14.2.A.1.114 - Bootloader unlock

Search This thread

325i.

May 20, 2010
My Z1 compact is running and i am trying to unlock the bootloader. I have entered *#*#7378423#*# which says i cant unlock the bootloader.

Is there any other method to unlock the bootloader?

325i.

May 20, 2010
The reason I want to do this is to install custom Roms.

Instead of unlocking, I believe its possible to root using root and then install dual recovery.

Is this possible and will it let me install custom Roms?

Iruwen

Dec 14, 2012
The reason I want to do this is to install custom Roms.

Instead of unlocking, I believe its possible to root using root and then install dual recovery.

Is this possible and will it let me install custom Roms?

Yes, but only stock based. CM based roms require a different kernel which can only be flashed with an unlocked bootloader. So your choices are quite limited. The good news: Sonys roms are pretty good. The only question is how long their support will last in the future.

Klucznik1

Jul 16, 2014
Sorry mate, but with a Bootloader unlocked allowed status set to :NO you cannot install any custom ROMs. You may however still root the phone if getting rid of bloatware or installing apps that require root is what you are after :eek:

Rekoil

May 17, 2008
Göteborg
www.idroidproject.org
Sorry mate, but with a Bootloader unlocked allowed status set to :NO you cannot install any custom ROMs. You may however still root the phone if getting rid of bloatware or installing apps that require root is what you are after :eek:

Not completely accurate, he can still install cooked roms based on stock, as long as they do not modify boot partition as he can only run stock kernels.

Reactions: LaZiODROID

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Not completely accurate, he can still install cooked roms based on stock, as long as they do not modify boot partition as he can only run stock kernels.