Anker Battery great success

Search This thread

mcvigo

Oct 16, 2011
http://www.amazon.com/Anker-1600mAh...9A/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1318871003&sr=8-15

Bought it and my battery life is very good now, I can actually power use my phone without worried about battery. I played fruit ninja and played music via 3g with the speakers for more than an hour and loss like 15% percent battery. Went to bed with the battery at 12% and when I woke up it was at 8%. I can't get you any technical specs but the battery is alot better than stock, and for the price you can't go wrong.

Reactions: manicalchemist

chbearsrock

Mar 31, 2008
Chicago
Bought these batteries but after pretty extensive testing, I've got to say that any actual difference is marginal at best. Battery Monitor Widget measures them at nearly the same capacity as the original...the best figure it gave was ~1300mAh but accounting for the % error that's likely a bit overstated. Bottom line...you get two batteries on par w/ stock for a good price...just don't expect any real performance difference between a new stock battery and an Anker.

Agoattamer

Jan 25, 2010
PA
I too purchased this set of anker batteries and charger. But picked up on ebay for even less from the same amazon dealer. Also I needed the charger to charge batteries for older phones that used a proprietory charger that I didn't have. My stock HTC battery just wasn't keeping up after only a few months old. Maybe it says something for the quality of the OEM battery. Who knows. But after 2 weeks of using one of these batteries the difference is still night and day for me. Charge lasts much longer than my 6 month old OEM battery. Whether they are better/worse than a NEW OEM battery I can't say. But for the price and after running one for 2 weeks I definitely give them 2 thumbs up. ;)

calc

Jan 21, 2008
I highly doubt these are 1600 mah, it's probably closer to the stock battery.

You guys are comparing a heavily used stock battery to these new ones. What you should be comparing is a new stock battery vs these and you'd probably end up seeing very little difference.

willwalk93

Mar 26, 2011
Magee
Well I just got them for Christmas (gosh I love ordering my own gifts from time to time Haha) and Will give a review after I charge one up tonight and give it a few days use. I can say that I got this phone in March and battery monitor widget consistently measures actual capacity between 986 and 1081 mAh. So OEM battery durability seems to be pretty crappy. Fingers crossed for the new ones!

Also, the stock battery in the last month has still been awful with the battery management technique of "put it on the table and do something else while leaving it in idle mode with data connection off"

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App

willwalk93

Mar 26, 2011
Magee
News is good! This battery tests at around 1500 mAh, as expected short of the advertised 1600, but far better than the older stock battery! After 5 hrs 5 mins on battery with fairly light use, I have 83% battery left.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App

bdaman80

Mar 20, 2011
Pittsfield, Il
I got one of those on the 25th too. The first couple of days were moderatly light use until I got home from work. Then it was more. Got 26+/- hours out of each charge. Lots better than stock battery that was down to 5% usually after a 10 hr day with the same amount of usage

WManzo123

Dec 5, 2011
Garland
I wonder how the performance of the battery last over time. As in does the quality compare to that of the stock? So far my stock battery has a charge of about 8 hours on a good charge with moderate use anand its about a year old. How do these compare?

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using XDA App

willwalk93

Mar 26, 2011
Magee
We shall know in a few weeks/months/Kardashians (you know, 72 days). We will keep you posted man! As terrible as quality was on stock, I don't see how it could get much worse. This battery peaks out aroun 27 degrees Celsius when charging during use and stock would hit 34 degrees consistently.

Agoattamer

Jan 25, 2010
PA
Have to report that my Anker batteries are still doing great. Battery monitor still reporting both around 1475. I find myself not charging the battery overnight sometimes since I still have a decent charge left. And as someone mentioned it isn't fair to compair these new batteries to a failing stock battery. Stock battery was ONLY 7 months old (not good at all). It too is made in china. You can purchase 2 anker batteries and a universal charger for half the price of an oem replacement battery. Never expected the anker batteries to be 1600. How about someone with a fairly new oem battery and using battery monitor report the mAh they get.

Reactions: NmeEcko

bigdipper

Dec 26, 2011
Have to report that my Anker batteries are still doing great. Battery monitor still reporting both around 1475.
May i ask how long ago you bought this battery?

---------- Post added at 04:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 AM ----------

I highly doubt these are 1600 mah, it's probably closer to the stock battery.
As from previous experience, It is not a big deal if they are less than 1600mah, so is the case of OEM batteries.
Or a quick Google search will show batteries with much less capacity selling for a lot more.

Have to report that my Anker batteries are still doing great. Battery monitor still reporting both around 1475. I find myself not charging the battery overnight sometimes since I still have a decent charge left. And as someone mentioned it isn't fair to compair these new batteries to a failing stock battery. Stock battery was ONLY 7 months old (not good at all). It too is made in china. You can purchase 2 anker batteries and a universal charger for half the price of an oem replacement battery. Never expected the anker batteries to be 1600. How about someone with a fairly new oem battery and using battery monitor report the mAh they get.

mine is what i would consider fairly new and battery moniter reports the total mah to be 1230mAh stock OEM htc battery that came with my inspire and i get usually a day and half out of normal use

Reactions: Agoattamer

Agoattamer

Jan 25, 2010
PA
I have had my batteries for about 2 1/2 months now. Still getting 1470 on average out of each. I switch them every 2 weeks just to keep them fresh.

marsdta

May 9, 2011
Just got these myself yesterday. Granted I've only had them one day they have been great and are equal if not better than my original battery. Again this is only after one day use so hopefully it stays the same.

But so far I have 4.25 hours of on-screen time
30 min of GPS with imapmyrun
30 min of Pandora(for my run)
Total time: 1day 2 hours and have about 7 percent left

Wifi and GPS were always on even when not in use. Regular setup of gmail, and yahoo to push my emails

Last edited:

calc

Jan 21, 2008
I hope you guys are aware of how lithium ion's work... which these are. I'm positive someone has already said this in some other section, but it should be known as this applies to practically all phones.

Deep discharging frequently will damage the batteries, best not to run these batteries all the way down just because you can....

Heat will kill the batteries quicker than just about anything you throw at it. When you guys deep discharge and have a prolonged recharging time the phone does get hot, also leaving the phone/battery in a hot summer car... well...

Time is another issue. The batteries degrade with time/age, whether you use them or not. If a seller is selling you a "new" battery that's been sitting on their shelf for a couple of years, you're going to get a gimped battery despite it being "new".

heathroi

Aug 6, 2011
Chicago
I recently got a couple of these batteries, charged them with the wall charger then when i put them into phone, didn't work phone saw them as at 0% and switched off , (yes made sure i put them in the right way.):mad:

Agoattamer

Jan 25, 2010
PA
I recently got a couple of these batteries, charged them with the wall charger then when i put them into phone, didn't work phone saw them as at 0% and switched off , (yes made sure i put them in the right way.):mad:

Sounds like you did something wrong. 2 batteries? I don't care how junky you might find them they should have at least worked. Guessing you did something wrong woth the wall charger. Try charging them in your phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.amazon.com/Anker-1600mAh...9A/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1318871003&sr=8-15

Bought it and my battery life is very good now, I can actually power use my phone without worried about battery. I played fruit ninja and played music via 3g with the speakers for more than an hour and loss like 15% percent battery. Went to bed with the battery at 12% and when I woke up it was at 8%. I can't get you any technical specs but the battery is alot better than stock, and for the price you can't go wrong.

mine is what i would consider fairly new and battery moniter reports the total mah to be 1230mAh stock OEM htc battery that came with my inspire and i get usually a day and half out of normal use