[APP] WIFI Remote Access 7

Search This thread

link8506

Jan 20, 2007
Toulon
www.julien-manici.com
Version 0.9.0 beta (2010/12/19)

http://www.julien-manici.com/windows_phone_7/wifi_remote_access_7/

This version of WIFI Remote Access 7 will expire on 2010/12/24.

WIFI Remote Access 7 is the Windows Phone 7 version of WIFI Remote Access, a HTTP/FTP server designed for Windows Mobile 6.X that allowed users to take complete control of their device using their web browser, through a WIFI connection.

Unfortunately, since applications on WP7 are sandboxed, you won't find features such as Remote Control or Text Messaging in the WP7 version :(
Also, because of the sandboxing model enforced in WP7, WIFI Remote Access has no access to private data such as your pictures, musics, and other apps data.

However, it is possible to copy your personal pictures manually to the application Storage so that you can access them using this app.
To do so, click on the "Copy a picture to Storage" button on the application main screen, and it will be copied to the Picture folder.
(you can only select 1 picture at a time because of a WP7 API limitation, so you will have to repeat the operation for every picture you want to get access to! sorry).

wifi_remote_access_7_small.jpg

I am aware that this WP7 version is much less useful than the old WM6.X version. I will try my best to add other features, but don't expect Remote Control or Text Messaging to come back in the WP7 version.
Also, you may not be able to use this app in the future if Microsoft publishes an update for WP7 that breaks Chevron WP7 sideloading utility.
You also won't find this app in the Marketplace (because it uses native code, which is not allowed to developers like me).

Installation:
To install this application, your device must be "Developer unlocked", or unlocked with Chevron WP7 (search on the well known "XDA Developers" forum to get this tool).
You must use the Windows Phone 7 SDK Application Deployment tool to install the .XAP file to your device.

Known issues:
-You can't change the password in this beta version
(just click on Connect without typing a password when the login page is displayed)
-FTP server doesn't work yet in this beta version.
-Folders can't be renamed.
-Pictures are slow to load because they are not "thumbnailed" yet.
-The user interface is ugly ^^

Reactions: Et3rnal

thesecondsfade

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
Could you possibly make a similar program but able to access over USB? I only have a wired connection at work so I can't use WiFi Remote Access.

I'm still trying to find a USB Mass Storage solution that doesn't need Zune installed on the PC. I'm not allowed to have Zune on my PC so I'm not able to utilize the registry hack that I can at home.

psycho45

Dec 5, 2010
This app looks very interesting is there a new beta online, cause the current beta has already expired.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Version 0.9.0 beta (2010/12/19)

http://www.julien-manici.com/windows_phone_7/wifi_remote_access_7/

This version of WIFI Remote Access 7 will expire on 2010/12/24.

WIFI Remote Access 7 is the Windows Phone 7 version of WIFI Remote Access, a HTTP/FTP server designed for Windows Mobile 6.X that allowed users to take complete control of their device using their web browser, through a WIFI connection.

Unfortunately, since applications on WP7 are sandboxed, you won't find features such as Remote Control or Text Messaging in the WP7 version :(
    Also, because of the sandboxing model enforced in WP7, WIFI Remote Access has no access to private data such as your pictures, musics, and other apps data.

However, it is possible to copy your personal pictures manually to the application Storage so that you can access them using this app.
    To do so, click on the "Copy a picture to Storage" button on the application main screen, and it will be copied to the Picture folder.
    (you can only select 1 picture at a time because of a WP7 API limitation, so you will have to repeat the operation for every picture you want to get access to! sorry).

wifi_remote_access_7_small.jpg

I am aware that this WP7 version is much less useful than the old WM6.X version. I will try my best to add other features, but don't expect Remote Control or Text Messaging to come back in the WP7 version.
    Also, you may not be able to use this app in the future if Microsoft publishes an update for WP7 that breaks Chevron WP7 sideloading utility.
    You also won't find this app in the Marketplace (because it uses native code, which is not allowed to developers like me).

Installation:
    To install this application, your device must be "Developer unlocked", or unlocked with Chevron WP7 (search on the well known "XDA Developers" forum to get this tool).
    You must use the Windows Phone 7 SDK Application Deployment tool to install the .XAP file to your device.

Known issues:
    -You can't change the password in this beta version
    (just click on Connect without typing a password when the login page is displayed)
    -FTP server doesn't work yet in this beta version.
    -Folders can't be renamed.
    -Pictures are slow to load because they are not "thumbnailed" yet.
    -The user interface is ugly ^^