(V-510 GPE) - Return to Stock using Fastboot

Search This thread

schalmers

Apr 17, 2010
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 6
Hi, I would like to get a verification that the following procedure would work on the GPAD GPE V-510 to return back to Stock if ever needed. I am used to Nexus devices and using Factory images with Fastboot when needed and would like to have the same ability on the GPAD.

1st step was I made a TWRP backup when the device was pretty much stock (no root, standard recovery and kernel) and copied the files back to my PC.

Since then I have flashed custom recovery (TWRP) and Kernel (SleekAI)

Now if I enter Bootloader / Fastboot mode (Vol-Down + Power), would it be possible commands to return back to this state if for some reason TWRP recovery was no longer available and I wanted to restore back this image:

Check Tablet is visible in Fastboot mode:
fastboot devices

Restore Backups using Fastboot:

fastboot flash recovery recovery.emmc.win
fastboot flash boot boot.emmc.win
fastboot flash system system.ext4.win
fastboot flash userdata data.ext4.win
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot

Also do we need to restore / flash userdata or could we just issue the following command to format (erase) the data and it would return to its original state?

fastboot format userdata

If someone can confirm that this would work it would be appreciated, also do you think the backup images from 1 device could be used on other v-510 devices? If so I could post them and this procedure for anyone else needed to use this to return to Stock.

Thank you for your help,
Shaun

Reactions: sleekmason

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I would like to get a verification that the following procedure would work on the GPAD GPE V-510 to return back to Stock if ever needed. I am used to Nexus devices and using Factory images with Fastboot when needed and would like to have the same ability on the GPAD.

1st step was I made a TWRP backup when the device was pretty much stock (no root, standard recovery and kernel) and copied the files back to my PC.

Since then I have flashed custom recovery (TWRP) and Kernel (SleekAI)

Now if I enter Bootloader / Fastboot mode (Vol-Down + Power), would it be possible commands to return back to this state if for some reason TWRP recovery was no longer available and I wanted to restore back this image:

Check Tablet is visible in Fastboot mode:
    fastboot devices

Restore Backups using Fastboot:

fastboot flash recovery recovery.emmc.win
    fastboot flash boot boot.emmc.win
    fastboot flash system system.ext4.win
    fastboot flash userdata data.ext4.win
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot reboot

Also do we need to restore / flash userdata or could we just issue the following command to format (erase) the data and it would return to its original state?

fastboot format userdata

If someone can confirm that this would work it would be appreciated, also do you think the backup images from 1 device could be used on other v-510 devices? If so I could post them and this procedure for anyone else needed to use this to return to Stock.

Thank you for your help,
    Shaun