[Q] Cant update the pc suite

Search This thread

neoxkid

Sep 12, 2009
I have d959 and I want to check if there is a 4.4.2 for me. I tried to check but it say to update the pc suite first. when i try to update pc suite it say:
"could not verify update with the update server".
how can i get the latest version of lg pc suite?
edit: used windows restore to get pc suite to work.

Last edited:

shwnr11

Jun 26, 2014
I'm guessing you have checked your phones android version already?

Why not just check it on the phone thru settings>general>about phone>update center

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Free mobile app

e1smann

Nov 7, 2011
Berlin
I'm guessing you have checked your phones android version already?

Why not just check it on the phone thru settings>general>about phone>update center

This has nothing to do with the problem. When I want to update the PC Suite only from 5.3.16 to 5.3.17 (which was necessary to check for updates) I got the above mentioned error. But I could fix this by uninstalling the PC Suite and reinstalling it via the smartphone menu when connectiong to USB,

shwnr11

Jun 26, 2014
This has nothing to do with the problem. When I want to update the PC Suite only from 5.3.16 to 5.3.17 (which was necessary to check for updates) I got the above mentioned error. But I could fix this by uninstalling the PC Suite and reinstalling it via the smartphone menu when connectiong to USB,

The original post says they want to check if there is an update for 4.4.2, so one way to check for 4.4.2 is thru the phone.

Steph09

Feb 1, 2014

I'm ALWAYS getting the error when trying to update the PC Suite, have tried in 2 computers, I really don't know how to get it to work. Can you please tell me how you did this?? Thanks!

e1smann

Nov 7, 2011
Berlin
I was successful when I deinstalled the PC Suite and then connected my phone to the PC and when it gives you the option to install the software from the phone it downloaded the new version from the internet.

Steph09

Feb 1, 2014
I was successful when I deinstalled the PC Suite and then connected my phone to the PC and when it gives you the option to install the software from the phone it downloaded the new version from the internet.

I have the LG G3 and that option is no longer present, the one where you chose in pc connection settings "LG Software" and it installs it from the phone to the PC :( I can't figure out a way to fix it, I've tried everything.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

I have d959 and I want to check if there is a 4.4.2 for me. I tried to check but it say to update the pc suite first. when i try to update pc suite it say:
"could not verify update with the update server".
how can i get the latest version of lg pc suite?
edit: used windows restore to get pc suite to work.

Can you explain please exactly how you did it? I don't have the option to install it from the phone itself, I think this was removed in the G3. I've tried in 3 different laptops and all show the same error.

Edit: finally got it working, it was my antivirus (Bitdefender) that was being an issue. Thanks.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited: