[ROM][TW4.4]*eZKAT*| Official | 240dpi | N3/S5 Features | Status Bar Mods| 5-27-14

Search This thread

just_visiting

Aug 14, 2008
Vancouver
its disabled for me but im happy & Thanks man for the Modem works perfect , one issue the phone app needs to be fixed , when you have the 240 mod the phone app is to small

It's not too small. It's the perfect size. The purpose of 240dpi is just that, making everything smaller so you get more screen real-estate.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

How do you remove the "network speed" from the status bar?

I've looked through all settings pretty thuroughly.

If you read the thread or did a search, you'd have found the answer. You need to flash the s5 mod. Also the network speed indicator lets you know what your data speed is. Very useful.

zetrixNoob

Dec 30, 2013
Help Needed

I am using T889 (T mobiles) note 2. I was previously on 4.3 stock rom and wanted to upgrade to 4.4 and saw this thread and went on to try it.
The rom flashed with no issues, I flashed the baseband for t mobile and got the signals but the wifi and bluetooth are not turning on. I then tried to flash Dr.Ketans patch but the problem still exist. I didnt flash the super user so i thought may be thats the problem so i went on and flashed Su and again flashed the wifi patch but the problem was still there. I tried to go back to stock using odine but found out that i cant really downgrade ( due to something called locked bootloader or something i dont really understand ). I reflashed the eZKAT rom and now stuck with the same problem. The root also doesnt seem to work. superuser is crashing everytime i try to open it.

Kindly senior developer help me out.
p.s: sorry for my spellings i am kinda freaked out right now.

just_visiting

Aug 14, 2008
Vancouver
I am using T889 (T mobiles) note 2. I was previously on 4.3 stock rom and wanted to upgrade to 4.4 and saw this thread and went on to try it.
The rom flashed with no issues, I flashed the baseband for t mobile and got the signals but the wifi and bluetooth are not turning on. I then tried to flash Dr.Ketans patch but the problem still exist. I didnt flash the super user so i thought may be thats the problem so i went on and flashed Su and again flashed the wifi patch but the problem was still there. I tried to go back to stock using odine but found out that i cant really downgrade ( due to something called locked bootloader or something i dont really understand ). I reflashed the eZKAT rom and now stuck with the same problem. The root also doesnt seem to work. superuser is crashing everytime i try to open it.

Kindly senior developer help me out.
p.s: sorry for my spellings i am kinda freaked out right now.

Flash the Agni kernel to fix your issues. Link is in my sig.

zetrixNoob

Dec 30, 2013
No difference. What you can do is go to SamMobile and odin the stock firmware. Re-root it after and flash Ez again. That should fix everything.
I tried that but after flashing the stock 4.3 firmware the mobile just stuck on T-mobiles logo. The flashing completes flawlessly though. I searched the net and what i understand is that you cant downgrade from 4.4 to 4.3. dont know if its the case or not.

just_visiting

Aug 14, 2008
Vancouver
Thanks for quick help. I tried the exact same version but using CWM. still the wifi issue prevails. should i try using TWRP if it makes any difference?

I tried that but after flashing the stock 4.3 firmware the mobile just stuck on T-mobiles logo. The flashing completes flawlessly though. I searched the net and what i understand is that you cant downgrade from 4.4 to 4.3. dont know if its the case or not.

Can you not odin a Canadian 4.4.2 firmware? You'll get no cell signal because of the incorrect radio. Re-root, install recovery, flash EzRom, flash correct radio, and flash SU.

zetrixNoob

Dec 30, 2013
let me give it a try and i will post my results here tomorrow. Going to sleep now its 2 am here in my place. have an office early morning.

lmt125

Oct 26, 2010
I had this rom for a very long time and one day it started to say uid error and to format data so I decided to start fresh. I accidentally flashed a 4.3 rom. I started over but after flashing this one again it won't get past the note 2 screen.

I've tried twerp and cwm with no luck.

Any suggestions? I'm on 4.1.2 bootloader never updated. And it worked perfectly last time.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Free mobile app

dicksteele

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 4, 2010
California
I had this rom for a very long time and one day it started to say uid error and to format data so I decided to start fresh. I accidentally flashed a 4.3 rom. I started over but after flashing this one again it won't get past the note 2 screen.

I've tried twerp and cwm with no luck.

Any suggestions? I'm on 4.1.2 bootloader never updated. And it worked perfectly last time.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Free mobile app

Just boot into recovery and do factory reset. Old bootloader is fine.

From my help thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2618447

*** Upon reboot the phone will hang. This is because of left over 4.3 file(s) not letting the system boot.

Pull the battery and let the phone sit for a few seconds, pop the battery in and boot into stock recovery (HOLD VOL UP+HOME+POWER) and do a FACTORY RESET then reboot.

This is just the reverse of what is happening to you.

Benefit of what you have. You do NOT have a locked bootloader. If you upgrade, you will.

Reactions: lmt125

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to,

uapldo31289.png

The very first 4.4.2 touch wiz rom for att, tmo, and n7105

Based off of official n7105 kit kat 4.4.2

opluda31280.png

*All n3 features including Air Command
    *S5 apps including settings
    *Quick reply text option. (Go to sms settings then notifications)
    *Status bar gradient colors, clock mods, gesture controls, and battery bar (SEE THIS THREAD FOR INSTRUCTIONS)
    *Clock mods - see above link
    *Network Speed
    *CPU status in notification pulldown
    *MIUI battery bar customizable
    *Some tweaks for speed, more to come also
    *Added lots of themes for the launcher, already installed
    *More crap i probobly forgot

oaldpu31281.png

*Download ROM to sdcard
    *Flash ROM from recovery
    *Flash Keyboard Fix OR S5 Keyboard
    *Flash modem if necessary
    *Let it boot, and set up APN
    *Reboot into recovery and flash supersu 1.99
    *install busybox from playstore
    *Enjoy the newest android experience!!!

Tmobile modem http://www.mediafire.com/?5hrw5zr7hh4mnmt
    Thanks @kozmo21

paduol31282.png

eZKAT v2.0 n3
    eZKAT v2.0 n3 Keyboard Fix

eZKAT v1.0
    SuperSU v1.99

*If root doesnt work then use odin and use cf auto root...then use odin to flash back your twrp or cwm (cf auto root also installs stock recovery)

Odin 3.07
    CF Autoroot
    Wifi fix for tmobile users on old bootloader http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47573040&postcount=2**NOT for n7105. Tmobile ONLY**

adolpu31283.png

S5 Keyboard
    S5 Themed UI
    Stock System UI
    **NOTE: Potato mods ONLY work with UI that comes with the rom, so if you flash these, just delete the potato apps

Launcher themes
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2736907

240dpi mod

SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR 240DPI (beta)
    *Flash 240dpi
    *Flash the s5 keyboard from above
    *Now use xposed App settings to change keyboard dpi to 320 so It takes whole screen up. And enjoy

oldupa31284.png

New video of 2.0!!

eZKAT Review Video

Installation Video
    Thanks @mooneyb

Android Spin Article of EZKAT

http://androidspin.com/2014/06/05/t...to-galaxy-note-3-galaxy-s5-hybrid-with-ezkat/

luaodp31285.png

If you like my work and would like to support me, contribute to my Internet fund or buy me a beer! Much appreciated and you know that I NEVER expect anything from anyone!
    --Thanks so much for the donations!!!--
    @JudgeDredd67
    @gregsarg**many times..thank you so much my man! It's because of you I have Internet to keep building!
    @bushdiverq
    @gshadow325
    @stuckmoto
    @Striker333
    @fadge
    @salcirabisi

Click to Donate

opdaul31286.png

*All of e-team for letting me compare files and help fixing stuff
    *All of Nebula team(Lacoursier18,fmfkz,krowley3, for helping me incorporate n3 features and getting stuff working
    *IcedVentiMocha for introducing me to the potato mods (status bar gestures)
    *All of Potato Inc
    *All of my testers, infamous,rogers,greg, etc
    *All of my donators
    *Anyone i forgot just PM me!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][TW4.4]*eZKAT*| Official | 240dpi | N3/S5 Features | Status Bar Mods| 5-27-14, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    eZdubzitmk4, JudgeDredd67
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Firmware Required: 4.3 Bootloader OR Agni Kernel
    Based On: Stock 4.4.2 Touchwiz

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v2.0 n3
    Stable Release Date: 2014-05-27
    Current Beta Version: v1.0
    Beta Release Date: 2014-05-10

Created 2014-06-04
    Last Updated 2014-06-04
    [ROM][TouchWiz 4.4.2] *eZKAT* | beta | Knox free | 5-10-14 | temporarily on hold

ezu9uqy4.jpg

ga7ymase.jpg

dusuzymy.jpg

qu2e2ytu.jpg

bajuga7a.jpg

ynudyda3.jpg

za5enaza.jpg
    A HUGE thanks goes to @gregsarg

He donated a note 2 to me just so I can continue building ezkat. I could of done it without it but it would just take a while is all. He didn't want to hear it! So everyone should PM him or thank his post if you use ezkat. He is the reason why you all will continue to use this rom!! He is the most generous person I have ever met. I could only wish to be as good of a person as him.

You have my heart filled thanks brother. Thank you for everything you do for XDA

Very kind of you Brother. ..thank you. .

I am pleased to hear that you are now able to continue the project that we have come to know as the "FIRST" KitKat rom for our device. ..

It's a good day for the eZKAT Family...as we move forward with even more great code. ..

And of course. ...you are welcome. ...g

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    hey all, how is everyone??

I haven't looked at this thread in some time, and am sorry. I'm sure you all have heard what happened.

I recently joined the xda assist team, so am taking this opportunity to come back to xda. I hope everyone is still enjoying this ROM, and i will start developing again soon. Thank you everyone, for all of the kind thoughts and prayers. It meant the world to me. Thank you so much. You will be seeing alot more of me now. It feels good to be back.

Marc - aka eZ
    Reserved

A HUGE thanks goes to @gregsarg

He donated a note 2 to me just so I can continue building ezkat. I could of done it without it but it would just take a while is all. He didn't want to hear it! So everyone should PM him or thank his post if you use ezkat. He is the reason why you all will continue to use this rom!! He is the most generous person I have ever met. I could only wish to be as good of a person as him.

You have my heart filled thanks brother. Thank you for everything you do for XDA