---==={ROOT GUIDE}===--- | 1.47.651.1 ROOT method |

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Rippley05

May 11, 2010
So has anyone figured out if this will be messed up if the page gets taken down? I can't do the root tonight but it would such if its gone tomorrow

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

SharkUW

Jun 16, 2008
So has anyone figured out if this will be messed up if the page gets taken down? I can't do the root tonight but it would such if its gone tomorrow

It would be nice to know the details of what's being exploited. Worst case this could be mirrored by redirecting the domain somewhere else assuming the exploit can use wifi for that fun manipulation.

zikronix

Feb 7, 2009
permanant mirror for the files

Here

im working on capturing the site...and rehosting give me a few

Last edited:

Tundricles

Jun 14, 2010
Anyone know if this method breaks 4g,cameras or anything else yet? Also can I use the simple root method to unlock nand instead of toasts?

markdt098

Mar 11, 2009
Yeah I keep having issues with the webpage part too...do you think Adobe blocked it already?

SharkUW

Jun 16, 2008
I'm waiting for a new EVO so I could return this one.

In the mean by, I wanted to check this out so I did a OTA update to the latest...

..and then tried this method.

That URL that was posted in the step-by-step redirects to a adobe page indicating that this (EVO) browser does not support that flash. In other words, the step "5. When it asks you to, refresh the EVO browser on the same page" will not occur since I'm not on that URL but on adobe now.

Any thoughts? - I went to that site to check what my flash is..and it says I don't have flash but I obviously do. I'm on htc's homepage just looking at flash.. XD

So much for being a guinea pig

Odd, I haven't tested it, but try this. First ensure that plugins and everything is enabled for flash and js in the settings. If it was off, try again. If it was not, put "about:debug" (w/o quotes) in the address bar, no http or any of that and go back into settings. Scroll down and change the UA string to "desktop" and try again.

snoonan

Jul 6, 2010
Almost there...

Hi guys,

I'm almost there. I finished step 8 and got:

8. It should print after part2 finished:

Code:

crw-rw-rw- root root 90, 2 2010-07-05 19:37 mtd1

However, I'm not quite sure how to accomplish step #9:

9. When your phone finished booting, flash toastcfh's mtd-eng.img to misc:

Code:

cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
chmod 755 /data/flash_image
/data/flash_image misc /sdcard/mtd-eng.img

I assume that the "cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image" should be ran from within an ADB shell? I tried but got:

Code:

$ cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
cannot create /data/flash_image: permission denied
$

Would someone be kind enough to point out what newbie mistake I made and how to proceed?

Thanks so much in advance,

--
Sean.

kthejoker20

Jun 18, 2008
Kenosha
Hi guys,

Code:

Code:

I assume that the "cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image" should be ran from within an ADB shell? I tried but got:

Code:

$

Would someone be kind enough to point out what newbie mistake I made and how to proceed?

--
Sean.

Mount the sd card from adb

enormous

Feb 17, 2008
D.C. Area
Hi guys,

Code:

Code:

Code:

$

--
Sean.
Should be
Code:
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/local/flash_image
chmod 755 /data/local/flash_image
/data/local/flash_image misc /sdcard/mtd-eng.img
no?

seankent4uf

Nov 9, 2009
Atlanta
Yes, go into adb shell first, then try typing "su" without quotes. If you get to "#" (root) you are money! From there:

- Type "mount" and press Enter.
- Look for a line that includes the word /system. On that line, look at the part that says /dev/block/mtdblockN, where N is a digit. That is the partition that your system lives on.
- Type "mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblockN /system", substituting the digit you saw in the previous step for N.
- Now your system is mounted read/write and you can make changes. You should now be able to repeat step 9.

Last edited:

shawnathan9

Jun 27, 2010
San Leandro
That didn't work.

Odd, I haven't tested it, but try this. First ensure that plugins and everything is enabled for flash and js in the settings. If it was off, try again. If it was not, put "about:debug" (w/o quotes) in the address bar, no http or any of that and go back into settings. Scroll down and change the UA string to "desktop" and try again.

I went to the address bar and typed " about:debug " pressed menu and navigated to the settings. Scrolled to the bottom and selected " UA " and changed to desktop.

I typed in the address and tried again. - Same page "macromedia.com/support......

message "This content requires Flash".

For the guy who got to step 8, what did that page look like to you? - I checked it on my desktop browser and it says its a broken URL.

-shift-

Jun 29, 2010
i can't even get past the refresh the page and reboot your phone using adb reboot. am i going to be prompted to refresh the page?.. is there something i'm missing?

snoonan

Jul 6, 2010
Yep, /data/local/, not /data/. But I cut-n-pasted, so orignal was like that. Easy enough. Thanks!

D

devin.slick

Same here. Are we to be prompted when to refresh the page?
I've repeated the process about 5 times, thinking I'm missing something...

Status
Not open for further replies.