[APP][1.6+] Sms Replier - Need Feedback

Search This thread

saredev

Jan 8, 2013
Montreal
Hey, I recently released an app to Google Play and was wondering if you guys could help me out to test it and to give me feedback!

The app is called Sms Replier and it's a tool that can be used to send texts to people who call you while you're unable to get to your phone to answer(while you're in an exam, or playing a game of soccer, etc.). I know this idea has been done before, but I want to know whether you think it's worth it for me to keep working on it so as to add features which have not been done in any other app. Please let me know how well it performs/what things I should change about it, and please rate it on Google Play!

I am excited to get some real criticism from android users so that I can continue to make this app what I originally set out for it to be!

The app is completely free! Thank you in advance. :)

Last edited:

saredev

Jan 8, 2013
Montreal
Hey, I recently released an app to Google Play and was wondering if you guys could help me out to test it and to give me feedback!

The app is called Sms Replier(Google Play: id=sciencefair.automatictexter) and it's a tool that can be used to send texts to people who call you while you're unable to get to your phone to answer(while you're in an exam, or playing a game of soccer, etc.). I know this idea has been done before, but I want to know whether you think it's worth it for me to keep working on it so as to add features which have not been done in any other app. Please let me know how well it performs/what things I should change about it, and please rate it on Google Play!

I am excited to get some real criticism from android users so that I can continue to make this app what I originally set out for it to be!

The app is completely free and has no ads! Thank you in advance. :)

cool

thanks for the app..

You're very welcome!

oae08

Nov 5, 2012
Beirut
Hey. Can the app send sms at a specific time? For example set it to send an sms to a contact at 2pm and when the clock becomes 2pm it sends the sms. Cz I'm looking for such a feature.
Also it would be great if the above could work on whatsapp too. Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

saredev

Jan 8, 2013
Montreal
I could include that feature with relative ease, but it currently doesn't do that since I was aiming at making an app that helps you when you don't have access to your phone

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

oae08

Nov 5, 2012
Beirut
I could include that feature with relative ease, but it currently doesn't do that since I was aiming at making an app that helps you when you don't have access to your phone

Well I wouldn't have my phone at that time that's why it sends the sms for me :p
Anyways its just a thought :)

saredev

Jan 8, 2013
Montreal
True... I'll probably include that in the next version. Thanks a lot for the idea dude!

NiCk.JaY

Nov 23, 2012
Congratulations, you made it to the portal!

For the app, great work, simple and light. Will buy the donate version when it comes out, meanwhile following this thread. Cheers :beer:

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Hey. Can the app send sms at a specific time? For example set it to send an sms to a contact at 2pm and when the clock becomes 2pm it sends the sms. Cz I'm looking for such a feature.
Also it would be great if the above could work on whatsapp too. Thanks

Try SMS scheduler from the play store

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

Reactions: saredev

biohazardx9

Jan 7, 2013
Southampton
it works ace!

what would be good is to have either a widget to toggle on / off, permanent notification to enable access to the menu, or an idle / activity monitor like if phone left idle for x minutes then enable it; as soon as there's human activity then de-activate it (could be linked to the auto screen dim/off).

A very nice app, very useful for businesses. Out Of Office Reply

bigdog2k7

Jan 3, 2013
Michigan
A great start! I would also like to add some suggestions (some may be repeats).

1. Widgets that you can add to turn on and off selected notifications.
2. Auto respond based on a pre-determined schedule.
3. Auto start on startup option (for scheduled events).
4. # appears over icon to notify user how many messages were replied to while away (like mail or missed call icon).

Keep up the great work!

HTInOxM8

Jan 21, 2012
Great app :) very helpful while driving especially. Would be nice if you could add some features to even reply to text messages automatically. Something similar to auto reply feature in GoSMS.

yogeshmha

Sep 2, 2011
Mumbai
great work.

4. # appears over icon to notify user how many messages were replied to while away (like mail or missed call icon).

Keep up the great work!

as bigdog said those are very essential to complete this app.

first time i installed the app.. i was really surprised to see its simplicity :D really awesome

i would like to add some suggestions and doubts from mine sides too :D even though they may be repeated :)
some brainstorming got me to bring up these elements

1. sometimes there can just be miss calls.. you can add up timer like (send sms before ringer, on one ring, on two rings, or like if didnt pick the call at all will send an sms)

2. a status bar indicating that the sms replier with number of sms sent. [a widget would also be helpful]

3. then you can add some templates or profiles like driving, in class or let users create their profiles or templates.

4. there is one more thing that u can get access of contacts and just disconnect the unknown numbers[ofcourse getting the notification with number at our end] and donot sent them a reply in order to maintain the privacy and not let the unknown numbers know what you are upto.

5. and if i may add a option.. a counter to be set to ring if a same person is trying to call for more than two three times or in case of emergency

i will add more when it comes ... :)

saredev

Jan 8, 2013
Montreal
The difference is that you don't need to click the template to send it when you're receiving the call. It sends automatically when a missed call is recorded. Sorry to assume, but it doesn't seem like you actually tried using the app at all.

taodan

Nov 27, 2011
LineageOS
@saredev, does your app have feature that can exclude certain numbers from auto responding but they are in the contacts list. For example, notifications banks or credit card companies. These companies don't need to receive auto-response. I think you might have to check the number when it arrives whether it's a phone number or shortcode before auto-response. Or include a list of numbers from auto-response.

Last edited:
Reactions: yogeshmha

saredev

Jan 8, 2013
Montreal
it works ace!

what would be good is to have either a widget to toggle on / off, permanent notification to enable access to the menu, or an idle / activity monitor like if phone left idle for x minutes then enable it; as soon as there's human activity then de-activate it (could be linked to the auto screen dim/off).

A very nice app, very useful for businesses. Out Of Office Reply

I'm currently working on adding in a quick-toggle widget. We'll see how it turns out. Thanks a lot for the feedback! :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The app is called Sms Replier and it's a tool that can be used to send texts to people who call you while you're unable to get to your phone to answer(while you're in an exam, or playing a game of soccer, etc.). I know this idea has been done before, but I want to know whether you think it's worth it for me to keep working on it so as to add features which have not been done in any other app. Please let me know how well it performs/what things I should change about it, and please rate it on Google Play!

The app is completely free! Thank you in advance. :)

Keep up the great work!
    great work.

Keep up the great work!

as bigdog said those are very essential to complete this app.

first time i installed the app.. i was really surprised to see its simplicity :D really awesome

i would like to add some suggestions and doubts from mine sides too :D even though they may be repeated :)
    some brainstorming got me to bring up these elements

1. sometimes there can just be miss calls.. you can add up timer like (send sms before ringer, on one ring, on two rings, or like if didnt pick the call at all will send an sms)

2. a status bar indicating that the sms replier with number of sms sent. [a widget would also be helpful]

3. then you can add some templates or profiles like driving, in class or let users create their profiles or templates.

4. there is one more thing that u can get access of contacts and just disconnect the unknown numbers[ofcourse getting the notification with number at our end] and donot sent them a reply in order to maintain the privacy and not let the unknown numbers know what you are upto.

5. and if i may add a option.. a counter to be set to ring if a same person is trying to call for more than two three times or in case of emergency

i will add more when it comes ... :)
    I like it! Simple, but I would love a widget.

If you are lazy: here's a link to the download:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sciencefair.automatictexter
    @atlmtnbiker

No, root is not needed.