Why.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

AnDrOpErZ

Apr 20, 2012
Charlotte
I wanna know why Devs. Criticize new devs. Creations and say all you did was build from a stock rom. That's all any dev does. No dev has actually made a rom without using the epics base except for maybe CM team. All devs do is build from stocks and add features that we can download ourselves. I'm not dissing any devs. I'm just saying stop criticizing new devs. And respect their effort. You have to start small to become big.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Coycaine

Sep 17, 2011
Reno, NV
popcorn.jpg

I got mine ready!

Reactions: jdelano

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
Its not all new devs that are criticized. What you and your team need to do is make a rom with something that is not just the exact same thing as stock with a theme and beats flashed. You need some kind of interesting features rather than just doing stock and adding a few flashable zips like beats in. Maybe you need some themers and other developers to provide features and an experience that is not already on the epic. Again, you also need to give credit in the op. Just take a bit more time on the next rom and provide something unique and everyone will get off your back. Please dont take this post the wrong way. I dont mean anything rude.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA

orlzzt

Apr 23, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
Whoa! Darkman be on a roll today! Tell us again what you think about Apple? ;)

And to Androp; you know from my posts that I am a peace-loving non-confrontational kind of guy, but your efforts so far leave people feeling uneasy. Go to the mods, get set up properly, have testers try out your work, and then post. Like Xboxfanj said, if you offer something unique or different, you will get a much better reaction. "If you build it, they will come". I think if you look through our history, you will find OG Epic to be the greatest community on XDA. And as Marcusant, Kenny and I have stated, we have standards, and we are all about following protocol.

etirkca

Apr 14, 2012
The word developer is loosely used. Changing around some preloaded apps, adding a 3rd party launcher and tweaks someone else coded, and a new theme does not make someone a developer. Maybe a modder at best.

Show me the code you hacked. Put it up on github for anyone to inspect.

There are actually only a few real developers around here. Then we also have plenty of "developers" who just compile other people's work without actually contributing any new code. I appreciate their work, but they are not developers.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: MДЯCЦSДИT

MДЯCЦSДИT

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 21, 2010
My roms do not have features you can just add yourself...... I wrote some of the speed tweaks myself. I also modded certain parts of the framework (smali, etc.). I went through and optimized every single apk and modified some libs for speed... The reason that people did not like your work was that you gave absolutely no credit and STOLE my work and renamed it for wakerom. This is not accepted here... if you came with a legitimate ROM, people would not argue.... I also code my own kernel (see my github) . My first ROM (the old marcusantrom I believe) had framework mods and actually ported some things from the nexus and added Res mods myself and made my own theme.. I always attempt to keep a good OP structure and grammar (point out mistakes if you want to). Also, after putting out a ROM, make sure you know everything about it (have your developer post the ROM).

Heck, I didn't even consider myself a developer until I did my kernel and I still did more than your 'team'.

Example of development:
github.com/marcusant
github.com/aprosamurai
github.com/bbelos
github.com/toadlife
github.com/cyanogenmod

IB4L

Last edited:

LORDFIRE00

Jan 4, 2012
PLANET EARTH
I support marcusant. U r true to the work u do, if u can give any kind of detail of the product u created to the end user without any hesitation or question.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

MДЯCЦSДИT

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 21, 2010
I was wondering why our amazing developers that I take work from criticize "development" with no effort or credit? All I did was add useless files that someone else pulled to a stock rom. That is what every developer that makes crappy touchwiz based ROM does (well, not really and they give credit). Only the Cyanogenmod team along with AOKP and related ROMs build from source. And only MIUI, CM, and AOKP don't use stock as a base. All we do is build from stocks and add features that we can download ourselves while the other developers actually take time and mod the framework and give credit. I'm not ccriticizing any devs. I'm just saying stop criticizing new devs. And respect their effort. You have to make effort in order to become big.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using a pirated xda premium

I corrected the OP, read the quote

Reactions: duce102

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
I corrected the OP, read the quote

Wow...now IB4L!

This is true about Touchwiz. All the development has been done. And thankfully all the great devs that created or ported these mods posted the code to allow a modder like myself to incorporate all those mods (if you know how to find all the code, decompile and compile). This is called cooking a ROM and not developing in anyway. This is why Marcus is a recogniSed Developer and I am a recogniZed contributor. But as I told you in a bunch of PMs credit and thanks are most important info. If you truly knew what you wete doing you would have known what mods were in the ROM and who to credit and thank. There is still a demand for properly cooked TW ROMs as 2500 downloads tell me.

Sent from my PantechP4100 using xda premium

Last edited:

nikon120

Oct 3, 2010
Really... again?

We implement mods to those games, but we studied the way of creating roms. Not every rom is gonna be perfect and not every rom is gonna work. That's why its called testing guess. Testing and feedback let's us know what we need to fix in our rom.
(Quote taken from the OP's now locked ROM thread)

If this ROM required as much testing and feedback as you allude to, then your thread title and OP should have stated that it was a work in progress/alpha/test. After reading both threads and now this one, I can honestly say I will not download nor flash a ROM by this team.

The person who is the face/mouth/typist for this modding group really needs to pass the reins to another person. Nearly every post thus far has been inaccurate at best, poorly written and reminiscent of a 12 year old on AOL back in the mid 90's.

The sad part is, none of what I typed above is an insult to said user, thus not breaking XDA rules. It's fact that has been posted on the forums these last two days.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh come on.. cant we have a peaceful Sunday ;)?
    Because your grammar and punctuation suck.
    I always attempt to keep a good OP structure and grammar (point out mistakes if you want to)

Challenge accepted.
    Its not all new devs that are criticized. What you and your team need to do is make a rom with something that is not just the exact same thing as stock with a theme and beats flashed. You need some kind of interesting features rather than just doing stock and adding a few flashable zips like beats in. Maybe you need some themers and other developers to provide features and an experience that is not already on the epic. Again, you also need to give credit in the op. Just take a bit more time on the next rom and provide something unique and everyone will get off your back. Please dont take this post the wrong way. I dont mean anything rude.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA
    My roms do not have features you can just add yourself...... I wrote some of the speed tweaks myself. I also modded certain parts of the framework (smali, etc.). I went through and optimized every single apk and modified some libs for speed... The reason that people did not like your work was that you gave absolutely no credit and STOLE my work and renamed it for wakerom. This is not accepted here... if you came with a legitimate ROM, people would not argue.... I also code my own kernel (see my github) . My first ROM (the old marcusantrom I believe) had framework mods and actually ported some things from the nexus and added Res mods myself and made my own theme.. I always attempt to keep a good OP structure and grammar (point out mistakes if you want to). Also, after putting out a ROM, make sure you know everything about it (have your developer post the ROM).

Heck, I didn't even consider myself a developer until I did my kernel and I still did more than your 'team'.

Example of development:
    github.com/marcusant
    github.com/aprosamurai
    github.com/bbelos
    github.com/toadlife
    github.com/cyanogenmod

IB4L