[Q&A/Convo] Erikmm's DarkKnight

Search This thread

sk622

Feb 12, 2010
Cleveland, Ohio
I ran the update on DarkKnight yesterday, everything you updated seemed to work out fine (thank you very much and on CM7 so thanks again ). My main interest and the single greatest usage for my device is music. I need great blue tooth sound or my 2010 Mustang GT audio system sounds horrible. I use completely uncompressed flacs which I also stream on my work phone (GNEX CDMA which was AOKP with some Axiom love and a Franco Kernel) yes I know you can't play FLAC's on Google Music...or can you ? ...:)

Anyway there is an issue which did see an improvement with your update. Someone will have to test and confirm (If CM7 rocks my car that will add some confirmation) but I see an over drive issue on the blue toot and in the headphones. I tried several music players, DSP Music FX etc and I can almost get it tweaked in and then I'll loose it and all of the detail in the music is lost. If I turn down the volume or change the gain then you have to start over. Please note that dialing the sound close and hitting the controls in the vehicle gives me about one full song of satisfaction as the settings don't seem to hold. Kind of reminds me of my Captivate sound issues. The Samsung Music player is unusable. It's pretty, it should work but it doesn't. I'm ahead of the facts but I believe that the Samsung software is the issue.

Liking CM7 ...smooth as glass!

Animosity

May 15, 2012
Do you guys still use ADW launcher on the phone? Or do you guys use another one or download an apk for ADW EX?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using xda app-developers app

Animosity

May 15, 2012
Is Holo lighter than adw battery usage wise?

chjema

Feb 8, 2012
Coeur D'alene
I cannot get minecraft PE to install. Worked before. Only thing ive seen so far. I'll keep trying.

Animosity

May 15, 2012
Do any of you guys know when this phone will get ICS? Its getting late lol

allprogrammed

Apr 13, 2012
Chicago
So just another rave about build 4.

Not a huge amount of usage, but after 1d 3h since the last charge, I'm at 65%.

I'm very impressed so far.

Beastmode

Dec 28, 2010
Los Angeles
So just another rave about build 4.

Not a huge amount of usage, but after 1d 3h since the last charge, I'm at 65%.

I'm very impressed so far.

awesome i'm glad you guys enjoy my work :D

And yea i added some more tweaks to it to fine tune it and all.

Also, good news one of my team kickass members has agreed to do a tweak package for the phone. He doesn't have it so i'll test it, it's his tweaks called lighting zap so hope to bring you all some goodies in the near future.

Lastly, I wanted to address dev work i know i rushed out of the gates fast with build4 withing hours of having phone and cm7 the next day but work won't come this fast always lol just want to prepare you all so you don't expect updates every day...i'm only one dev so it will take time but hey i got cm7 running near perfect :D

P.S. I'm releasing 2 roms tomorrow one being cm7 and the other one joyOS just so you guys have some roms to choose from. And yes i know this kind of contradicts my statement above of a lot of updates lol

Feb 7, 2012
Boston
Hey erikmm can I use dark side.super.wipe for the t989 on this phone before flashing a from.and if not is there a way u can make script like it..
P.s. build 4 working great except for an adw Fc and Titanium back up (free) won't install from market says phone is not compatible only paid one which is weird

Last edited:

Beastmode

Dec 28, 2010
Los Angeles
Hey erikkm can I use dark side.super.wipe for the t989 on this phone before flashing a from.and if not is there a way u can make script like it..
P.s. build 4 working great except for an adw Fc and Titanium back up (free) won't install from market says phone is not compatible only paid one which is weird

Adw? log?
and i would suggest not to use the t989 superwipe and my roms only require to wipe data and flash lol no need for the extra stuff anymore so i don't think it's really required. but i am working on porting aroma but again it'll all come in time :D

2vivid

Jun 21, 2012
Wichita
I'm also having an adw force close randomly. I have to restart my phone to get the icons and everything to come back. Restarting adw doesn't help at all. I'll try and get a log next time it does it. Lol

chjema

Feb 8, 2012
Coeur D'alene
The titi. Backup updated and only works for ics which is false. I think it's a bug in the play store, not with his Rom

Captivate-me

Oct 19, 2010
So I was finally able to download the update this morning. Smooth as butter so far. I have noticed a couple of quirks. 1. my phone doesn't vibrate at all when receiving a text message, even tho it's set to do so. 2. my wallpaper is stretched. Other than that so far so good. I love the toggle notifications and the keyboard. Great job!

nwskier

Jul 18, 2009
So I was finally able to download the update this morning. Smooth as butter so far. I have noticed a couple of quirks. 1. my phone doesn't vibrate at all when receiving a text message, even tho it's set to do so. 2. my wallpaper is stretched. Other than that so far so good. I love the toggle notifications and the keyboard. Great job!

The reason your phone doesn't vibrate is because the notifications in the messenger app are turned off by default. Just go into the messenger app's settings and turn them back on.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    More teaseee lol and btw bootanimation is gone well that one I'm including a placeholder for tfq :)

3yYDd.png

KpGnD.png

hlwxL.png

----------------------------------------------

If helped don't be afraid to hit the thanks button ;) it doesn't bite lol

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

Btw if you guys want to catch us (tfq) sharing ideas or what we are working on then stop by irc on our channel #teamfah-q

If you don't know how to use irc go to (webchat.freenode.net) and investigate get a nick ans join us :)

The people on there will get preview builds for our roms/kernel/mods and well learn and we can learn from you guys too :)

Lastly, rom will include 6 lockscreens still working on em but they are pretty much ready...will also include merwin's sexy kernel with sio scheduler and more governors. Rom is buttery smooth...no more lags no more nothing :p
    And I'm currently working on stock mms.apk but probably won't have that where I want it...also modifying stock browser and well since Sammy sucks on updates build8 won't be final there will be a build9 :)

Thanks to all that keep the dev thread clean and support my, our work. have a good and safe labor day weekend guys.

Release date: Monday.

lets do changelog here cus post#2 is ginormous lol i'll just link to this post :p:

build8

changelog
    Added:
    Lockscreens(6 ported from cm with gesture controls)
    TFQ Tweaks(based on whitehawkx romcontrol and lidroid's lidroidparts)
    Merwin's sexy kernel( SIO scheduler and two more governors and his modules)
    VoltageControl(open app first set it up then u can control it from settings-tfq tweaks)
    15 toggles(1 or 2 more than before? lol)
    Stock Messaging(wifi calling issue)
    Statusbar tweaks(remove clock, change 4g and 3g icons, etc..)
    Zeam Launcher(running way smooother)
    New tweaks to remove any signs of lag
    SuperSu

Tweaked:
    Browser( added useragent capabilities and removed the active windows restriction of 8)
    Messaging( I removed the pic compression issue now compresses to 1280*960 instead of 640*480 per merwin's request :p)
    Settings( to only have one line for all tweaks*TFQ Tweaks*)
    TFQ Tweaks(lockscreen settings removed in the old tfq settings)
    SystemUI( fixed the battery not removing when you changed the settings)
    android.policy.jar(for lockscreens and other tweaks)

Removed:
    Aosp mms.apk
    Holo Launcher
    Some init.d tweaks
    Some build.prop ish
    Superuser(replaced with Supersu)
    Old TFQ tweaks to replace with updated version of them :p

some more stuff but im hungry and exhausted :p

well build8 should be up in an hour or so as i jsut started uploading :p
    Guys I have build7 pretty much done but...I'm having issues with camera w/flash under 20% it works the first time but when u close it and reopen cam you get the unable to use flash because of low cam :/ I might fix it tomorrow and release build7

--------------------------------

Hey Erik I'm guessing the ics messaging app has the compression issue as well. Would I be able to copy the messaging apk from darkknight into ics?

Sent from my SGH-T769

Nope but don't worry i got a surprise for you guys for tomorrow :p

and for those in love with stock i'll make something like dknight but ICS based
    I'm not releasing any new ports because of the following reasons.
    1. Ports from s2 won't have camcorder working.
    2. I've tracked down brightness bug but haven't tested.
    3. Why release a port when we can add the mods to dknight or just release a different rom from our stock and add tthose things that way it's not glitchy.
    4. Only ports I'm considering are from source like when ics hits.
    5. I'm trying to figure out the camera issue for cm7 that way miui and joy will have camera too

Anyways guys I was up til like 4 yesterday putting some finishing touches on build8 :)