[Q] Goo Manager deleted TWRP instead of updating, how do I reinstall it?

Search This thread

Axe Homeless

Jan 5, 2011
Two short questions: (thanks btw for everything, I love you guys)

How do I install a recovery again? I tried to update to TWRP 2.6.3.3 via Goo manager and it just deleted the old one but nothing else, so now I can't go into recovery. How do I install it again, it's possible to do it without installing android from scratch again, I just can't remember.

Thank you :)

ps. is there a Kitkat Rom that works properly, without black boxes and obvious problems?

sstar

Apr 6, 2012
Brighton
Two short questions: (thanks btw for everything, I love you guys)

How do I install a recovery again? I tried to update to TWRP 2.6.3.3 via Goo manager and it just deleted the old one but nothing else, so now I can't go into recovery. How do I install it again, it's possible to do it without installing android from scratch again, I just can't remember.

Thank you :)

ps. is there a Kitkat Rom that works properly, without black boxes and obvious problems?
You should be able to copy and paste the ulmage of a recovery into your boot folder using a file manager that has root privileges, Rom Toolbox lite should work if your current one doesn't.
Milaq's KK is working flawlessly. If you are not on data/media yet you will need to do a completely new install and resize your partitions with the standard CMW and then upgrade to Jcsullin's new data/media .

Axe Homeless

Jan 5, 2011
You should be able to copy and paste the ulmage of a recovery into your boot folder using a file manager that has root privileges, Rom Toolbox lite should work if your current one doesn't.
Milaq's KK is working flawlessly. If you are not on data/media yet you will need to do a completely new install and resize your partitions with the standard CMW and then upgrade to Jcsullin's new data/media .

So that's the one with the 3.0 kernel, not 3.4?
Thank you so much, I'll try that right now, is ART working (well)?

I already data/media-ed my devices, so that shouldn't be a problem, thanks :)

Last edited: