What features does the SW2 have ?

Search This thread

Lucky_Slevin

Jan 11, 2014
I'm going to be using it for my nexus 5 and I'm just trying to look for a detailed list of what it can do ? I don't want to buy it for the fun to wear out later.

I tried searching on Google and watched some reviews but I wasnt too satisfied.

I was just wondering about music controls, text reply, writing new texts, calls, Facebook and apps like XDA and CNET and engadget.

Also does it lag frequently ?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Quarante-deux

Apr 26, 2013
Mons Belgium
Functionalities are countless

You can do lots of things since there are lots of apps avalaible.
Of course, you can see notifications from twitter and Facebook, you can like/favorite, share/retweet and watch the live. You can't write tweets, comments, upgrade your status. With the official app, you can see your text messages, answer with predefined messages or smileys. With a special app like SMS writer (if I recall correctly) you are able to write text messages (ABC AÀÁ 123 keyboard) and send it to any contact you have... and for telephone, well, you are just able to dial a number and that's it (but I've read "call handling" app enables you to activate the speaker and some other functions)
You can control your music with both official and 3rd party apps but that remains simple commands : volume up and down, play pause, skip, next, you won't browse from an album to another one.
I've never heard anything about xda and cnet apps but if you just wanna keep on eye on the news, there's a an app that collects your RSS feeds, basic, simple.

I've only had lags in SMS writer app, but anyway, you can reboot the device simply by pushing the power button for 10 seconds and it will reconnect automatically to your phone via Bluetooth. That being said, sometimes, Bluetooth connection is slow and you can't open apps that have to be connected to your phone (some apps really need connection otherwise it just won't open).

Also, keep in mind that you are not buying a real "Smartwatch". Personally, I think a Smartwatch shouldn't need Bluetooth connection to your phone. Actually, you are buying a watch with some special features, a watch "+++" if you see what I mean. And at that cost, 130$ for a watch that can do more than any other watches, it's a bargain... ;)

I do have my Smartwatch 2 on my wrist, if you need any further information, I'm here!

Reactions: aseeme555076

ngoonee

Jun 21, 2011
You won't have Facebook app, xda app, etc. That's not what its for. You get notifications on it, that's basically it. If you're creative with tasker or widgets (with remote widget) you can use the watch to control a few things, but its not a good input device (yet?). Anything you want to read on the watch needs to be packaged up and sent via notification from the phone.

I'm going to be using it for my nexus 5 and I'm just trying to look for a detailed list of what it can do ? I don't want to buy it for the fun to wear out later.

I tried searching on Google and watched some reviews but I wasnt too satisfied.

I was just wondering about music controls, text reply, writing new texts, calls, Facebook and apps like XDA and CNET and engadget.

Also does it lag frequently ?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Check my Thread here which has the answers to all your questions: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2743194

The lag of the original firmware has gotten a lot better with the latest firmware. There's still some on certain apps, but overall it's not much of an issue.

doverjosh8

Apr 23, 2014
Regarding the lag, I've heard there are hardly any issues apart from the occasional app. It's much better than the previous and you'll experience hardly any lag compared to the SW1. This is what I've heard, but the information came from trustworthy sources so you can trust what has been said.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Functionalities are countless

You can do lots of things since there are lots of apps avalaible.
    Of course, you can see notifications from twitter and Facebook, you can like/favorite, share/retweet and watch the live. You can't write tweets, comments, upgrade your status. With the official app, you can see your text messages, answer with predefined messages or smileys. With a special app like SMS writer (if I recall correctly) you are able to write text messages (ABC AÀÁ 123 keyboard) and send it to any contact you have... and for telephone, well, you are just able to dial a number and that's it (but I've read "call handling" app enables you to activate the speaker and some other functions)
    You can control your music with both official and 3rd party apps but that remains simple commands : volume up and down, play pause, skip, next, you won't browse from an album to another one.
    I've never heard anything about xda and cnet apps but if you just wanna keep on eye on the news, there's a an app that collects your RSS feeds, basic, simple.

I've only had lags in SMS writer app, but anyway, you can reboot the device simply by pushing the power button for 10 seconds and it will reconnect automatically to your phone via Bluetooth. That being said, sometimes, Bluetooth connection is slow and you can't open apps that have to be connected to your phone (some apps really need connection otherwise it just won't open).

Also, keep in mind that you are not buying a real "Smartwatch". Personally, I think a Smartwatch shouldn't need Bluetooth connection to your phone. Actually, you are buying a watch with some special features, a watch "+++" if you see what I mean. And at that cost, 130$ for a watch that can do more than any other watches, it's a bargain... ;)

I do have my Smartwatch 2 on my wrist, if you need any further information, I'm here!