Temp Root

Search This thread

sak211l

Nov 16, 2009
Baltimore
Has anyone tried using Taco Root for the EVO 4G to see if it can still give you Temp Root? I cannot try it since my cpu is out of commission.

luigi311

Feb 18, 2011
Has anyone tried using Taco Root for the EVO 4G to see if it can still give you Temp Root? I cannot try it since my cpu is out of commission.

By evo 4G do u mean the og evo 4g that was released a few years back when Sprint used wimax or the new one that has LTE? If wimax then it's probably not going to work because of the major differences between phone and Android versions. For the LTE I don't think it will work because of the hboot and Android version differences. As for temp rooting the phone, is there a reason u don't want to just root the phone the normal way? Currently u can S-Off and revert the phone back to complete stock. If your worried about warranty being void then it's more of a gamble with HTC. I sent my phone for camera repairs after I reverted my phone to stock and I wasn't charged for anything and I used HTC website to unlock it, there are a lot more people that have done the same on xda.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

sak211l

Nov 16, 2009
Baltimore
Yes that's the same root file. I just remember using it and on a few phones I had rooted back in my Evo days. I have don't the HTC dev unlock but someone else want to root the phone the temp way then s-off without using dev.

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app