Search This thread

Agent Soap

Aug 26, 2011
Code:
[COLOR="Green"][SIZE="5"]                      
 '##::::##: :#######:  :'###:::::    
  .##::'##: :##....##: :'##.##:::           [/COLOR]    [COLOR="Lime"]  
  :.##'##:: :##::::##: :'##:.##::                    
  ::.###::: :##::::##' '##:::.##:     [/COLOR][COLOR="Green"]                             
  ::##.##:: :##::::##: :########:
 :##:::.##: :########: :##::::##:[/COLOR][/SIZE] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]  
[SIZE="3"] ..:::::.[/COLOR][COLOR="Navy"].:........[/COLOR]::[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]..:::::.[/COLOR].:: -->[/SIZE][SIZE="4"][I][color=#43AEE0]D[/color][color=#4597BE]E[/color][color=#47809C]V[/color][color=#4A6979]E[/color][color=#4C5258]L[/color][color=#4F3C36]O[/color][color=#4C5258]P[/color][color=#4A697A]E[/color][color=#47809C]R[/color][color=#4597BE]S[/color][/I][/SIZE][/MORECOLOR]
[QUOTE][LEFT]I decline responsibility for any damage what-so-ever
 done to your phone. As with any thing you flash, you accept any/all risk.[/LEFT][/QUOTE][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/FnlH1yl.png[/IMG]
READ FULL OP BEFORE FLASHING

AROMA SMRF Tool!

AROMA Smart Modem & Recovery Tool

v4.2.2

This tool gives it's user the ability to change between modems & recoveries:

Modems​

LJ1

LJB

LL4

MC3

MJ9

Recoveries

CWMR 6.0.4.3

DANGER!
Stock & locked? MC3
LJB UNLOCKED
FLASHING STOCK RECOVERY WILL REQUIRE YOU TO ODIN A NEW RECOVERY​

PhilZ Touch 6.07.9

TWRP 2.6.3.1

Thanks Include:
XDA
wesamothman for the orig. concept & letting me mess with his creation (Original Thread)
imnuts for being a hard working dev for the i605 & providing most of what I needed to port this!
droidstyle for meticulous threads making this port easier than the original.
garwynn for everything, never talked to him but hes so awesome I don't have to!
Dblfstr for the best TUT on Aroma
amarullz for inventing Aroma
Goo
sammobile.com for the firmware on the tar files
Sprint
Sammy
Phil3759 for his boss recovery!
Harbir For helping me with nonsensical code
Let me know if I forgot you.

An embarrassing amount of time went into this, but I learned a whole lot!

THE NEW MD5

FA6CBFA6FB448DE9072BC9E981A0B6BF

VIDEO TuT

FAQ's

Q: TWRP/CWM is giving error XYZ?
A: Update to latest recovery, redownload file & check MD5, reinstall.

Q: Why doesn't this include modem XYZ?
A: Because I felt like it.

Q: Will this work on...
A: Stop moving your lips. No, only the L900 i605

Q: I read an error in Aroma saying modem not installed, what do I do?
A: Try again, if issue presists use a diffrent modem until you can get the one you want working. Also look here.
As long as the MD5 checks out it's probably a borked script. A damn comma I bet!

Q: My question isn't in the FAQ or thread?
A: Cry about it. :silly:

MOD Q: Why did you post this here? PREPARE TO BE MOVED!
A: Hold on fair and accurate Moderator, in the rules I felt it was conveying apks and themes, & this is firmware. :cowboy:

ANOTHER WARNING!! I do not own this phone I do own the Sprint variant USE EXTREME CAUTION!
Original Thread

Last edited:

Agent Soap

Aug 26, 2011
MINE!

I don't know if this even flashes since the META-INF differs. Please test and report mileage. Let me assure that the mount points are the same on my device (l900) and the i605. Ie;
Code:
"/dev/block/mmcblk0p10"

Reuploading File Now

Last edited:

Agent Soap

Aug 26, 2011
Alright, so I conducted some risky flashing. Apologizes for the underperformance. Some really neat results occurred! I discovered that nothing wanted to work with only device specific changes, not even boot! Odd.. Furthermore, when I flashed the stock recoveries they worked! Keeping in mind this is all on my L900. I believe this MOD is fully working (now) for the i605, please test & let me know what Big Red folks think!

Reactions: chiefsfan69

chiefsfan69

May 13, 2013
Alright, so I conducted some risky flashing. Apologizes for the underperformance. Some really neat results occurred! I discovered that nothing wanted to work with only device specific changes, not even boot! Odd.. Furthermore, when I flashed the stock recoveries they worked! Keeping in mind this is all on my L900. I believe this MOD is fully working (now) for the i605, please test & let me know what Big Red folks think!

This tool is amazing. Thank you for your hard work! Bad a$$

Reactions: Agent Soap

WyoSi

Jan 26, 2012
I tried to flag the mj9 modern over my current install of PA 3.99, it didn't seem to take..
dy4ybavu.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Agent Soap

Aug 26, 2011
I tried to flag the mj9 modern over my current install of PA 3.99, it didn't seem to take..

Can you successfully flash a different modem? (with this tool) Even better, at the end of install it says installer status, what is it? (should read 0) Also in PhilZ6 or CWM one can goto advanced and show log, & report a brief description of the error back here. It would be extremely useful.

Last edited:

Agent Soap

Aug 26, 2011
Also to note, I've been reading this fourm and found that quite a few folks are having issues installing the MJ9 modem. I'm pulling a modem off Sammobile now, & will update file in OP if/when needed.

WyoSi

Jan 26, 2012
Can you successfully flash a different modem? (with this tool) Even better, at the end of install it says installer status, what is it? (should read 0) Also in PhilZ6 or CWM one can goto advanced and show log, & report a brief description of the error back here. It would be extremely useful.

Nope, tried MC3 and no dice there either. Logs won't save to my external card or post them for you

Reactions: Agent Soap

Agent Soap

Aug 26, 2011
Nope, tried MC3 and no dice there either. Logs won't save to my external card or post them for you

Either way your feedback remains helpful. Ill be able to tinker on this later today, Ill pm you with an ud if your willing to continue testing. :highfive:

Reactions: WyoSi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    [COLOR="Green"][SIZE="5"]                      
     '##::::##: :#######:  :'###:::::    
      .##::'##: :##....##: :'##.##:::           [/COLOR]    [COLOR="Lime"]  
      :.##'##:: :##::::##: :'##:.##::                    
      ::.###::: :##::::##' '##:::.##:     [/COLOR][COLOR="Green"]                             
      ::##.##:: :##::::##: :########:
     :##:::.##: :########: :##::::##:[/COLOR][/SIZE] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]  
    [SIZE="3"] ..:::::.[/COLOR][COLOR="Navy"].:........[/COLOR]::[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]..:::::.[/COLOR].:: -->[/SIZE][SIZE="4"][I][color=#43AEE0]D[/color][color=#4597BE]E[/color][color=#47809C]V[/color][color=#4A6979]E[/color][color=#4C5258]L[/color][color=#4F3C36]O[/color][color=#4C5258]P[/color][color=#4A697A]E[/color][color=#47809C]R[/color][color=#4597BE]S[/color][/I][/SIZE][/MORECOLOR]
    [QUOTE][LEFT]I decline responsibility for any damage what-so-ever
     done to your phone. As with any thing you flash, you accept any/all risk.[/LEFT][/QUOTE][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/FnlH1yl.png[/IMG]
    READ FULL OP BEFORE FLASHING

AROMA SMRF Tool!

AROMA Smart Modem & Recovery Tool

v4.2.2

This tool gives it's user the ability to change between modems & recoveries:

Modems​

LJ1

LJB

LL4

MC3

MJ9

Recoveries

CWMR 6.0.4.3

DANGER!
    Stock & locked? MC3
    LJB UNLOCKED
    FLASHING STOCK RECOVERY WILL REQUIRE YOU TO ODIN A NEW RECOVERY​

PhilZ Touch 6.07.9

TWRP 2.6.3.1

Thanks Include:
    XDA
    wesamothman for the orig. concept & letting me mess with his creation (Original Thread)
    imnuts for being a hard working dev for the i605 & providing most of what I needed to port this!
    droidstyle for meticulous threads making this port easier than the original.
    garwynn for everything, never talked to him but hes so awesome I don't have to!
    Dblfstr for the best TUT on Aroma
    amarullz for inventing Aroma
    Goo
    sammobile.com for the firmware on the tar files
    Sprint
    Sammy
    Phil3759 for his boss recovery!
    Harbir For helping me with nonsensical code
    Let me know if I forgot you.

An embarrassing amount of time went into this, but I learned a whole lot!

THE NEW MD5

FA6CBFA6FB448DE9072BC9E981A0B6BF

VIDEO TuT

FAQ's

Q: TWRP/CWM is giving error XYZ?
    A: Update to latest recovery, redownload file & check MD5, reinstall.

Q: Why doesn't this include modem XYZ?
    A: Because I felt like it.

Q: Will this work on...
    A: Stop moving your lips. No, only the L900 i605

Q: I read an error in Aroma saying modem not installed, what do I do?
    A: Try again, if issue presists use a diffrent modem until you can get the one you want working. Also look here.
    As long as the MD5 checks out it's probably a borked script. A damn comma I bet!

Q: My question isn't in the FAQ or thread?
    A: Cry about it. :silly:

MOD Q: Why did you post this here? PREPARE TO BE MOVED!
    A: Hold on fair and accurate Moderator, in the rules I felt it was conveying apks and themes, & this is firmware. :cowboy:

ANOTHER WARNING!! I do not own this phone I do own the Sprint variant USE EXTREME CAUTION!
    Original Thread
    MINE!

I don't know if this even flashes since the META-INF differs. Please test and report mileage. Let me assure that the mount points are the same on my device (l900) and the i605. Ie;
    Code:
    "/dev/block/mmcblk0p10"

Reuploading File Now

This tool is amazing. Thank you for your hard work! Bad a$$