[Please] How to Root MSI Enjoy 7 ?

Search This thread

aedwards3

Jul 3, 2009
Apps Removed

Yes I removed all the bloatware (skype, anprint, FREE HD Games etc.) EXCEPT adaptxt. Only reason was because I preferred it over the stock android as it has larger keys.

I am going to make a new thread now with a HOWTO root your windpad 7 and 10. I will also add an update.img for both the windpad 7 and 10 with just root added and another with all bloatware removed (including adaptxt).

I will post the link shortly.

Apps Removed:

Adaptxt(d)(e)_f_And(2.3)_pro_dutnl_MSI_v1_4.apk
Adaptxt(d)(e)_f_And(2.3)_pro_freca_MSI_v1_4.apk
Adaptxt(d)(e)_f_And(2.3)_pro_frefr_MSI_v1_4.apk
Adaptxt(d)(e)_f_And(2.3)_pro_gerde_MSI_v1_4.apk
Adaptxt(d)(e)_f_And(2.3)_pro_itait_MSI_v1_4.apk
Adaptxt(d)(e)_f_And(2.3)_pro_rusru_MSI_v1_4.apk
Adaptxt(d)(e)_f_And(2.3)_pro_spaes_MSI_v1_4.apk
Adaptxt(d)(e)_f_And(2.3)_pro_spamx_MSI_v1_4.apk
Adaptxt(d)(e)_f_And(2.3)_pro_turtr_MSI_v1_4.apk
AnPrint3.1.apk
Asphalt5_MSI_N0Y1_ML_IGP_-MSI_Tnb_MP_MS_GLLive_105.apk
ASTRO_2_5_3-85-yd.apk
BooksProvider.apk
DungeonHunter_MSI_N0Y1_ML_IGP_MSI_Full_GLLive_109.apk
Explorer.apk
flashplayer
Free_HD_Games_MSI_N0Y1_Widget_EN_FVGL_TS_100.apk
Fuugo_TYR_PID101_FA130_noexpire.apk
HeroOfSparta_MSI_N0Y1_ML_IGP_MSI_Global_GLLive_100.apk
kickback.apk
PassionQuickOffice.apk
PowerDVD-PDA110613_02-2.0.2549.apk
RkApkinstaller_0710.apk
RKEBookReader.apk
signed_YouTube2.3.apk
Skype.apk
soundback.apk
SoundHound-Freemium-MSI-release.apk
Street.apk
talkback.apk
TimeSync.apk
yozooffice_1719_MSI.apk

rjalbuna

Oct 4, 2010
alternate link pls...

sir, can you provide other link aside from skydrive... i can't access..(unable to log-in)...
pls??

Reactions: fbayat

aedwards3

Jul 3, 2009
Not For Windpad Enjoy 7

Hi all, last post before creating my new thread on these devices.

My update.img file is ONLY for the Windpad Enjoy 10" DO NOT install on your 7" (you won't get brick but it won't work as the resolution is incorrect and essentially you will have a semi brick).

I will be reuploading this ROM to mediafire soon to let more people download. Keep watching this thread and I will link to the new thread soon.

r3load3d_AU

Mar 11, 2012
Thanks a lot mate. I'm downloading the Enjoy 10 firmware now :D

Is it possible to upgrade the tablet with a custom ICS ROM?

goldiecalypso

Jan 30, 2012
anybody knows how to remove NAND lock from our devices? i.e to rewrite new fonts or something like that in \system folder

dop2010

Feb 18, 2010
Canberra
doptrix.com
I got reply from MSI support about USB drivers:

Please download the driver from below website.

http://event.msi.com/nb/enjoy/enjoy7.html#?div=Driver

After downloading the driver from the link,please extract the driver.Then please go to device manager,and find the driver.Right click the driver-->update driver-->yes,this time only-->install from the list or specific location-->include this location in the search and find the location of the usb driver-->next.Then it will start to install the new driver.After few seconds later,it informs you that the driver has been installed successfully.Then please go to device manager and double confirm whether the driver has been installed properly.If not,please reinstall the driver according to above steps.Then please have a try.Thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Successful Root

I have successfully rooted my MSI Windpad Enjoy 10. I will write up a HOWTO for all you Windpad 7" users soon, however all the Enjoy 10 users can benefit from my rooted firmware. Note: all 3rd party apps (except for google apps) are removed except the keyboard (as I found this to be easier to use than the stock android keyboard). English languages only.

Update.img file here:

First Part:
    skydrive.live.com/?cid=8e9970a4a7b5568e&id=8E9970A4A7B5568E%21193

Second Part:
    skydrive.live.com/?cid=8e9970a4a7b5568e&id=8E9970A4A7B5568E%21194

You will need 7zip to extract this file. Simply copy the update.img to your msi windpad and when you disconnect your device from your computer it will start the firmware update.

NO SPECIAL DRIVER NEEDED.
    ROM Uploaded for both MSI Windpad Enjoy 7 and 10

Hey guys check out my new thread. It has a ROOTed stock ROM with bloatware removed for both the 7" and 10"

showthread.php?t=1540616
    The MAN!!!

you're the man!

however, can you assist low techQ (techno quotient) guys like me to understand it? haha... im such a loser...haha

honestly Im really lost!!! haha..
    but nice job!! keep it up!!! im really dying to root this device!!!
    Managed to get some adb drivers working in windows 7 (64bit) Just modified the inf that comes with the official android sdk and added this under [Google.NTx86]. I just noticed I forgot to copy the same lines under [Google.NTamd64] and it still worked.

;
    ;WindPad Enjoy 7
    %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1462&PID_10B9&MI_01
    %CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1462&PID_10B9&REV_0222&MI_01

It installed. In device manager it comes under SAMSUNG Android Phone. Maybe because I had Samsung Kies already installed on this pc. It lists as Android Composite ADB Interface.

Once installed I opened command prompt
    and typed

echo 0x1462 >> "%USERPROFILE%\.android\adb_usb.ini"

Then typed

adb kill-server
    adb start-server
    adb devices

It then displays under list of devices attached
    WindPad Enjoy 7 Device.

Thats as far as Ive got so far.....
    Root Possible

Hey guys. This tablet is actually a rock pad rk29xx clone. If you search how to root this type of device it is possible. The reason that all the one click root apps don't work is because this device uses cramfs which is read only. I have successfully modified my rom and removed most of the bloatware included in the stock rom. I've also added su and super user to /system however I'm not able to test this as I'm out right now. I will post a how to when I get home.