[Q] Fiio E18 OTG USB DAC with LG G2 D802 UK 4.4.2?

Search This thread

hd1080ts

Sep 12, 2007
Hi,

Got a stock UK D802 16GB on Kit Kat 4.4.2 (Software version D80220d-EUR-XX).

What is compatibility like with OTG USB DACs such as the Fiio E18 on stock 4.4.2?

Do any of the custom Kit Kat firmwares work better with OTG USB DACs?

Do I need to use USB Audio Player PRO?

Thanks,

J

Last edited:
Reactions: DanHidalgo

hd1080ts

Sep 12, 2007
My Fiio E18 just got delivered tested with Shure SE435 and Sennheiser HD650 playing Apple Lossless.

Native Music player, Poweramp, Google Music... no sound via USB.

USB Audio Player PRO works perfectly via USB.

Using E18 via analogue from G2 headphone socket in is an improvement, but the left channel noise bug is clearer and as annoying as ever.

As a comparison tested with my portable options listed here in order of sound quality with Shure SE435 IEMs.

Best - LG G2 USB OTG to USB in on Fiio E18 with USB Player Pro

2nd - 4th Gen iPod Classic via Fiio LOD (line out cable) to analogue in on E18
3rd - 4th Gen iPod Nano via Fiio LOD (line out cable) to analogue in on E18
4th - 4th Gen iPod Classic headphone jack
5th - 4th Gen iPod Nano headphone jack
6th - LG G2 via 3.5mm headphone to analogue in on E18.
7th - LG G2 headphone jack direct.

Apart from the left channel noise bug the G2 is fine for casual listening but LG need to fix that bug and get OTG USB DACs working again for native android.

J

Reactions: DanHidalgo

hd1080ts

Sep 12, 2007
Update, the free trial version of USB Audio Player PRO caused some issues with normal audio, started to get USB error when inserting headphone jack and no sound on headphones.

Fix was to uninstall free trial version of USB Audio Player PRO.

hd1080ts

Sep 12, 2007
Fixed!

Delivered today was the cheapest (GBP 2.49) Micro USB OTG adapter I could find on Ebay UK.
Listed as: LG Optimus G2 D802 E960 Google Nexus 4 OTG Adapter Host Cable USB to Micro USB
Seller: good-seller-uk

Using the OTG adapter with the Fiio E18 works in both PC and Phone modes with Power Amp, Amazon MP3, Google Music, Tune In RadioPro and the LG Music player all working perfectly.

Incoming calls play the ringtone over USB audio but on accepting the call audio goes to handset only.

In addition my old Hotaudio Bitperfect DAC also works fine as well.

J

DanHidalgo

Jan 30, 2012
Madrid
My Fiio E18 just got delivered tested with Shure SE435 and Sennheiser HD650 playing Apple Lossless.

Using E18 via analogue from G2 headphone socket in is an improvement, but the left channel noise bug is clearer and as annoying as ever.

As a comparison tested with my portable options listed here in order of sound quality with Shure SE435 IEMs.

Apart from the left channel noise bug the G2 is fine for casual listening but LG need to fix that bug and get OTG USB DACs working again for native android.

J

I wanted to take advantage that you have the same rig as me and wanted to ask you a question.

Does it worth the investment on a Fiio E18 for the LG G2? Can you stream out from Spotify app through USB OTG?

Lots of thanks!

hd1080ts

Sep 12, 2007

joep2k

Mar 13, 2012
My e18 works with poweramp and other cable that came with the amp.

Good to know that I didn't need to buy the uapp app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Got a stock UK D802 16GB on Kit Kat 4.4.2 (Software version D80220d-EUR-XX).

What is compatibility like with OTG USB DACs such as the Fiio E18 on stock 4.4.2?

Do any of the custom Kit Kat firmwares work better with OTG USB DACs?

Do I need to use USB Audio Player PRO?

Thanks,

J

J