• Blue

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Red

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Cyan

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread
hell yea brother, next release for both s3/s4 will be rockin the green one!
These are badass.
Thanks so much again wolf!

You got something in the works? If so, lemme know. I'll be more than willing to test. Still rocking the ol' s3 as media, but chilling on BS3.4.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

If I've helped, please hit the thanks button

Nomad1600

Jul 18, 2012
Wolfballz... I know I am a dolt for not knowing... I hosed my phone trying to get a smartwatch synched and had to restore a really old Nan that didn't have the new boot animation. I am trying to download the cyan pulsing again. The file sharing web site is tricking me since I don't seem to be ale to figure out which download button to hit and it seems to be trying to get me to sign up for something. Can you help me get to the right download zip? Sorry I am so stoopid today (hating life recovering from my smartwatch misadventure). Thanks in advance!

wolfballz

Jul 11, 2012
San Diego. CA
Google Pixel 6 Pro
@Nomad1600,

No worries. Theres a black download button on the page (see attached screenshot). It shouldnt be asking you to join anything. I just downloaded it and it worked fine. If you try again and have a problem let me know and I will upload to my dropbox and pm you a link to it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388518468649.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388518468649.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Nomad1600

Jul 18, 2012
@Nomad1600,

No worries. Theres a black download button on the page (see attached screenshot). It shouldnt be asking you to join anything. I just downloaded it and it worked fine. If you try again and have a problem let me know and I will upload to my dropbox and pm you a link to it.

Awesome. That was too easy (once I redownloaded Root Browser to make the rename, move, and permission changes easy). Many thanks... the phone is back to its beautiful self.

Reactions: wolfballz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ***LINKS ARE FIXED***

Decided to make a thread for my boot animations for the Bonestock ROM by AndyBones.
    Have to give thanks to @andybones (for a kickass ROM) and @gadget! (for the images). Also thanks to my friend Mike for a couple Photoshop pointers.

Below are all the boot animations I have created so far. Need some more ideas and color options!
    Currently working on animating the skull.
    The pulsing glow animations look better on the phone than they do on here. Apparently the pulsing preview images dont pulse if you are looking at them on tap a talk.

These are tested on both the S3 and S4 (Pre 4.3).

***S3 users are good to go flashing which ever animation you like. S4 users, if you are on a pre 4.3 BoneStock ROM you are good to go. If on the latest 4.3 BoneStock ROM these are not working. I am going to be finding a solution soon. S4 users on a pre 4.3 ROM will also need to download and flash the file in the S4boot folder in my link (if you have already flashed this just download whichever animation you want and flash it).***

***One link will now take you to all the animations.***

Install instructions:
    1. Download animation of your choice
    2. Move animation you downloaded to /system/media folder. It will probably ask you to replace the existing one. You can do so if you want or before moving new animation add .bak to end of original one.
    3. Set permissions of new animation to rw-r--r--
    4. Reboot

******DOWNLOAD ANIMATIONS HERE!******

Static Wood Grain (still wood grain)
    axvk.jpg

Pulsing Pink Glow (Requested)(pink glow pulsates around image, preview gif flashes a little faster than actual boot animation)
    te95.gif

Pulsing Orange Glow (Requested)(orange glow pulsates around image, preview gif flashes a little faster than actual boot animation)
    bz6c.gif

Static Orange Glow (still image with orange glow)
    lvc.png

Pulsing Purple Glow (purple glow pulsates around image, preview gif flashes faster than actual boot animation)
    8bs3.gif

Static Purple Glow (still image with purple glow)
    vlcc.png

Pulsing Cyan Glow (Requested) (cyan glow pulsates around image)
    yer.gif

Static Cyan Glow (still image with cyan glow)
    613g.png

Pulsing Blue Glow (Requested) (blue glow pulsates around image)
    2fi.gif

Static Blue Glow (still image with blue glow)
    y21a.png

Pulsing Red Glow (Requested) (red glow pulsates around image)
    t2e.gif

Static Red Glow (still image with red glow)
    2we7.png

Pulsing Green Glow (green glow pulsates around image)
    cfm.gif

Static Green Glow (still image with green glow)
    v86g.png

Original Fading (Image fades in and out, fades in and out a little slower on phone)
    we7.gif
    Orange boot ani available in OP
    Man it would be awesome if you could make the skulls jaw move like it was laughing

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Something like that is in the works but is going to take a while. Keep an eye out for it in the future.
    After many attempts and failures over several days, I just got the boot animation running on my ME7 SafeStrap enabled (- thanks HASHCODE!) S4 in slot 2.

I had a real D'oh! moment getting it to work. I downloaded "BonestockBootanimation.zip" no less than five times (and failed on install 5 times) and I finally had time this evening to do a thorough check as to why the installs were failing and I noticed that each of the downloads was only 29 KB! The actual zip is 6, 147, 089 bytes and should come across as 5.86 MB or 6,004KB when viewed in Windows Explorer. In case anyone cares the MD5 hash code for the zip file is: MD5: 4dbb27c7b3b1a3378d18f68681a00e43. Also, an odd coincidence, maybe, but each of the failed downloads was directly to my phone over 4G (with no complaints from the download application). The download (and subsequent install) that was successful was via cable MODEM at home and transfer to phone via USB.

It was worth it. Thank you, Gadget, and thank you wolfballz!

Now I patiently await the resized version from wolfballz.

While on the subject, how about a Bonestock wallpaper?

Thanks again all of you for making this possible!

Sometimes certain browsers on the phone will download it as a html file for some reason i think. Chrome usually downloads them fine. Glad you got it working and i got a few resized but not as many as i liked over the weekend. Any of the ones that currently have an -S4- link are resized. I should have all of them by tomorrow afternoon.
    Wolfballz, first off, many thanks for making and offering these up. One of the few things I didn't like (and admittedly, its a small thing) about BoneStock was the Nexus boot animation ("huh? why Nexus?") so getting to replace that is awesome. I especially like the pulsating animations.

I must not be doing it correctly though, since I am not showing the newly downloaded boot animation. At first, I wasn't getting any change, but I realized I wasn't setting the permissions correctly. But even after changing permissions to RW-R-R I am still not getting the correct boot animation. Weirdly enough, instead I am getting a generic blue Android one (similar to the one from my HP TouchPad running a 10.1 ROM called OaT 10.1).

here's the steps I have been doing:
    1. Downloading the Boot animation file from here. It goes to SD card/downloads.
    2. Since it is downloading with a (1) after the file name, I rename it to bootanimation.zip (and it asks me if I want to write over existing one... yes)
    3. I use Root Explorer to move the file to system/media, it asks if I want to replace existing one, I say yes.
    4. I use Root Explorer to confirm the permissions (RW-R-R).
    5. I reboot.

I've tried a few times... keep getting the generic boot animation after the Samsung name, then it goes into BoneStock. I also tried downloading a different boot animation, but same result.

I know it must be a step I am doing or not doing... can you point where I am going wrong? Especially confused since it somehow downloaded a different animation. Thanks in advance!

What kernel are you using? If I remember correctly some kernels don't support custom boot animations but i may be wrong. You mentioned that when you download the animation you get a (1) after it. Usually that means you have another file named bootanimation.zip in your download folder. I would start by deleting any bootanimation.zip file in your download folder then re-download one from above. Then go into your /system/media folder and add .bak to end of the current bootanimation.zip in there then copy new one from download folder and paste into /system/media and set permissions. Then boot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot. If that doesnt get it going for you then i'm not sure. You could also try fixing permissions in recovery also. Let me know how it goes and then we can look into it more.