Sim unlock code

Search This thread

kevroc

Feb 20, 2006
I can't seem to find a cheap unlock code. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kevroc

Feb 20, 2006
I'd prefer to not root and just do a straight unlock.

kevroc

Feb 20, 2006
I was going to but they are expensive, like 40

JoJo2211

Sep 11, 2011
I was going to but they are expensive, like 40

If you don't want to pay 40 then rooting is your only way. Also rooting is EASY.. takes 5 mins and then just install the region lock away app from playstore (costs 4 bucks ithink) or you can download that app from xda for free. Then simply UNROOT your phone and you're good to go.

kevroc

Feb 20, 2006
If you don't want to pay 40 then rooting is your only way. Also rooting is EASY.. takes 5 mins and then just install the region lock away app from playstore (costs 4 bucks ithink) or you can download that app from xda for free. Then simply UNROOT your phone and you're good to go.

I did not know I could uproot after unlock. I may do that.

COfatboy

Dec 31, 2011
I only paid $25 from cell unlocker. Unless the price had gone up..

troyd28

Jan 14, 2013
Rooting is free instead of spending money lol just saying.

Sent Via Tmobile note 3

newr

Aug 30, 2011
IF I want to root it to unlock the SIM...can I still get OTA updates? I don't care to keep it rooted...will it revert back to unroot?

sloanster

Jun 26, 2011
Bloomsburg, PA
Cuz,

You can root, poot, or toot that won't remove the sim unlock!
I have heard the Chain fire will sim unlock but it did not do my tmobile.
I had to pay for a Sim unlock code... I used FastGSM it worked 1st try.

Anyway... Good Luck wid dat..

1st up is... sim unlock & rooting is two different processes.

IF I want to root it to unlock the SIM...can I still get OTA updates? I don't care to keep it rooted...will it revert back to unroot?

Last edited:

newr

Aug 30, 2011
Cuz,

You can root, poot, or toot that won't remove the sim unlock!
I have heard the Chain fire will sim unlock but it did not do my tmobile.
I had to pay for a Sim unlock code... I used FastGSM it worked 1st try.

Anyway... Good Luck wid dat..

1st up is... sim unlock & rooting is two different processes.

Really? IT didn't unlock the t-mobile? That's strange..I wonder why some say it did and other don't? So if I root it, does it still do OTA update if I don't install anything else? And does it get unrooted after update? How about unrooting? Does unrooting avoid them know it was ever rooted if I ever need to send for warranty?

Thanks

sloanster

Jun 26, 2011
Bloomsburg, PA
Most of the time unless you have really borked up things...rooting does not cause phones to go bad, although they may contribute...
Rooting.. Usually stops OTA updates...
Usually once you Unroot the phone can be put back into its original state..
Theres many kinds of unlock... Im no expert, but sim unlock is a lock from the carrier to disallow other sims... that's different from using in other areas that would be region lock..
Not to say it did not happened it makes adjustments to the modem and maybe the older modem or firmware could be persuaded to unlock but not the latest modem...
Hope all that makes sense!

Really? IT didn't unlock the t-mobile? That's strange..I wonder why some say it did and other don't? So if I root it, does it still do OTA update if I don't install anything else? And does it get unrooted after update? How about unrooting? Does unrooting avoid them know it was ever rooted if I ever need to send for warranty?

Thanks

newr

Aug 30, 2011
Most of the time unless you have really borked up things...rooting does not cause phones to go bad, although they may contribute...
Rooting.. Usually stops OTA updates...
Usually once you Unroot the phone can be put back into its original state..
Theres many kinds of unlock... Im no expert, but sim unlock is a lock from the carrier to disallow other sims... that's different from using in other areas that would be region lock..
Not to say it did not happened it makes adjustments to the modem and maybe the older modem or firmware could be persuaded to unlock but not the latest modem...
Hope all that makes sense!

Thanks for the explanation, but just want to clarify. If I root it, do the region unlock and it does sim unlock as well, I can unroot it...will the lock be reapply? Can I do OTA update then after unrooting, and will the unlock stay?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'd prefer to not root and just do a straight unlock.

Use cellunlocker like most of us on here have. They can be trusted.
    I bought my T-Mobile Note 3 from Fry's (on sale - $599) and paid outright. I just bought the phone, no plan. Later on I signed up for a plan and got a SIM card.

So... can I just call them and ask for the SIM unlock code?

Yes, because I also bought from another party and not through T-Mobile. They will ask you for your IMEI number to ensure it is not a stolen phone. I got my code within 4 days. Just call Customer Services. Let us know how you make out.