VidTrim - Video editor for Android

Search This thread

neoMJ

Sep 18, 2007
vidtrim.blogspot.com
Updating the supported devices list:

- Samsung Galaxy S
- Samsung Captivate (Assonance 5.0 with JK4 and xcal's 2.2)
- HTC Aria (CM6_6.1.1 ROM)
- HTC Desire (LeeDroid 2.2f ROM)
- HTC Desire (Stock ROM)
- HTC Desire (Oxygen RC4 ROM)
- HTC MyTouch 4G
- Motorola Milestone
- HTC Evo 4G (FC at first, but works fine later. Can somebody check with logcat and send it??)
- HTC Evo 4G (Myns RLS 4 Rom, Ziggy beta CFS 12/19 kernel)
- HTC Evo 4G (Latest MIUI ROM)
- Nexus One
- Xperia X10
- HTC HD2 (CM6.1.1 HD2ONE ROM, works but there are problems with thumbnails in Video Browser. Seems like a problem of the ROM)
- HTC HD2 (MDJ's Gingerbread ROM (v.1.0 RC5), no problems with thumbnails)
- HTC G2 (CM 6.1.1 ROM)
- HTC Droid Eris (KaosFroyo v39 ROM)
- Motorola Droid 1 (CM 6.2.0 RC0 ROM)
- Motorola Droid 1 (Bugless Beast ROM)
- Nook Color (Rooted with auto-nooter)
- HTC Desire HD (Build 1.72.405.3)
- HTC Desire HD (Stock 2.2.1 ROM, blue lines over the video in 3gp HD videos recorded on device, but works for lower resolution files.)
- Motorola Droid X (Rubix Focused 1.9.5 ROM)

Devices-ROM pairs with known problems:
- Droid X (Stock ROM, trimming works. But video does not show, only sound plays. Can somebody send a screenshot and logcat messages?)

neoMJ

Sep 18, 2007
vidtrim.blogspot.com
Testing on HTC G2 with the Virtuous v0.8.1 Sense ROM doesn't work. Tried a .3gp video and a .mp4 video, both have the blue flashy lines mentioned elsewhere. Using the free version from the market.

That's a strange bug occuring on some devices. Can you post a Screenshot?

Also, are the blue lines occuring on the original video files or the trimmed ones?
If it does not happen on original files, but happens for the trimmed ones, can you send an original short clip to vidtrim@goseet.com?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

hamagc

Nov 8, 2009
So Cal
lg optimus s, stock rom, rooted.

downloaded free version from market and seems to be working just fine. looking forward to updates!! thanks!

Reactions: neoMJ

the orange bandit

Apr 6, 2010
Texas
www.rickycadden.com
That's a strange bug occuring on some devices. Can you post a Screenshot?

Also, are the blue lines occuring on the original video files or the trimmed ones?
If it does not happen on original files, but happens for the trimmed ones, can you send an original short clip to vidtrim@gmail.com?

Thanks for your help!

The blue lines show up as soon as I click on a thumbnail to start editing. The editing screen looks normal for a split second, and then I get the blue lines.

I can't seem to take a screenshot with ShootMe, the editing area is black. Ill take a photo with my digicam when I get home tonite.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

uvz

Feb 15, 2007
Milano
Dell Streak

works very well in my streak running froyo 2.2 (dj steve 1.5.1) :)

thank you very much;)

constellanation

Jan 7, 2009
First and foremost, THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS! this is functionality that has been missing for way to long.

now about the app

trip original does not seem to work on my nexus one with cyan 6.1, however save as new clip does.

and I'm not sure where you are in development, but it needs better pause/play functionality to help with picking a spot.

and if I could add one feature request, could you please, please add a way to rotate videos? I regularly forget and film videos sideways.

again, thank you. If you get this cleaned up, I will definitely pay for this!!!

Lothaen

Jun 4, 2010
plus.google.com
excellent stuff - i had a video the other day that i wanted to trim a second off the end and ended up copying it to the pc, then converting it, then trimming - and after all that - the quality went rubbish...!

will be trying this later!

edit: ouch - 9MB install... my poor desire - hoping that app2sd might be supported in a future version so i can keep it installed rather than installing when required :)

ante0

Dec 28, 2009
Stockholm
It works on Desire Z. Some videos are corrupted though (They play but are half black, half purple.). Some longer ones only shows 0:00:00, but displays the correct time when you open the vid.

neoMJ

Sep 18, 2007
vidtrim.blogspot.com
It works on Desire Z. Some videos are corrupted though (They play but are half black, half purple.). Some longer ones only shows 0:00:00, but displays the correct time when you open the vid.

If Video Chooser shows 0 length for the videos try running a scan by pressing on Menu button, then refresh. The application only displays what Android MediaStore api reports.

If you can send me a pic of the corrupted video play problem I'll try to fix it. Still couldn't find a clue why that happens on some devices.

Maybe its a layout problem that can be fixed easily.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

shaeflan

Jun 21, 2007
It works on my stock Droid X running 2.2. What I did notice is that the clip will only play audio and no video if you attempt playback in portrait mode. If you switch it to landscape it works flawlessly. Thanks for the great app.

ante0

Dec 28, 2009
Stockholm
If Video Chooser shows 0 length for the videos try running a scan by pressing on Menu button, then refresh. The application only displays what Android MediaStore api reports.

If you can send me a pic of the corrupted video play problem I'll try to fix it. Still couldn't find a clue why that happens on some devices.

Maybe its a layout problem that can be fixed easily.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Scan worked for the shorter videos. But not for the longer ones (about 24 mins long).

anyhow, here's a video with the bug, as no screenshot program would actually take a screenshot of the video itself I had to record it with my other camera. lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO9iPIYu0b8

Icebluemale30

Mar 4, 2008
Brooklyn
Droid 2 Guinea Pig Stepping Up!!

Works Great on
AVI= little time delay (could be my video)
MPEG-4= Great
FLV= Great
MKV= Great
MP4= Great
WMV= Great
3Gp= Great
Sorry that's all the files formats i have but hey this app is great !
great works guys :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For Translation to other languages please go to:
    https://crowdin.com/project/vidtrim

I have developed a simple video editor for Android called VidTrim. It's available on the Android market for free.

It has been downloaded over 10 000 times, but there are still some devices that the application does not work.

The thing is that, each Android device manufacturer uses their own encoding format. It's generally H264 but somehow it's different and the application cannot handle all of them.

I only have one Android Device, Samsung Galaxy S, and I can only test on that. So I opened this thread to ask for help from people with different devices.

If the application is not working for you, I would greatly appreciate it if you can send me a short video clip taken on your device. You can send them to vidtrim@goseet.com.

Please add your device model and Android version it uses. (If it's a custom Rom, I would appreciate if you specify that too).

If the application works for you, then there's no need to send me the clip, you can just post a message here to tell that it works on your device, like "It works on HTC Eris, Android 2.2 etc..."

Thanks for your help.
    Supported devices list:

- Samsung Galaxy S
    - Samsung Captivate (Assonance 5.0 with JK4 and xcal's 2.2)
    - HTC Aria (CM6_6.1.1 ROM)
    - HTC Desire (LeeDroid 2.2f ROM)
    - HTC Desire (Stock ROM)
    - HTC Desire (Oxygen RC4 ROM)
    - HTC MyTouch 4G
    - Motorola Milestone
    - HTC Evo 4G (FC at first, but works fine later. Can somebody check with logcat and send it??)
    - HTC Evo 4G (Myns RLS 4 Rom, Ziggy beta CFS 12/19 kernel)
    - HTC Evo 4G (Latest MIUI ROM)
    - Nexus One
    - Xperia X10
    - Xperia X8
    - HTC HD2 (CM6.1.1 HD2ONE ROM, works but there are problems with thumbnails in Video Browser. Seems like a problem of the ROM)
    - HTC HD2 (MDJ's Gingerbread ROM (v.1.0 RC5), no problems with thumbnails)
    - HTC G2 (CM 6.1.1 ROM)
    - HTC Droid Eris (KaosFroyo v39 ROM)
    - Motorola Droid 1 (CM 6.2.0 RC0 ROM)
    - Motorola Droid 1 (Bugless Beast ROM)
    - Motorola Droid 2
    - Nook Color (Rooted with auto-nooter)
    - HTC Desire HD (Build 1.72.405.3)
    - HTC Desire HD (Stock 2.2.1 ROM, blue lines over the video in 3gp HD videos recorded on device, but works for lower resolution files.)
    - Motorola Droid X (Rubix Focused 1.9.5 ROM)
    - LG Optimus S (Stock ROM, rooted)
    - Nexus S
    - Dell Streak (DJ Steve 1.5.1 Froyo ROM)

Devices-ROM pairs with known problems:
    (These problems are mostly identified to be orientation/layout problems. Users report that landscape mode works, but in portrait mode the video playback is corrupted)

- Droid X (Stock ROM, Works in landscape mode, portrait mode has video playback problem)
    - HTC Desire Z (Works in landscape mode, portrait mode has video playback problem)
    - HTC G2 (Virtuous v0.8.1 Sense ROM, strange problem with blue lines on video. Should work in landscape mode)

Video formats that are tested (Thanks to Icebluemale30 for detailed tests):
    (WARNING: These are supported only if your phone supports playing them at the first place!):

- AVI= little time delay (could be my video)
    - MPEG-4= Great
    - FLV= Great
    - MKV= Great
    - MP4= Great
    - WMV= Great
    - 3Gp= Great
    it works on my htc aria running froyo cm6_6.1.1 rom from attn1

Thanks...

Surfy89 said:
    Can you post a direct link to the *.apk, as I don't have internet connection on my mobile at the moment?

The APK:
    http://www.goseet.com/vidtrim/VidTrim-1.0.2.apk
    lg optimus s, stock rom, rooted.

downloaded free version from market and seems to be working just fine. looking forward to updates!! thanks!
    Work fine in Xperia X8