[OFF-TOPIC] Official Off-Topic Thread

Search This thread

sewerprat

Jul 30, 2013
York
Does anyone know if we should expect 4.2 on the note 2 or will Samsung just skip straight to 4.3? Would Samsung even just leave it at 4.1.2 and forget about note 2 completely bearing in mind note 3 is likely to be out in September. I hope they keep updating note 2 as I can't afford to upgrade for a while.

Tha TechnoCrat

Does anyone know if we should expect 4.2 on the note 2 or will Samsung just skip straight to 4.3? Would Samsung even just leave it at 4.1.2 and forget about note 2 completely bearing in mind note 3 is likely to be out in September. I hope they keep updating note 2 as I can't afford to upgrade for a while.

Check this out buddy

http://www.latinospost.com/articles...xy-note-2-update-release-date-android-4-3.htm

"Thanks button is just to avoid "THANKS" posts in threads. Nothing more than that. Don't ask in signature or post for it and defeat the purpose why it was introduced"

Rickav

Feb 15, 2013
Sco'land
Samsung Galaxy A70
So, uh, for reasons unknown to science, I held down the power and home button for a bit too long.
Phone took much longer than usual to reboot.
Realised why.
Reboot into phone as if brand new and just taken out from the box.
wut
Rooted and running a custom rom beforehand.
Opened app drawer, everything still there but none of the user downloaded and most of the system apps wouldn't open.
imessedupbigtime
Reboot a few more times, same story.
Reboot to recovery and try jiggle around a bit, doesn't help.
Hold down different combinations of the buttons, still no better.
youthinkthisisagame
Didn't make any sort of backup previously
Because I failed to foresee the unprecedented level of my idiocy.
Can, however, connect it via usb to laptop and explore sd card through there.
Have a 127 hours moment.
Drastic measures have to be taken for the greater good.
Copy all files from both the internal sd card and the external one to laptop.
Pray to Lord Jesus Muhammad Buddha that gaming apps can be restored from this make do backup.
I was level 135 on jetpack joyride.
Do you even see how serious this is? Can you even comprehend the implications of what I'm about to do.
Boot to recovery.
Wipe cache.
Wipe dalvik cache.
Factory reset.
Wipe internal storage.
Wait, what!?
Yeah, I went that far. Big mistake. BIG mistake.
My phone is now simply a plastic case with bits of metal in it. And, of course, the recovery software still running.
Like a foetus. So much potential to be, but no more useful than bag of mushy peas.
But hers my plan. I downloaded and moved my custom rom from my laptop to the external sd card which was now in my phone.
Flash rom from sd card.
No.
Fcuking.
Way.
I saved it.
Yes, it was still an absolute newborn. But at least it wasn't a stillborn. Maybe I'm getting a bit carried away with the metaphors here.
Build up phone with the help of some screenshots I had taken a while back.
Start restoring apps from their backups.
Hungry sharks evolution, yep.
Jelly car 3, hell yeah.
Into the dead, no. I never played it anyway.
Pudding monsters, nope. Pssh, it was for babies.
Cut the rope, negative. But... I had... Perfected every single box... EVERY SINGLE BOX, YE HEAR?
Jetpack joyride, no. No. It can't be. Not after everything we've been through. How could you betray me like this, Barry?
Sniffle
Fcuk it all, I'm gonna get a hacked version of jetpack joyride, or so help me god.
Search the internet. Find a shady site. Download shady apk. Install shady apk. Run app.
Holy.
Shizzle.
Half a million gold. Every single gadget, jetpack, clothes purchased. Even some 300 of each head start, final blasts and quick revives.
But.
BUTT.
Level 1.
Never mind, Barry. You and me. We'll pull together through it. Just like the old days. Except this time, we do it like mutha-fcukin badasses.

Also, my phone is now exactly the way I want it: even better than before. The only thing left to do is make a backup. But I can do that later. I mean, I won't make a mistake like that again, right? Right...?

Reactions: tweeny80

tweeny80

Jul 2, 2012
Lol I very much enjoyed reading your story. When does the book come out? The main character was a bit flawed but you made him seen human, someone we could relate to.

Looking forward to his next adventure!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Rickav

Rickav

Feb 15, 2013
Sco'land
Samsung Galaxy A70
Lol I very much enjoyed reading your story. When does the book come out? The main character was a bit flawed but you made him seen human, someone we could relate to.

Looking forward to his next adventure!

You just made my midnight (yes, I surf xda in the very early hours of the morning; not because I'm an insomniac but slightly loopy. Okay, maybe full on mentally challenged. Don't even bother judging me).
Seriously, really appreciate that you managed to drag yourself through all of that mess and well glad that you enjoyed it. Not an author. Not even a writer. (I guess you already picked that part up early on). But every now and then I have some experience which just make me go,

"Daaang... I need to tell others about this awesomeness."

And that's how stories like that come to be. That "flawed" guy, played by yours truly (that's me), dislikes English quite a lot. Abandoned the subject quite a while ago now. But I like a good story time, me. And I narrate stories the way I would like to read them. Reckon that's where you get the "relatable" aspect from.

Meh.

Here's to more awesome stuff happening to me so I can type them then others like you can read and enjoy them and our karma increases and together we will beat global warming. Umm... uh... Yippee ka yay!?

tweeny80

Jul 2, 2012
Chapter two is an editorial then; some insight into the author to help flesh out the character's development.
Anyways we're all glad you got your device sorted. Who likes a story where the main character gets bested :eek:

Rickav

Feb 15, 2013
Sco'land
Samsung Galaxy A70
So, uh, I have a dilemma...

So clearly Note 2 has not yet received any firmware updates that allows the placing of widgets on the lookscreen (namely 4.2 and 4.3).

On the other hand, there's a handy app called widgetlocker that does allow the placing of widgets on the lookscreen despite 4.1.2 limitations. The major con is that I'd have to sacrifice device locking security in order for the app to function properly and let's not even mention the lagging problems you inevitably face with likes of an app like this.

So what should I do... Buy and make do with widgetlocker on 4.1.2 until it becomes redundant in the future OR wait some more for the official update and take it from there...?

tweeny80

Jul 2, 2012
So, uh, I have a dilemma...

So clearly Note 2 has not yet received any firmware updates that allows the placing of widgets on the lookscreen (namely 4.2 and 4.3).

On the other hand, there's a handy app called widgetlocker that does allow the placing of widgets on the lookscreen despite 4.1.2 limitations. The major con is that I'd have to sacrifice device locking security in order for the app to function properly and let's not even mention the lagging problems you inevitably face with likes of an app like this.

So what should I do... Buy and make do with widgetlocker on 4.1.2 until it becomes redundant in the future OR wait some more for the official update and take it from there...?

To me, all depends on cost - the really useful apps are usually worth their price. I guess you have to weigh up when you think our next update might drop. Counting backwards, then how many days might you get use of widget locker? (*puts on serious face, gets out calc, squints eyes) now time for a cost benefit analysis... yes I had to Google it too

Or you could do what many posters in the 'samsung delays update again' thread threaten to do; go buy HTC because at least they care about their customers. Psshaw ! Go for it rickster

Reactions: Rickav

Rickav

Feb 15, 2013
Sco'land
Samsung Galaxy A70
So @droidzika's simple advice is to get the damned app and stop willying around.

And @tweeny80 suggests I go buy an HTC because 'Screw you, Sammy my boy'. Somehow, I feel getting the app would be a somewhat cheaper option.

I kid, tweeny. I've already thought about how many days of actual use I'd get with the app and, realistically, I think it would become redundant sometime in January '14. By that time, hopefully, the next update has rolled out to our Notes and maybe even a few 4.3 stable roms to play with.

So that's, give or take, 5 months from now. 5 months to a acquaint myself with widgetlocker before it is abandoned for good. That's a long-ass time. That's like 5 complete lunar revolutions. Maybe I should just get it as a sign of good will and, more important, it's pretty darn handy...

Reactions: droidzika

nitrous²

Jun 4, 2010
The Grid
Guys I'm taking a self-test on how long I can survive without root. It's been 1 hour now and I can already feel the urge to cf-auto-root. Anyways, I'll report the minute I root :p

wiijordends

Jun 21, 2013
Hi everyone

I'm looking for a FREE app to stitch a panorama out of already existing photo's.

I already tried photostitch and autostitch.
My trail version is over for photostitch. The free autostitch app can only make a panorama from very low quality.

Do someone know an app that stitch existing photos together to a panorama.

And maybe free?

My thanks in advance!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Official Off-Topic Thread

Hi to all from the moderation team. With a fast growing community there is a massive amount of general off topic chit chat going around in this forum. So we thought it best to give all a place to have a chat. This should hopefully take some pressure off the forums, so making it a better place for us all as there should be less junk to wade through trying to find what we need.

Now with that said, this does not mean there are no rules to this thread. All of XDA rules still apply. Flaming and the belittling of other users (of any title) will not be tolerated and dealt with harshly by the moderation team. This should be a fun place for us all to have a chat and a general vent of frustrations. Any moderation issues should still be handled by PM.

Let the fun begin!
    OK Guys, i hear you. The intention was not to only shut the Indian thread. It was shut because it was not titled as a Indian availability thread more a review/specs thread that i wanted to pull all together into one place. The OP is even written as such, so its very misleading. If its misleading to me then it most certainly is to a new user. So we have two options here, either open a new properly titled thread or the original one gets edited by the OP to make it a availability thread, which is fine.

Personally at this point i think a new one would be better, with the OP written with a current availability and a proper title. This would be much more helpful for all, as wading through all the previous old posts would be tiresome.

As i said, i am working to make this forum a nice place for all users, hence the pooling of information in the sticky threads. What i dont need is PMs that some of which can come across as very pushy. I do not respond to these sort of PMs. I am not saying i dont want to hear users suggestions, they are appreciated. Just try to do it in a polite informative manner, i am more than willing to negotiate. Not saying all the PMs were pushy, just a couple, so dont be offended.

So what are your thoughts, anybody up for starting a nice informative OP for a Indian availability thread?
    All those people trying to complete their 10 posts by posting useless comments should know that this is against XDA's rules. If a mod comes to know about this, he can reset your post count to 0, and can even ban you.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=28783847

lolol.jpg
    Mod could have just changed the thread title if he wanted to. Locking the thread down was wrong.

Anyways, as there is a New similar thread now opened, alls well thats ends well.... :)

Its been settled, drop it! I have explained the reasons why it was closed. You just stirring more trouble up is not going to help your cause. My advice has not been taken and the OP of the new thread is still not up to the standard. Now i suggest you read before posting again!