[Q] How to Charge Batteries .....

Search This thread

vja4Him

Jan 16, 2011
I know there is already information on this topic ..... I have read conflicting advice on how to charge cell phone batteries, but I want to make sure and get the maximum use and life from the ZeroLemon 10000 Extended Battery for my Note 3 .....

The directions from the company simply state to give six full charges, but there is no explanation exactly what that means. I have sent the company a question regarding this issue, but still have not yet received an answer .....

I just finished the third full charge. When I received the battery, I charged it for 12 hours before unplugging from the charger. Then allowed my Note 3 to go completely dead (to Zero %). Then charged again for 12 hours. Did this three times so far.

I'm only getting around 37 hours of medium to heavy use, or about 1 1/2 days, and around 18-20 hours of Screen On Time, which seems somewhat impressive!

After I go through six charging cycles, should I always charge for 12 hours, or is this no longer necessary?

-- Jim

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
Based on what I read in charging lithium ion batteries ( which I also practice ), you don't wait until battery discharges to 0 before charging it since it shortens the life span of the battery by damaging the negative electrode. The recommendation is to charge it once it reaches 10% and don't have to fully charge battery to 100%, just around 90 - 95%. Since lithium ion batteries don't have memory effect, partial charges and discharges don't have negative effect on the overall battery life.

Didn't made this up, just quoting from memory.

Reactions: vja4Him

celderic

Dec 1, 2010
Never let my stock note 3 battery go below 5 percent. I am getting great battery life. The same with my old i9100.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Reactions: vja4Him

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Based on what I read in charging lithium ion batteries ( which I also practice ), you don't wait until battery discharges to 0 before charging it since it shortens the life span of the battery by damaging the negative electrode. The recommendation is to charge it once it reaches 10% and don't have to fully charge battery to 100%, just around 90 - 95%. Since lithium ion batteries don't have memory effect, partial charges and discharges don't have negative effect on the overall battery life.

Didn't made this up, just quoting from memory.
    Never let my stock note 3 battery go below 5 percent. I am getting great battery life. The same with my old i9100.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk