[SOLVED]"Sleep Of Death" mode after 10 seconds lights off/ locked screen

Search This thread

yayakuya

Jul 25, 2012
C:\Earth\Asia\Indonesia\Tangerang
hi guys...
I've got my sensation on the second hands condition yesterday...
it's very cheap coz there's somethin error ( not sure it's hw or sw problem )

like the title said, power turned off it self after 10 seconds lights off/ locked screen...
I can't do anything after that except pull the battery out n put it again for turning on...

but if I plug in the USB cable/ charge it with "always wake" screen, it never died as a normal...

if I try to factory reset then remove the SIM card n SD Card or in Air plane mode, it's working fine w/o any problem...
but when I put the SIM card n activate mobile data, the problem just appear... :(

do anyone had ever this problem? is it sw or hw problem?
I wanted try another ROMs but my motherboard is kinda new/ replaced, i can't unlock the bootloader n install custom recovery...

yes, I knew there's a guide for me to do S-OFF by ganeshp. but always failed on wire-trick ( program can't read the phone coz QHSUSB_DLOAD driver not found ). I'm using Windows xp and 7 to execute...

so, that's my problem, I hope I will get any solution in here soon...

best regards
yayakuya

--edit--update--

Now while i'm S-OFF and 4EXT recovery installed, then i try to flash custom ROM to see if it made any changes...
trying ViperS JB with Sense 4+ and CM11 by Android123456
Seems like the SOD still persist on my Sensation :(

Got another Tip, i will try to flash with stock RUU
will edit this post, when i was finish with it.... :fingers-crossed: ==> didn't working... still persist...

--edit--update 2--

my guess, there's something happens to the radio, SIM card connector or similarly... coz when on flight mode, SOD doesn't came up...

for temp fix, i'm using Cpu Wake app from store...
problem was gone, but i think new problem shown up...
battery drain faster... setup the cpu for 197~972MHz
cpu can't reach the deep sleep, but while screen off, cpu idle
running on lowest frequency ( 197MHz ) on CM11

--edit--Solved--

Finally it's over... :victory:
but only by an accident... :p
this is what i've done:
1. Flash ViperS 5.0 ROM with Sense 5 > No, SoD still remains...
2. On that ROM installed, i perform some experiments by flash another Kernels on here...
3. Wipe boot with Powerful Kernel Reset > flash Sultan-kernel-r18-Sense-Aroma.zip > reboot > Stucked at boot animation
4. Wipe boot with Powerful Kernel Reset > flash TYD_Kernel_test4.1.9.zip > reboot > Stucked at boot splash
5. Wipe boot with Powerful Kernel Reset > Advance Restore backed up boot > reboot > Test it > Wallaa....

I can going into Deep Sleep without SoD for now!!! :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-19-18-25-52.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-19-18-25-52.png
    209.2 KB · Views: 670
Last edited:

ashkan-khatar

Dec 28, 2012
Keqiao, Shaoxing
Hi;

Your phone goes into Deep Sleep mode actually, not powered off, and it does not wake up anymore. Sure try with another ROM and kernel.

About S-off, install the latest HTC USB drivers proper for your Windows version first.

SENT FROM WHATEVER IS NOT SOMETHING TO BE LOCKED AT, THE THING IS THAT IT IS SENT.

Reactions: yayakuya

yayakuya

Jul 25, 2012
Hi;

Your phone goes into Deep Sleep mode actually, not powered off, and it does not wake up anymore. Sure try with another ROM and kernel.

About S-off, install the latest HTC USB drivers proper for your Windows version first.

SENT FROM WHATEVER IS NOT SOMETHING TO BE LOCKED AT, THE THING IS THAT IT IS SENT.

I was thinking that too...
my phone goes into deep sleep...

abt newest driver, could you please provide me to the link?
I have HTCDriver3.0.0.007.exe is it older one?

thanks for your info. ;)

ashkan-khatar

Dec 28, 2012
Keqiao, Shaoxing
is there any else way to prevent deep sleep as im doing so hard for s-off with my windows pc...
trying lots of third party apps can't even fix it...
thanks

Prevent deep sleep?! It'll eat your battery like hell. Don't ever think about it.
Why don't you install a custom ROM and kernel? Having s-off is not necessary for that, unlocking your bootloader and rooting your current ROM suffices.

nlooooo

Oct 29, 2011
Nis
Prevent deep sleep?! It'll eat your battery like hell. Don't ever think about it.
Why don't you install a custom ROM and kernel? Having s-off is not necessary for that, unlocking your bootloader and rooting your current ROM suffices.

Why don't you read before you flame on somebody?!?

He has a problem with his device that it doesn't wake from deep sleep, and you're trying.to be smart.

yayakuya

Jul 25, 2012

lol... i think you read my first post...
i knew what the risk of prevent deep sleep...
will you choose Sleep On Death preferred? i don't think so...

okay, i'm in s-off with 4ext recovery installed... but i can't do the bootloader unlock, due have the newest motherboard...

trying 3~4 custom kernels but it just stuck on boot splash screen...
even SebastianFM's kernel won't work....

nlooooo

Oct 29, 2011
Nis
lol... i think you read my first post...
i knew what the risk of prevent deep sleep...
will you choose Sleep On Death preferred? i don't think so...

okay, i'm in s-off with 4ext recovery installed... but i can't do the bootloader unlock, due have the newest motherboard...

trying 3~4 custom kernels but it just stuck on boot splash screen...
even SebastianFM's kernel won't work....

You don't need to unlock bootloader, just flash user-friendly firmware 3.33.

ashkan-khatar

Dec 28, 2012
Keqiao, Shaoxing
Why don't you read before you flame on somebody?!?

He has a problem with his device that it doesn't wake from deep sleep, and you're trying.to be smart.

Excuse me?
Then you'd better understand what you have read, then comment on the situation. Where exactly did I flame somebody? Whom were I takling aggressively to?

yayakuya

Jul 25, 2012
Excuse me?
Then you'd better understand what you have read, then comment on the situation. Where exactly did I flame somebody? Whom were I takling aggressively to?

please enough...
and point to my serious problem....
i was read this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1202867
is it make a sense if i try to flash another radio not from my fw?
i can't see my fw in there thread...
if i force to do it, how do i restore my previous radio? i search on system/lib/module/ but there's no radio.img file...
can i just restore my backup n everything back to normal stage?
thanks...

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
please enough...
and point to my serious problem....
i was read this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1202867
is it make a sense if i try to flash another radio not from my fw?
i can't see my fw in there thread...
if i force to do it, how do i restore my previous radio? i search on system/lib/module/ but there's no radio.img file...
can i just restore my backup n everything back to normal stage?
thanks...

use the getril app from playstore
it will show you the best combination of radio/ril

yayakuya

Jul 25, 2012

yayakuya

Jul 25, 2012
Post #2, Firmware 3.33 Universal

already flash it...
i'm not sure is it working or not...
flashing just succeed, but my sw number doesn't changed...

the hell... in first test [locked screen for abt 2 minutes] my phone still alive...!!! :victory:

will edit this post after test it for 15~20 minutes... [usually in 15 seconds my phone just Sleep On Death Mode]

thanks n will report you soon
:beer:

Reactions: nlooooo

nlooooo

Oct 29, 2011
Nis
already flash it...
i'm not sure is it working or not...
flashing just succeed, but my sw number doesn't changed...

the hell... in first test [locked screen for abt 2 minutes] my phone still alive...!!! :victory:

will edit this post after test it for 15~20 minutes... [usually in 15 seconds my phone just Sleep On Death Mode]

thanks n will report you soon
:beer:

It won't change your sw number from Settings/About cause it's red from build.prop. Restart to bootloader and you'll se the difference.

Top Liked Posts