[STOCK][C69XX][4.4] Update to 14.3.A.0.681 [Root & XZDR][UPDATED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Hi,

I had already searched that and understood what to do. Apologies I wasn't detailed enough in my question but what I wanted to know was more on how to package in SU and XZDR such that it will work when flashed.

I also didn't know if a similar stripped FTF was required with such a case. I don't want to come across as a noob that didn't search but I couldn't find the details I was looking for. The vague question earlier was because I was on the move but I agree that should be an excuse.

Fair enough, the post above yours has a link to [NUT]s guide. But it cannot be done in a FTF, only a flashable zip

Reactions: desean

vk2amv

Mar 30, 2007
Ok dunno if anyone else has had this problem and I hope someone can help me.

Upgraded from 14.2.A.0.290 last night.

Noticed a big problem today.

After completing a phone call the sounds for text message, and other alerts only come from the ear speaker instead of the normal speaker at the bottom of the phone.

I reboot the phone and then sounds come from the main speaker as normal again.

But as soon as after I have made or received a phone call the message and alert sounds only come from the ear speaker again.

However the key press sounds/ticks, unlock sound, etc DO come through the main speaker correctly so it is only the alerts going to the wrong speaker.

It is very annoying as it is so quiet I cant hear any messages come in.

Has anyone had this issue, and any suggestions for a solution?

Many thanks

Reactions: lbaquerizo

QualQuek

Oct 22, 2012
Paris
Has your battery life improved? I came up from .240 to .681 (both NUT's rooted roms) yesterday, and the battery life is like...25% of what it used to be. If yours improved I'll let it be for a bit longer.

Sadly the problem is still here, battery drains extremely fast, take just some hours to discharge it, even after many days of using, same with the official stock ROM, if i reflash it with the 4.3 i don't have it, there is something wrong with the 4.4.2 ROM:eek:

sg1969

Dec 6, 2011
London, UK
Sadly the problem is still here, battery drains extremely fast, take just some hours to discharge it, even after many days of using, same with the official stock ROM, if i reflash it with the 4.3 i don't have it, there is something wrong with the 4.4.2 ROM:eek:

Battery life is perfectly fine here. 10% drained in about 5 hours, listening to music, playing games like ingress and candy crush, etc. That would give me 500 hours on a full charge, I'd say that's pretty damn good.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

QualQuek

Oct 22, 2012
Paris
Battery life is perfectly fine here. 10% drained in about 5 hours, listening to music, playing games like ingress and candy crush, etc. That would give me 500 hours on a full charge, I'd say that's pretty damn good.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I've tried to reset my phone in settings and that seems to be better, i hope that did the trick!

HotKillerZzz

Sep 12, 2012
I Did the same, downgraded right from an unrooted .681 to 4.2.2 with flashtool (exluded baseband to keep IMEI). Rooted, installed latest dual recovery then went on recovery (TWRP). Factory reset then installed NUT's .681. Power Off and flashed Stripped FTF through flashtool.

BTW i have a locked Bootloader (6906).

Not a single problem so far (camera working fine as well).
Mine is an unlocked bootloader. does unlocked bootloader cause this? I tried again, but still failed. Camera still does not work.

[NUT]

Mine is an unlocked bootloader. does unlocked bootloader cause this? I tried again, but still failed. Camera still does not work.

If you have an unlocked bootloader, then try the following:

1. Create a good backup of everything including the contents of your internal storage;
  2. Flash the FULL 681 FTF wiping everything;
  3. Boot it until you can try the camera;
  4. Flash the XZDR kernel package (2.7.101);
  5. Flash the latest SuperSU in recovery.

Done! :)

If you wish you can restore userdata afterwards, it should not break the camera when you do.

HotKillerZzz

Sep 12, 2012
If you have an unlocked bootloader, then try the following:

1. Create a good backup of everything including the contents of your internal storage;
  2. Flash the FULL 681 FTF wiping everything;
  3. Boot it until you can try the camera;
  4. Flash the XZDR kernel package (2.7.101);
  5. Flash the latest SuperSU in recovery.

Done! :)

If you wish you can restore userdata afterwards, it should not break the camera when you do.
ok. i went in to the nut xperial files site. there is one thats says xzdr and another locked dual recovery.
Which one do i download?

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

ok. i went in to the nut xperial files site. there is one thats says xzdr and another locked dual recovery.
Which one do i download?
also do you use the ftf from this site:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2469191
thanks.

mokuni

Feb 28, 2005
Perth
Wife and I, both with z1, have the sound issue i.e when I get a call sometime the sound comes out the bottom speaker, even tho not on speaker phone. Also music once plugged into headset, unplug it will always come out bottom speaker. Games that usually have sound from bottom comes out the ear piece. This is bad from Sony.

Sent from my C6903 using xda premium

[NUT]

the .681 ftf that NUT asked me to used can be downloaded from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2469191 rite?

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

wait i dun get it. if you flash a .681 ftf file, wouldnt there be no recovery for you to flash the XZDR kernel package (2.7.101)?

You need to fastboot flash the boot.img inside the zip (open with winzip, look inside tmp/, flash in flashtool), then flash the zip from any built in recovery to finalize the installation.

I used twrp to flash z1-dualrecovery-2.7.101.Zip on 681 rom with dualrecovery-2.7.100 which cause phone can't power up. Why?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Can't power-up is too vague timberwolf... please be more specific, what does it do, when does it do what ever it does and what, if anything, does still work?

Wife and I, both with z1, have the sound issue i.e when I get a call sometime the sound comes out the bottom speaker, even tho not on speaker phone. Also music once plugged into headset, unplug it will always come out bottom speaker. Games that usually have sound from bottom comes out the ear piece. This is bad from Sony.

One solution I've see pass by is to disable/remove the the Sony Smart Connect software, it seems to need an update for KK.

QualQuek

Oct 22, 2012
Paris
Thx nut, will try disable. Btw What is KK?

android-kitkat2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Requirements:

Special features:

In the following guide I suggest you use an external SDCard but that's just good practice, you can use your internal storage or even an USB OTG storage device in TWRP if you like to install, that's no problem!... If you are modding and the likes, best is to have an external sdcard, just for safeties sake.

If you are unable to download torrent files directly, have http://zbigz.com/ do it for you!

OLD DOWNLOAD ROM PATCH:
    C69XX_14.3.A.0.681.patch.zip (9.15MB)

Download, unpack, run the install.bat and follow instructions.

For anyone who runs in to issues using the patch installer, take the zip file from the files directory and try to flash that manually.

How to update to 14.3.A.0.681:
    1. Files:Save them somewhere you remember;
    2. Put 'C69XX_14.3.A.0.681.flashable.zip' on (the external) SDcard1;
    3. Put 'C69XX_14.3.A.0.681_Stripped.ftf' inside the Flashtool/firmwares folder;
    4. Create a backup of your phone in TWRP and don't forget to backup the contents of 'SDCard' (the internal storage!);
    5. Flash 'C69XX_14.3.A.0.681.flashable.zip' in TWRP;
      NOTE: do not reboot but go back to the main menu, then go to reboot->power off;
    6. Flash everything in 'C69XX_14.3.A.0.681_Stripped.ftf' using flashtool;
    7. Reboot to system.

The first boot will be slow and after some time at the boot animation you will see Android start optimizing the apps on your phone.

Enjoy! :laugh:

Want to deodex?
    Use the packages from this thread by @RHBH :good:

Known XZDualRecovery Issues:
    Busybox Updater/Installer: If you have XZDualRecovery installed, un-install any Busybox updating app/tool as most if not all of them will install a version of busybox which does not support the lzma compression applets XZDualRecovery depends on. The version installed together with XZDualRecovery is very stable and I have yet to hear anyone complain about it's stability.

How to report errors:
    Please, before shouting out "It doesn't work!!1!" or "I lost root!" or even "My phone reboots when remounting /system RW!!" try the following:
    • Restore any JB 4.2.2 FTF using any means you are familiar with so you can try again.
    • Root it using any means you are familiar with.
    • Install XZDualRecovery;
    • Update to 14.2.A.1.136;
    • Then try to update again using TWRP.
    • If it still fails something from there on: LOGS!!.
      NOTE: The important ones can be found in /cache/recovery and in /sdcard1/XZDualRecovery, pack them up and send them to me or attach them to your bug report.

Thank you :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    [STOCK][C69XX][4.4] Update to 14.3.A.0.681 [Root & XZDR][UPDATED], a ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1

Contributors
    [NUT]
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 14.2.A.0.290 or 14.2.A.1.136
    Based On: STOCK

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2014-03-26
    Beta Release Date: 2014-03-20

Created 2014-03-20
    Last Updated 2014-03-27
    FAQ & Tips and Tricks

Camera problems?
    You have 3 things to try to fix it, try them one at a time:
    1. Clear dalvik-cache only;
    2. Clear the camera app settings;
      • Do a factory reset in TWRP or PhilZ (this should keep your internal storage safe);
      • flash the ROM package again;
      • boot until you can test the camera;
      • If it works go back to recovery to restore a backup of data.

Easy switching between locked and unlocked bootloader states!
    NOTE: USE TWRP ONLY for this guide.
    NOTE 2: You NEED to have XZDualRecovery 2.7.43 or higher to make this work.
    • Create a backup, including the Trim Area (TA!)
    • Unlock your bootloader
    • Restore backup without TA
    • Create a new backup of your UNLOCKED TA
    • Restore the previous TA backup to relock your phone.

Done :good:

Now you can switch between locked and unlocked bootloaders quick and painless: no more system wipes and you can basically do whatever you want :D

How to enable init.d support:
    Open a filemanager app and navigate to the location where the XZDualRecovery folder is located and go in to it. Open XZDR.prop as a text file and set dr.initd.active to true.

NOTE: For this guide ROM it means the init.d script called 99SuperSUDaemon will kick in to action, so it's best to disable (by setting chmod 644) /system/etc/install-recovery.sh for the time being or to clear it's contents.

Done :)

Downgrading to a 4.2 ROM:
    Download C6903_14.1.G.1.534_[NUT].ftf (Bittorrent: 770MB) and flash it using FlashTool. I've also added the FTF to the downloads page on this DevDB tab, this will allow straight downloads as well.

This FTF will allow you to downgrade to .534 without loss of your IMEI :good:

Thanks to @mharckk and @MohammadAG for the workaround which contributed to the creation of this FTF.
    rom status: STABLE
    ROM PATCH: C69XX_14.3.A.0.681.patch.zip (9.15MB)

Download, unpack, run the install.bat and follow instructions.

Uploading the revised ROM packs now, including the C6906 and C6943 versions. If you already have this ROM package installed, just use the patch to fix it.
    Oh yes, I owe the C6943 and C6906 users an explanation on why I didn't release a package for you yet:

Because of the issues with the camera (which I believe to have found a solution for) and the recoveries not being able to mount the system partition writable, there is no easy way to fix the camera issue.

I've been trying to find a solution for the recovery issue, I've narrowed it down a lot but a real solution eludes me still :(

Usually I start development on the main device (the one with the biggest userbase, preferably able to speak a decent word of English) to debug issues. I was able to acquire the C6902 version and after some initial testing I deemed it safe to release. Well... I was wrong: I never tested the camera, which was a bug (note the was) my phone also experienced. I did try to enter recovery, but it never dawned on me to try mounting stuff: there was nothing to test flash on KK yet...

Lessons learned for the next update I'd say.

As soon as I manage to fix the recovery issues I will release the C6906 and C6943 version. I did not forget you. I already downloaded the FTF files but decided to wait with the release to make sure your recoveries would work from the get-go.