TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
GB9.jpg
GB10.jpg

GB11.jpg
GB8.jpg

Notification widgets are part of widgetsoid and not theme

Special thanks to Vertumus for allowing me to use his battery % icons in my theme.
His Samsung theme can be found here: Gingerbread SPECIAL EDITION

What it does is make the theme as close to stock as possible.
(All the HDPI icons are a straight rip from the Nexus 1's rom and the MDPI icons are from the Android 2.3 emulator image)

The theme is made of up 4 parts:
    • Main Gingerbread theme
    • Theme with optional battery % icons (HDPI only)
  1. Stock app icons
  2. Clock with AM/PM Removed and white clock mod
  3. Stock Android fonts [Only required for Streakmod]

Install Instructions:
  • Flash framework or framework+batt for main theme
  • Optional: flash icons for stock GB icons
  • Optional: flash clock to remove AM/PM indicator
  • Optional: flash fonts for stock fonts

Changelog:
  • Sep 11, 2011: Minor update to theme, updated clock mod to Stock 360
  • Sep 11, 2011: Updated base apks to Stock 360
  • Sep 9, 2011: Removed carrier text from statusbar
  • Aug 19, 2011: Updated install script
  • Aug 14, 2011: Updated clock mod to work on all dpis
  • Aug 1, 2011: Updated email icons
  • Aug 1, 2011: Slimmed theme and added locales
  • Jul 30, 2011: Updated MDPI with assets from GB emulator image
  • Jul 29, 2011: Added black popup menu to theme
  • Jul 26, 2011: Added clock mod
  • Jul 25, 2011: Added missing phone icon
  • Jul 25, 2011: Added Icon mod
  • Jul 15, 2011: Updated sound icon
  • Jul 14, 2011: Initial release

Main theme and stock icon mod compatable roms:
  • Streakdroid 1.9.1
  • Simplestreak 1.2 (Likely, untested)
  • NeCoroiD b58
  • Playdoh 1.0 (Likely, untested)
  • Stock 351 (Requires clock mod) (Likely, untested)
  • Stock 354 (Requires clock mod)
  • Stock 360 (Requires clock mod)

Clock mod compatable roms:
  • Streakdroid 1.9.1 [354 Based]
  • Simplestreak 1.2 [354 Based] (Likely, untested)
  • Playdoh 1.0 [354 Based] (Likely, untested)
  • Stock 351 (Likely, untested)
  • Stock 354 (Likely, untested)
  • Stock 360

Notes:
  • First boot after flashing may take several minutes, any reboots afterwards will be much quicker
  • Battery % icons only work in HDPI mode (DPI of 200 or greater). They will NOT work on the default dpi of 160.

Known inconsistancies:
  • None

Download Mirror:
(Please use the attached files instead of the mirror if you can so I can keep track of downloads and to put less stress on DJ_Steve's servers)

• Vertumus for his battery % icons
  • xanthinealkaloid/JsChiSurf for finding a better clock mod
  • s0niqu3 for writing the actual code for the clock mod

Reposted from the streak5 theme subforum, if you wish to leave comments, press the ">" in the header bar of the quote box.

The main theme itself should work on venue 3xx roms, but the clock will likely NOT work and I do not intend to make a clock port to any roms.

There's guides to make a clock mod on the streak 5 section, the directions would be identical for the venue too if anyone was inclined to port it.

changkho1908

Dec 21, 2011
Brisbane
Reposted from the streak5 theme subforum, if you wish to leave comments, press the ">" in the header bar of the quote box.

The main theme itself should work on venue 3xx roms, but the clock will likely NOT work and I do not intend to make a clock port to any roms.

There's guides to make a clock mod on the streak 5 section, the directions would be identical for the venue too if anyone was inclined to port it.

i installed "Main + Baterry" with CWM, but my venue can not boot :( my venue'rom is 2.3.3 408

crainz

Jan 7, 2012
Hi TheManii

Is it possible for you to make a nice theme like this for the 4xx/GBRom .Since most of us here have the 4xx rom...

Thanks

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
It's a port of the GB rom, you cant exactly port it's own theme back to itself

impaxion

Mar 17, 2012
clock color

awesome theme but i'm having the problem that my clock is not visible.. either it is in black color on black notification bar or it is not there..

playya

Jan 12, 2007
Florida
Question - I am just trying to remove the am/pm from my rom and make that edit myself in the services.jar file. If possible can you tell me which smali file did you edit... Thanks in Advance

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
Code:
.method private final updateClock()V
    .registers 7

.prologue
    .line 736
    iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mCalendar:Ljava/util/Calendar;

invoke-static {}, Ljava/lang/System;->currentTimeMillis()J

move-result-wide v1

invoke-virtual {v0, v1, v2}, Ljava/util/Calendar;->setTimeInMillis(J)V

.line 737
    iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mClockData:Lcom/android/server/status/IconData;

iget-object v1, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mContext:Landroid/content/Context;

invoke-static {v1}, Landroid/text/format/DateFormat;->getTimeFormat(Landroid/content/Context;)Ljava/text/DateFormat;

move-result-object v1

iget-object v2, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mCalendar:Ljava/util/Calendar;

invoke-virtual {v2}, Ljava/util/Calendar;->getTime()Ljava/util/Date;

move-result-object v2

invoke-virtual {v1, v2}, Ljava/text/DateFormat;->format(Ljava/util/Date;)Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v1

const-string v4, " PM"

const-string v5, ""

invoke-virtual {v1, v4, v5}, Ljava/lang/String;->replace(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;Ljava/lang/CharSequence;)Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v1

const-string v4, " AM"

const-string v5, ""

invoke-virtual {v1, v4, v5}, Ljava/lang/String;->replace(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;Ljava/lang/CharSequence;)Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v1

iput-object v1, v0, Lcom/android/server/status/IconData;->text:Ljava/lang/CharSequence;

.line 738
    iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mService:Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarService;

iget-object v1, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mClockIcon:Landroid/os/IBinder;

iget-object v2, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mClockData:Lcom/android/server/status/IconData;

const/4 v3, 0x0

invoke-virtual {v0, v1, v2, v3}, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarService;->updateIcon(Landroid/os/IBinder;Lcom/android/server/status/IconData;Lcom/android/server/status/NotificationData;)V

.line 739
    return-void
.end method
in services.jar/clock\com\android\server\status\statusbaricon.smali

I assume you understand how to baksmali and diff it, the AM and PM should be whatever chars your lang uses for AM and PM (if your lang does not use AM PM). It's not the proper way to do it, I never bothered finding out how GB roms do it properly.

playya

Jan 12, 2007
Florida
Code:
.method private final updateClock()V
    .registers 7

.prologue
    .line 736
    iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mCalendar:Ljava/util/Calendar;

invoke-static {}, Ljava/lang/System;->currentTimeMillis()J

move-result-wide v1

invoke-virtual {v0, v1, v2}, Ljava/util/Calendar;->setTimeInMillis(J)V

.line 737
    iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mClockData:Lcom/android/server/status/IconData;

iget-object v1, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mContext:Landroid/content/Context;

invoke-static {v1}, Landroid/text/format/DateFormat;->getTimeFormat(Landroid/content/Context;)Ljava/text/DateFormat;

move-result-object v1

iget-object v2, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mCalendar:Ljava/util/Calendar;

invoke-virtual {v2}, Ljava/util/Calendar;->getTime()Ljava/util/Date;

move-result-object v2

invoke-virtual {v1, v2}, Ljava/text/DateFormat;->format(Ljava/util/Date;)Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v1

const-string v4, " PM"

const-string v5, ""

move-result-object v1

const-string v4, " AM"

const-string v5, ""

move-result-object v1

iput-object v1, v0, Lcom/android/server/status/IconData;->text:Ljava/lang/CharSequence;

.line 738
    iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mService:Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarService;

iget-object v1, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mClockIcon:Landroid/os/IBinder;

iget-object v2, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mClockData:Lcom/android/server/status/IconData;

const/4 v3, 0x0

invoke-virtual {v0, v1, v2, v3}, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarService;->updateIcon(Landroid/os/IBinder;Lcom/android/server/status/IconData;Lcom/android/server/status/NotificationData;)V

.line 739
    return-void
.end method
in services.jar/clock\com\android\server\status\statusbaricon.smali

I assume you understand how to baksmali and diff it, the AM and PM should be whatever chars your lang uses for AM and PM (if your lang does not use AM PM). It's not the proper way to do it, I never bothered finding out how GB roms do it properly.

Yea if this is for Froyo then its a no go I have been sniffing around this code for a minute and I know its in the services.jar file but can not find the AM/PM indicators anywhere. Thanks for your assistance though... Just to clarify this is the Froyo method right

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
That code is directly from a Streak 5 360 rom, the base should be nearly identical for all V roms (assuming you're in fact talking about a V)

Code:
    const-string v4, " PM"

const-string v5, ""

move-result-object v1

const-string v4, " AM"

const-string v5, ""

move-result-object v..
is the main functional part of the mod, but I havnt touched it in nearly a year so my memory of the specifics isnt very good

Reactions: playya

playya

Jan 12, 2007
Florida
That code is directly from a Streak 5 360 rom, the base should be nearly identical for all V roms (assuming you're in fact talking about a V)

Code:
    const-string v4, " PM"

const-string v5, ""

move-result-object v1

const-string v4, " AM"

const-string v5, ""

move-result-object v..
is the main functional part of the mod, but I havnt touched it in nearly a year so my memory of the specifics isnt very good

Trying to do the mod for a Gingerbread based phone - Galaxy 2 actually and I was just mulling around looking for the fix and thought I might asked you to see if you had knowledge of it. The services files are definitely different at closer look but was hoping for some more insight... Like I said thanks anyway and sorry if I wasted any of your time

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
If you're on a GB rom already I dont believe that'll help, you'll need to figure out what code was removed/disabled then, as GB natively includes the ability to remove the AM/PM indicators.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GB9.jpg
    GB10.jpg

GB11.jpg
    GB8.jpg

Notification widgets are part of widgetsoid and not theme

Special thanks to Vertumus for allowing me to use his battery % icons in my theme.
    His Samsung theme can be found here: Gingerbread SPECIAL EDITION

What it does is make the theme as close to stock as possible.
    (All the HDPI icons are a straight rip from the Nexus 1's rom and the MDPI icons are from the Android 2.3 emulator image)

The theme is made of up 4 parts:
      • Main Gingerbread theme
      • Theme with optional battery % icons (HDPI only)
    1. Stock app icons
    2. Clock with AM/PM Removed and white clock mod
    3. Stock Android fonts [Only required for Streakmod]

Install Instructions:
    • Flash framework or framework+batt for main theme
    • Optional: flash icons for stock GB icons
    • Optional: flash clock to remove AM/PM indicator
    • Optional: flash fonts for stock fonts

Changelog:
    • Sep 11, 2011: Minor update to theme, updated clock mod to Stock 360
    • Sep 11, 2011: Updated base apks to Stock 360
    • Sep 9, 2011: Removed carrier text from statusbar
    • Aug 19, 2011: Updated install script
    • Aug 14, 2011: Updated clock mod to work on all dpis
    • Aug 1, 2011: Updated email icons
    • Aug 1, 2011: Slimmed theme and added locales
    • Jul 30, 2011: Updated MDPI with assets from GB emulator image
    • Jul 29, 2011: Added black popup menu to theme
    • Jul 26, 2011: Added clock mod
    • Jul 25, 2011: Added missing phone icon
    • Jul 25, 2011: Added Icon mod
    • Jul 15, 2011: Updated sound icon
    • Jul 14, 2011: Initial release

Main theme and stock icon mod compatable roms:
    • Streakdroid 1.9.1
    • Simplestreak 1.2 (Likely, untested)
    • NeCoroiD b58
    • Playdoh 1.0 (Likely, untested)
    • Stock 351 (Requires clock mod) (Likely, untested)
    • Stock 354 (Requires clock mod)
    • Stock 360 (Requires clock mod)

Clock mod compatable roms:
    • Streakdroid 1.9.1 [354 Based]
    • Simplestreak 1.2 [354 Based] (Likely, untested)
    • Playdoh 1.0 [354 Based] (Likely, untested)
    • Stock 351 (Likely, untested)
    • Stock 354 (Likely, untested)
    • Stock 360

Notes:
    • First boot after flashing may take several minutes, any reboots afterwards will be much quicker
    • Battery % icons only work in HDPI mode (DPI of 200 or greater). They will NOT work on the default dpi of 160.

Known inconsistancies:
    • None

Download Mirror:
    (Please use the attached files instead of the mirror if you can so I can keep track of downloads and to put less stress on DJ_Steve's servers)

• Vertumus for his battery % icons
    • xanthinealkaloid/JsChiSurf for finding a better clock mod
    • s0niqu3 for writing the actual code for the clock mod

It's not compatable with 4xx/GB roms

Code:
        const-string v4, " PM"

const-string v5, ""

move-result-object v1

const-string v4, " AM"

const-string v5, ""

move-result-object v..