[Help] Unlock bootloader in L9 P769

Search This thread

kevinrealk

Mar 13, 2013
Hello, I know there are tutorials about unlocking the bootloader, but in the case of the P769, is the most difficult of all, so give you some data to see that tutorial or steps should I take to unlock it without problems:

- L9 P760 T-Mobile, 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, V20H (and says that according to LG software, already has the latest version), root and recovery (CWM)

As I said, I have seen many tutorials, but too confusing, and according to what I read, the V20H is an open verison, and not if I can skip the process of installing the kdz V20B (which looks to open the bootloader)

Please I need to unlock the bootloader, confirming what I want most of all if you need to install v20b kdz or not? or at least a simple tutorial for unlocking, thanks.

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Hello, I know there are tutorials about unlocking the bootloader, but in the case of the P769, is the most difficult of all, so give you some data to see that tutorial or steps should I take to unlock it without problems:

- L9 P760 T-Mobile, 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, V20H (and says that according to LG software, already has the latest version), root and recovery (CWM)

As I said, I have seen many tutorials, but too confusing, and according to what I read, the V20H is an open verison, and not if I can skip the process of installing the kdz V20B (which looks to open the bootloader)

Please I need to unlock the bootloader, confirming what I want most of all if you need to install v20b kdz or not? or at least a simple tutorial for unlocking, thanks.

I hate to bust your bubble but if your P769 ( USA T-Mobile ) was made after March 2013, if memory serves, the bootloader is NOT unlockable. I think the MetroPCS P769 can be unlocked however but don't quote me on that. The only way, if at all possible, is the lengthy process you've already mentioned. For the P769, there is no such thing as a simple tutorial for unlocking the bootloader. Most of the P769 users, myself included, have moved on to other devices because of the inability to unlock the bootloader.

I should also mention that there are tons of threads related to this. Research and XDA's search feature are your friends. XDA prefers it's members to search and search again before creating redundant or duplicate threads. ;)

kevinrealk

Mar 13, 2013
I hate to bust your bubble but if your P769 ( USA T-Mobile ) was made after March 2013, if memory serves, the bootloader is NOT unlockable. I think the MetroPCS P769 can be unlocked however but don't quote me on that. The only way, if at all possible, is the lengthy process you've already mentioned. For the P769, there is no such thing as a simple tutorial for unlocking the bootloader. Most of the P769 users, myself included, have moved on to other devices because of the inability to unlock the bootloader.

I should also mention that there are tons of threads related to this. Research and XDA's search feature are your friends. XDA prefers it's members to search and search again before creating redundant or duplicate threads. ;)
I understand, I just like to confirm that with the long method (install v20b kdz , wait 30 minutes-1 hour, use the commands in ABD) chance of unlocking the bootloader? O is permanently blocked?

And if it is impossible to unlock, Even I can install roms for phones with locked bootloader?

Now I have understood that it is difficult to unlock in this model, but at least I want to know if there is even a possibility. Thank you

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN
I understand, I just like to confirm that with the long method (install v20b kdz , wait 30 minutes-1 hour, use the commands in ABD) chance of unlocking the bootloader? O is permanently blocked?

And if it is impossible to unlock, Even I can install roms for phones with locked bootloader?

Now I have understood that it is difficult to unlock in this model, but at least I want to know if there is even a possibility. Thank you
Yes you can flash ROMs for locked bootloaders assuming you have 2nd-init recovery installed.

The chances of unlocking your bootloader are extremely slim at best.