Facebook build 140579

Search This thread

cgast89

Mar 14, 2013
Orlando, FL
I have a Samsung Galaxy SII and cannot get this to quit! It's not showing up in my downloads, when I try long clicking on it in my active applications it just brings me to my home page and I disabled FB (which is not showing anywhere on my phone but I'm unable to enable in Play Store). PLEASE HELP! :confused:

Reactions: g0nz0oo720

Dai323

Nov 28, 2009
Cologne Germany
www.couporando.co.uk
I have a Samsung Galaxy SII and cannot get this to quit! It's not showing up in my downloads, when I try long clicking on it in my active applications it just brings me to my home page and I disabled FB (which is not showing anywhere on my phone but I'm unable to enable in Play Store). PLEASE HELP! :confused:

I'm getting it as well, along with a bunch of people who also posted this problem today on Android Central. To fix it, long press on the notification until "app info" pops up. Go into app info, force stop it, and then clear data.

Alternatively, find the app called "downloads" in your app drawer, open it, press the "other downloads" button on the right. You should see the Facebook download with an in progress status. Tick the box next to it and then press the little trashcan icon to delete it.

Problem solved.

Edit: Probably best to do both methods, as it came back on me once after just deleting it from downloads app.

Last edited:

vdefender

Jan 5, 2009
Seattle, Wa
Thank you!! I couldn't figure out what it was either! I have Galaxy S3 with CM10.1 on it. How did this problem hit so many devices and so many ROMs at the same time!?

Phalanx7621

Jul 17, 2011
Delaware
OnePlus 8 Pro
Google Pixel 5a
If this doesn't relate to our phone (the i777) it doesn't belong here. As in an app that has nothing to do with our phone. App problems can be discussed in the apps and games section, via pm, or in the MAIN general thread not related to a specific phone model.

Dai323

Nov 28, 2009
Cologne Germany
www.couporando.co.uk
If this doesn't relate to our phone (the i777) it doesn't belong here. As in an app that has nothing to do with our phone. App problems can be discussed in the apps and games section, via pm, or in the MAIN general thread not related to a specific phone model.

Its a strange problem that affects multiple devices, and many had no idea of knowing if it affected one particular device/ROM or not. Relax.

I got it twice today on my Note 2 running a Touchwiz ROM, so it doesn't seem device dependant. FB Playstore error I would assume.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

DanDroidian

Jun 7, 2011
Phnom Penh
Have it right now on my note 2....

a2azy7ap.jpg

unemuje5.jpg

Why is this happening, and should I let it finish?

:banghead:

Dai323

Nov 28, 2009
Cologne Germany
www.couporando.co.uk
I just read online WHY this is happening: Its because Facebook has pushed an update that will allow future updates to happen OUTSIDE of the Play Store (aka silent updates).

I haven't been able to get the direct update to work so far, but The Verge confirms that it is from FB, so it is safe.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have it right now on my note 2....

a2azy7ap.jpg

unemuje5.jpg

Why is this happening, and should I let it finish?

:banghead:

Oh. My. God. You seriously can't read can you?

Sent from my Zanpakuto using Getsuga Tensho!