Newbie to installing Roms

Search This thread
T

TechGirl90

I have a sprint variant of the LG G2 running Android 4.4.2 kitkat and I'm interested in trying the CloudyG3 Rom, and I was wondering, what are the most simple steps to installing the CloudyG3 Rom so that I won't make any mistakes? Appreciate all the help I can get. [emoji4]

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

hooover

Aug 3, 2008
State of VA
I have a sprint variant of the LG G2 running Android 4.4.2 kitkat and I'm interested in trying the CloudyG3 Rom, and I was wondering, what are the most simple steps to installing the CloudyG3 Rom so that I won't make any mistakes? Appreciate all the help I can get. [emoji4]

Make sure you are up to date with KK baseband and modem...then follow the instructions that he has posted, it is basic as that...

Granted that you are already rooted with a custom recovery since you are inquiring about flashing a Ported ROM

this is what I did:

DL the ROM
Place on SD card
reboot recovery
Make a back up of your current ROM
wipe everything except Internal Data (Do not wipe internal data.)
after wipe you can now choose the ROM and install

if you have white lines after first boot there are Kernels that fix it in the second post FAQ on the original thread
if you do get the white lines power your device off and boot to recovery by holding Volume down and Sleep/power button, entering until Recovery mode appears on the screen..

T

TechGirl90

Ok, thanks, I'll try that. ?

T

TechGirl90

Ok, I'm in recovery mode and went to wipe, then I went to Advanced Wipe, and it shows these options: Dalvik Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, and Cache, which ones should be checked and unchecked?

SpartanChef

Jun 17, 2014
Be careful of what you delete!

Ok, I'm in recovery mode and went to wipe, then I went to Advanced Wipe, and it shows these options: Dalvik Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, and Cache, which ones should be checked and unchecked?

As hooover stated, check everything except the Internal Storage. Wiping the internal storage will delete the OS!

RohanM

Oct 19, 2012
Make sure you are up to date with KK baseband and modem...then follow the instructions that he has posted, it is basic as that...

I am on official/stock ZVD & only rooted so far. So if it's official then it must be already on KK basband, right ? :confused:

Please quote me while replying so I will get a tapatalk notification.