[Kernel] [.38.8] intersectRaven's Kernel (AVS/CAVS)01/08/2011 22:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

surdeep20

Feb 18, 2010
Wifi not working!!

Hi i flashed the kernel but my iwifi was on.. so now after i booted up my wifi isnt working anymore. How can i fix this??
Thanks

nergrum

Oct 24, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Holy crap, intersectRaven!

Using your latest January release kernel for GB CM7.2, my N1 is running better than most of my friends BRAND new phones.

Thank you so much!!!

Deliamber

May 26, 2010
Portland, OR
Similar experience here. Been running CM7 since 7.1 RC1, but never ventured into other kernels.

Was debating between this and Tiamat 4.1.0, and decided on this one as it was more recently updated.

Flashed 2.6.38.8_AVS-CM7_CFS_20120112_1433.zip this morning, and things seem noticeably snappier. Booting in particular is much faster than with stock CM kernel. Running in conjunction with CKZTools 1.4.4 (OnDemand/Conservative) and it's working really well so far.

Thanks, intersectRaven! (and yes, I hit Thanks on the OP :) )

Last edited:

cpm

Jan 12, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I've tried all the various kernels over the years and my two favourites are from Tiamat and IntersectRaven.

Both help performance yet help save battery.

I suggest you use IR kernel for a week or so then try Tiamat after that and compare using your own personal usage.

Sent from my Nexus One using xda app-developers app

topgeardave

Aug 5, 2011
Could you port the kernel over for the HTC Desire to use on cm 7.2?

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app

Syntax323

Jun 29, 2010
Would someone mind giving me a quick walk-through here?

I used to crack flash CM nightlies. Haven't really flashed anything in awhile, and i've never changed kernals, just used whatever came with the rom I was using.

Though, i've been extremely annoyed lately by the in call volume and a few other issues, and this kernal was recommended to me many time, my many differen't people.

My current version i'm using is CyanogenMod-7-11152011-NIGHTLY-N1

Doesn't really seem correct though... I didn't flash that last year... flashed it a few months ago, from rom manager when Nightlies started popping up again.

Compatible, or do I need to update the rom first? If I don't need to, i'd prefer not too.

Now, can I just flash it as update.zip through recovery? I keep seeing stuff about wifi drivers, but i'm not really interested in reading through 600 pages... take too long!

If I can just flash it with update.zip, which one do I need to download. I go to the link, and their is a million links to downloads. 0_o

Sorry I feel pretty dumb about this, but don't want to brick it, if that's even possible with a kernal?

Thank you all! Any help would be much appreciated, because I really can't hear much of anything in call, and I just want to experiment with kernals, starting with this one! :)

EDIT: Oh, and what is CAV and AVS, and CFS, and noboost cfs? Which one am I looking to get for my N1?

Last edited:

Deliamber

May 26, 2010
Portland, OR
Would someone mind giving me a quick walk-through here?

I used to crack flash CM nightlies. Haven't really flashed anything in awhile, and i've never changed kernals, just used whatever came with the rom I was using.

Though, i've been extremely annoyed lately by the in call volume and a few other issues, and this kernal was recommended to me many time, my many differen't people.

My current version i'm using is CyanogenMod-7-11152011-NIGHTLY-N1

Doesn't really seem correct though... I didn't flash that last year... flashed it a few months ago, from rom manager when Nightlies started popping up again.

Compatible, or do I need to update the rom first? If I don't need to, i'd prefer not too.

No need I don't think, but if I were you I'd upgrade to the CM 7.2 stable release first instead of hanging out on an old nightly. It's likely you can just flash it over your existing ROM (maybe wipe cache and Dalvik too afterwards) and be fine. But as always, do a full nandroid backup first just in case something goes wrong!

Now, can I just flash it as update.zip through recovery? I keep seeing stuff about wifi drivers, but i'm not really interested in reading through 600 pages... take too long!

According to the first post, you're fine just flashing the ZIP from recovery. This is what I did. Looks like the wifi stuff is only if you're using the zImage method.

If I can just flash it with update.zip, which one do I need to download. I go to the link, and their is a million links to downloads. 0_o
There are many versions available, but I'd just go with the latest one from Jan 12, 2012 here:
http://intersectraven.euroskank.com/kernels/Nexus One/2.6.38.8/20120112_14XX/

You'll see there are many builds in that folder. You can ignore all the "CM6" ones since you're using CM7.

Sorry I feel pretty dumb about this, but don't want to brick it, if that's even possible with a kernal?
I don't think you can hard brick by flashing a kernel, from what I understand. You could probably screw up your current ROM, but I think worst case you'd just have to wipe everything from recovery and re-flash CM7. As always, make sure to do a full nandroid backup first if you're not willing to lose everything. All that said, just flashing the ZIP worked fine for me (using 4EXT recovery).

Thank you all! Any help would be much appreciated, because I really can't hear much of anything in call, and I just want to experiment with kernals, starting with this one! :)

EDIT: Oh, and what is CAV and AVS, and CFS, and noboost cfs? Which one am I looking to get for my N1?

Just a bit of searching, even straight from Google (not to mention the forums), can reveal these. Try to put in just a bit of effort! You'll likely learn a lot in the process too. ;)

AVS / CAVS - (Customizable) Adaptive Voltage Scaling (really, this one's explained in the first post, near the top even!)
CFS - Completely Fair Scheduler (some kernels have builds using other schedulers, most often BFS, but it looks like all of IR's latest builds are CFS.)
NOBOOST - Means the build doesn't include the in-call audio boost feature

I went with 2.6.38.8_AVS-CM7_CFS_20120112_1433.zip, since I *did* want the audio boost (works great, BTW) but didn't care about customizing the voltage table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AVS Kernels updated. :)
    AVS Kernels released! :)
    dropped from 100% to 78% in 24h its pretty impressive... :eek:

bty, what is "NETWORK TUNING" :confused:

From previous replied i found only enable the script by option 1 then 6 to save. what else I should do?

I don't have SS4N1 in front of me, I will take you through some settings from my head alone, so please excuse me if some info may be off. You're a smart guy, you'll figure it.
    So; You've flashed the CAVS kernel and SS4N1. Reboot, start Terminal Emulator.
    Type

su
    sscfg

Look for the Load presets menu option. Go there, load a preset. I started with Moderate. Go back to main menu. Press 2 to display current settings, then press 1. It will show you the current preset. All features will have 1 if enabled. SS4N1 should have the 1 flag as well, meaning it's enabled.
    From there, I press Enter to go back to main menu. In main menu I press 4 to customize settings. Press 1 to Enable/Disable features. I disable the Dewonkifier and Network tuning.
    Press Enter and go back to the Customize settings page.
    I enter 2 to customize the AWAKE mode.
    Press 1 to customize the power governor. It will ask you for the governor you want when AWAKE, I enter 3 if I recall correctly, that's on-demand. Interactive is also very good, even more responsive but eats the battery faster. I go with On-demand, it's very good for me.
    It will then ask you for the Min-Max operating frequencies when the phone is AWAKE. I go with the stock, 128000 for min, 998400 for max.
    It will ask you for the Up-threshold, I enter 90 so the CPU will wait on the lower frequency until it's used 90% before ramping to a higher frequency. Good for battery and trust me, the phone is snappy.
    Press Enter and you will be back to customize the AWAKE mode. I choose the 2nd option, UV Min-Max when AWAKE. For me, I've noticed my phone would consume the battery faster if undervolted. So, I press 2 to configure the UV when AWAKE. I set Min @ 0, Max @ 0. When done, it will show you the tweaked voltage table.
    Press Enter and go back to the Customize settings page.
    Press 3 to customize the SLEEP mode.
    Choose 1 and change the SLEEP Power governor to Conservative.
    Min freq 128000
    Max freq 384000
    Up-threshold: 98
    I go back to configure the SLEEP mode, choose the 2nd option to change UV options, I again choose Min and Max 0.
    I go back to the main menu, press 5 to save settings to SD card using the 1 option.
    I go back to main menu and finally Apply the settings.
    Exit Terminal, the settings apply on the fly, but I reboot for good measure.
    Have fun!

PS. I was using SetCPU before SS4N1, I now have SetCPU but it's not enabled (no set on boot ticked), no profiles defined. i do all the tweaking from SS4N1, I just monitor with SetCPU. Why use SetCPU when thanks to fine users here we can enjoy a great kernel and a great GUI to configure it? BTW, thanks ch33kybutt for SS4N1 and IR for the kernel!
    I have the same questions, I just haven't searched thru the old posts yet.

Noboost, cfs, wififast or advantages of AVS vs CAVS?

NoBoost -> restored the volume levels of stock kernel
    CFS -> ignore since I only release CFS nowadays
    WiFiFast -> make WiFi stay awake while display is off; useful for WiFi calling app
    AVS -> voltage settings are set at known stable (majority) levels
    CAVS -> voltage settings are set same as undervolted SVS kernels (like CM) but can be altered using script or through terminal
    Fixed kernels are up. :)