[DEV] Android for Blue Angel (PXA Droid)

Search This thread

MarsWalker

Oct 16, 2006
Porto
Yet only Gingerbread 2012-05-27. For Gingerbread_CM7.2 2012-06-10 you still need Linux.
But if you take Ubuntu Live CD it is not this difficult- even I total Linux Noob got along with it
successfully.;)

Thank you.
Did all the steps from http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/project/pxadroid/SDCard Tutorial.pdf but it does not show my card reader :S
I'll check to see if I have another reader around to test.
Anyway tank you.

To the ROM builder I just want to say T H A N K Y O U !!!!!!!!!!!

d-two

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2008
@miki100:
I have upload the patch for the touchscreen and buttons with spi framework (blueangel_tsc2200.patch).
please make 10 post's in other thread's that you can post here in the DEV thread...

please say if this work in your 3.x kernel ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Arteusx and miki100

d-two

Nov 27, 2008
miki100 said:
Thank you for the patch, dtwo :good:

After a few fixes (changing set_irq_wake to irq_set_irq_wake and set_irq_type to irq_set_irq_type) it compiles without error. But unfortunately I can't test it, because I messed up my whole blueangel platform device file when I was trying to get it to work earlier and now it even does not boot(don't worry, it's not because of your patch :D ). Maybe could you send me your blueangel.c ?(or whatever you named it)

I have already 1 post, at last I can click the thanks button now :) But I don't know how to get 9 more... Maybe I will make a thread with questions like "How do I turn on the phone" or "How to send SMS" :p

look in the 2nd post...

make some post with thanks or something like this...:silly:

EDIT: which version is your kernel? notime has say in the newest is the doc3g driver with write support...

Last edited:
Reactions: Arteusx

B-44

Aug 31, 2011
Starkenburg
www.B-44.de
or go to the BA-equipment-Thread. There's a lot bout loose stylus or screws, i guess you'll have to say something about ;) Me myself gained my first points there. Just go to my B-44 profile/statistics/all posts and you'll find right among the first ones some really helpful items :D

Last edited:

d-two

Nov 27, 2008
miki100 said:
Sorry, I still don't have 10 posts...

Unfortunately your driver for touchscreen and TSC2200 keys don't work in kernel 3.5 :( . It is the same as with old-no event, but these at least initialize. Or I am stupid and can't get it to work.

And with new kernel there is indeed write support for DoC G3(but in help there is that there is no write support ???), but of course it doesn't work for me :rolleyes: I see only "docg3 no supported DiskOnChip found"

upload or send me your "blueangel.c" and i can search the problem... The docg3 is only work without windows mobile, windows mobile lock the chip and you can't detect... :p sorry, forget to say :confused: ...

EDIT: if you make a git (or send me the kernel compressed and i will upload it in my PXADroid site), i will patch my stuff in your kernel and we can work together in the 3.5 kernel...

Last edited:

notime2d8

Jul 31, 2007
Birmingham
upload or send me your "blueangel.c" and i can search the problem... The docg3 is only work without windows mobile, windows mobile lock the chip and you can't detect... :p sorry, forget to say :confused: ...

EDIT: if you make a git (or send me the kernel compressed and i will upload it in my PXADroid site), i will patch my stuff in your kernel and we can work together in the 3.5 kernel...

Were these lines changed for the 3.5 kernel from this:

.keyb_int = gpio_to_irq(GPIO2_BLUEANGEL_TSC_nKB),
/* TOUCHSCREEN CONFIG */
.ts_name = "tsc2200-touchscreen",
.dav_int = gpio_to_irq(GPIO16_BLUEANGEL_TSC_nTS),

To this?:

.keyb_int = PXA_GPIO_TO_IRQ(GPIO2_BLUEANGEL_TSC_nKB),
/* TOUCHSCREEN CONFIG */
.ts_name = "tsc2200-touchscreen",
.dav_int = PXA_GPIO_TO_IRQ(GPIO16_BLUEANGEL_TSC_nTS),

And the docg3.c driver was updated to add write support and other features but the help documents were not updated...also look at the file for the mioa701.c where support for the chip was added. It has to be defined in your board file along with the size and address of the chip.

Last edited:
Reactions: miki100

miki100

Jun 2, 2012
Bydgoszcz
At last I have those 10 posts...

dtwo, now concentrate on your Android work :) I will later make a github or something with the kernel.

@notime2d8: Yes, I changed these lines. The kernel does compile, boot & work, only no event from TSC2200...
For DoC G3, yes I took definition from mioa701.c, but I think that dtwo is right that WM locks this chip.

d-two

Nov 27, 2008
At last I have those 10 posts...

dtwo, now concentrate on your Android work :) I will later make a github or something with the kernel.

@notime2d8: Yes, I changed these lines. The kernel does compile, boot & work, only no event from TSC2200...
For DoC G3, yes I took definition from mioa701.c, but I think that dtwo is right that WM locks this chip.

Have you a sourceforge account? than i can give you access as developer on the pxadroid site...

miki100

Jun 2, 2012
Bydgoszcz
I am horrible...
With my internet connection I don't think I will be able to use git to upload the whole kernel :rolleyes:(I forgot this is 360MB, even after removing architectures)
I have compressed kernel 3.5 and uploaded it here. (it was uploading almost 2 hours...)
There is basic support for BlueAngel,(LCD&Backlight, W100, GPIO keys...) and I added your TSC 2200 patches.
I added my kernel config, but of course remember to change path for crosscompiler in config :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android Gingerbread 2.3.6/2.3.7 CM7.2​

xda_3_black_3.png

DOWNLOAD ALPHA RELEASE​

Special Greetings to notime2d8 who let me have a look at his Universal Kernel and Filesystem ;)

And thanks to all who didn't want to help me and just said that it's not possible because of the age of the device

Kernel 2.6.34

Working
    -LCD
    -IRDA
    -WIFI (for the moment only in CM7.2)
    -Sound (UDA1380)
    -Bluetooth (for the moment only in CM7.2)
    -Power Supply
    -Phone Support (for the moment only in CM7.2)
    -CPU (scaling | idle)
    -DOC G3 (64MB)
    -Intel Flash (32MB) (read support)
    -GPIO (Buttons | LEDs)
    -PASIC2 (Battery | LEDs)
    -TSC2200 Chip (Buttons | Touchscreen)
    -ATI Imageon 3200 / W100 Frame Buffer
    -ASIC3 (SD/SDHC CARD | Keyboard | Backlight | Button / Keyboard Backlight | Vibrator)

Problems
    -UDA1380 (ADC not work)
    -Keyboard Backlight (Not right detected)
    -Phone (No GPRS at the Moment | Pin must input in Windows Mobile !!:mad:)

Not working
    -Camera (at the moment no driver available)
    -Suspend/Resume (problem with wakeup)

ToDo
    -Intel Flash (add write support)
    -Optimize Wifi driver add WPA(2) support
    -Bootloader (port to lk)
    -Cleanup init.rc
    -Remove Battery workaround
    -Optimize OpenGL
    -Add W100 lib ?

Thanks for the Donation:
    -Swiss420 (Thanks for Logo too)
    -Atakan Yilmaz
    -Fiona Bennett
    -kuapao
    FAQ

Q: How do I get the Google Apps?
    A: LINK

Q: How I can help?
    A: LOOK HERE

Kernel 3.5+

Working
    -LCD
    -IRDA
    -WIFI (not yet)
    -Sound (UDA1380) (not yet)
    -Bluetooth (not yet)
    -Phone Support (not yet)
    -CPU (scaling | idle)
    -DOC G3 (64MB)
    -Intel Flash (32MB) (read only)
    -GPIO (Buttons | LEDs)
    -PASIC2 (Battery | LEDs)
    -Power Supply with USB Charging
    -TSC2200 Chip (Buttons | Touchscreen)
    -ATI Imageon 3200 / W100 Frame Buffer
    -ASIC3 (SD/SDHC CARD | Keyboard | Backlight | Button / Keyboard Backlight | Vibrator | LEDs)

Problems
    -UDA1380 (ADC not work)
    -Keyboard Backlight (Not right detected)
    -Phone (No GPRS at the Moment | Pin must input in Windows Mobile !!:mad:)

Not working
    -Camera (at the moment no driver available)
    -Suspend/Resume (problem with wakeup)

YouTube Channel

Yes, some news:
    I have fix ATI Suspend...
    I have fix SD Card detection...
    I have create a standby mode (standby time 36 hours)
    Fix PWM asic for bootloader version...
    Kernel support now Hima, Magician and Universal too...

and at the moment i work on the PXA-Bootloader (it can detect the different devices Himalaya, Blueangel, Magician and Universal)

Stuff that need to fix or add:
    Flash driver in Bootloader...
    PXA framebuffer in bootloader...
    Docg driver for Universal in bootloader...
    USB Support in Bootloader...

Fix SD card in Android...
    Fix route for mic (phone and record) in Android...

Improvements for performances...
    4GB SD by Platinum and Transcend both work with simple Install as well as Ubuntu on SX66...
    In the download area there's some Gingerbread entry created yesterday 20:35 but it's empty:confused:
    For this but it is not finish :D

PS: Sorry for the cut the battery was empty :(
    PPS: It's CyanogenMod :D
    Good News:

I have test a 32GB SDHC Card class10 and it work :laugh:
    This card:
    http://www.amazon.de/dp/B007BJHEWK/...de=asn&creative=22494&creativeASIN=B007BJHEWK