily, so i an 100% shure that it works.

I have tried to ask the devs about this in some of the ICS rom threads, but the question offcource drown among many other subjects.

So now i try to find out this way, how many people actually have this bluetooth issue.
(I allready know from one of the devs that i am not the only one, but not if it is a few % of us, or if it is a more common problem.)

My thought is that perhaps it is a kind of hardware revision related problem ?!?
- my own device is one of the verry first that was sold here in Denmark, and perhaps there is small hardware changes in later devices ??

Pleace help me figure this one out...

At last, as i know you will ask;):
Yes i know how to wipe, and how to flash new roms...:p:D

Last edited:

pshdo

Jun 10, 2010
Holbæk
Now i will try to explain a little more about this issue...

When i turn BT on in any ICS based rom, the button at first looks like BT turn on, but after a little while the slider-button turn gray, and it is locked.
I can reboot the phone, i can pull the battery and nothing helps, the slider-button is locked and can´t be changed.

This is the case both when trying from the pull-down status bar, and when trying from within settings.

When you (when I) go into settings and touch bluetooth to open the BT status-screen, the status show "Turning Bluetooth on..." even thoug BT never turn on...
I have had this in the status screen for days, without any change...
There is NO way to eg. make the phone visible, or change anything in the BT settings...

When i search for my phone eg. with my PC, the phone is even not discovered (offcource)...

At last:
As i also said in the first post, i use BT on daily base, and i know that BT on my phone works 100%, when using any 2.3x based roms, just not when using any ICS based roms...
I have tried just about every ICS rom for the phone, and also a lot of 2.3x based rom... so this is not a issue with just one ICS based rom, the problem is on every ICS based rom pt.

Thank you very much for reading all this...
Have a nice day...:)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 147
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

B. East

Sep 17, 2009
Sony Xperia 1 III
Bluetooth works for me on the ascension alpha rom. I have the latest radio from 2.3.5. For the desire HD and using what ever ril that came with the rom. Don't know if that makes a difference. It did take about 2-3 mins to start and I used the drop down menu on the notice bar to start it.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

pshdo

Jun 10, 2010
Holbæk
What does the logcat say?

This is exactly what is written in logcat, when i try to turn on BT for the first time...
I have no idea what this say thoug...

I can only make one log at the time, then i have to flash the phone again, becource the BT slider-button is locked and don´t work anymore after one try...

D/BluetoothAdapterStateMachine( 1395): PowerOff process message: 1
D/BluetoothAdapterStateMachine( 1395): Bluetooth state 10 -> 11
I/bluedroid( 1395): Starting hciattach daemon
I/bluedroid( 1395): bt_enable: ret: -1, errno: 19
I/ActivityManager( 1395): Start proc com.android.bluetooth for broadcast com.and
roid.bluetooth/.pbap.BluetoothPbapReceiver: pid=2493 uid=10003 gids={3003, 3002,
3001, 1015}
I/ActivityThread( 2493): Pub com.android.bluetooth.opp: com.android.bluetooth.op
p.BluetoothOppProvider
I/ActivityManager( 1395): Start proc com.android.settings for broadcast com.andr
oid.settings/.bluetooth.DockEventReceiver: pid=2506 uid=1000 gids={1015, 3002, 3
001, 3003, 3007}
I/ActivityManager( 1395): No longer want com.google.android.voicesearch (pid 239
3): hidden #16
I/ActivityManager( 1395): No longer want android.process.media (pid 1515): hidde
n #16
E/brcm_patchram_plus( 2492): Done setting line discpline
I/bluedroid( 1395): bt_enable: ret: 0, errno: 19
I/bluedroid( 1395): Starting bluetoothd deamon
E/BluetoothEventLoop.cpp( 1395): get_adapter_path: D-Bus error: org.freedesktop.
DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown (The name org.bluez was not provided by any .service f
iles)
E/BluetoothEventLoop.cpp( 1395): get_adapter_path: D-Bus error: org.freedesktop.
DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown (The name org.bluez was not provided by any .service f
iles)
iles)
iles)
iles)
iles)
iles)
iles)
E/BluetoothEventLoop.cpp( 1395): get_adapter_path: D-Bus error: org.bluez.Error.
NoSuchAdapter (No such adapter)
E/BluetoothEventLoop.cpp( 1395): failure setting up Event Loop!
E/BluetoothService.cpp( 1395): setBluetoothTetheringNative true
D/BluetoothEventLoop( 1395): Property Changed: UUIDs : 5
D/AlarmManagerService( 1395): Kernel timezone updated to -60 minutes west of GMT

D/SystemClock( 1546): Setting time of day to sec=1330445722
V/AlarmClock( 2457): AlarmInitReceiver finished
D/BluetoothAdapterStateMachine( 1395): WarmUp process message: 101
D/BluetoothEventLoop( 1395): Property Changed: UUIDs : 6
D/BluetoothEventLoop( 1395): Property Changed: UUIDs : 7
D/BluetoothEventLoop( 1395): Property Changed: UUIDs : 8
D/BluetoothEventLoop( 1395): Property Changed: Pairable : false
D/BluetoothEventLoop( 1395): Property Changed: Powered : false
D/BluetoothAdapterStateMachine( 1395): WarmUp process message: 54
D/BluetoothEventLoop( 1395): Property Changed: UUIDs : 9
D/BluetoothAdapterStateMachine( 1395): WarmUp process message: 51
D/BluetoothAdapterStateMachine( 1395): HotOff process message: 101

tamagotono

Bluetooth not running

I found the following website had the same issue. They suggest moving the configuration file in /data/misc/bluetoothd/[bluetooth MAC address]/ elsewhere and seeing if that corrects the problem.

I can't post a link, but do a google search for "Bluetooth not working (Turning on... nothing happens) - Android Help" and it should be the first result.

I am running Ice Cold Sandwich on an HTC Inspire 4G and use bluetooth often. No problems and it turns on/off in only a few seconds time.

Nov 2, 2011
BT DHD

Hi there,

I have the Virtuous Quattro RC3 rom on my DHD, the first time i flashed the rom, Bluetooth was not working for me, which dint really bother me and I don't really use Bluetooth, but I just re flashed the roms cause i had some issues with some apps, and strangely enough the BT works now :S

I don't know why this happened but I'm not bothered :)

pshdo

Jun 10, 2010
Holbæk
I found the following website had the same issue. They suggest moving the configuration file in /data/misc/bluetoothd/[bluetooth MAC address]/ elsewhere and seeing if that corrects the problem.

I can't post a link, but do a google search for "Bluetooth not working (Turning on... nothing happens) - Android Help" and it should be the first result.

I am running Ice Cold Sandwich on an HTC Inspire 4G and use bluetooth often. No problems and it turns on/off in only a few seconds time.

Thank you for your info, i had not seen that one before...
I tried to remove the config, but it didn´t help...:(

pshdo

Jun 10, 2010
Holbæk
Hi there,

I have the Virtuous Quattro RC3 rom on my DHD, the first time i flashed the rom, Bluetooth was not working for me, which dint really bother me and I don't really use Bluetooth, but I just re flashed the roms cause i had some issues with some apps, and strangely enough the BT works now :S

Thank you for your answer...
I have tried to flash many times, with no luck...
I have tried to flash from clean, and flash over 2 times as you suggest, but nothing works...

pshdo

Jun 10, 2010
Holbæk
Still noone that can read anything from my log ??
I would really love to get some help trying to solve this...