[Q] Nexus 4 - 4.4 to 4.4.2 issues

Search This thread

AsadP2013

Jun 20, 2013
London
Hey fellow members :p

I need some help updating my Nexus 4 (ROOTED) with Clockwork Mod Touch Recovery.
I am not a newbie so i'll understand most of what anyone will require me to do but CWM will give me a status 7 error
My phone is stably working on 4.4 at the moment.

"framework/odex has unexpected contents"
somewhere in the update.zip

I'm going from 4.4 -> 4.4.2: occam KOT49H from KRT16S

source - Android Police for the Link. (outsiders can't post links)

The size is 52mb - I have a system notification update that won't go away for 4.4.2 but it sends me to CWM where it will keep failing and giving me status 7.
ADB says it can't sideload since it needs android-info.txt (if that helps for this problem too)

If anyone can help, much appreciated.

-Asad

ChavitoArg

Aug 13, 2011
You need stock recovery in order to flash the OTA update

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 mediante Tapatalk

RASTAVIPER

May 2, 2011
Just flash system.img file from factory 4.4 rom and then be sure to flash the 4.4.2 through latest TWRP recovery.

Unleashed by my Nexus 4

Sep 17, 2013
I know how to fix this. :D please give a thanks mah first reply ever

1) download wugsfresh nexus root toolkit
2) there will be an option on the right flash stock plus unroot ..choose that optin
3) then it will ask you which android os you wanna flash then choose 4.4.2(latest as of now)
3) it will download and flash it and its done and it won show status seven and services framework has unexpected contents
4) :D make a backup before doing so

Reactions: AsadP2013

zarica

Sep 1, 2013

2) there will be an option on the right flash stock plus unroot ..choose that optin
3) then it will ask you which android os you wanna flash then choose 4.4.2(latest as of now)
3) it will download and flash it and its done and it won show status seven and services framework has unexpected contents

I'd rather download factory img of 4.4.2 and flash-all.bat. Backups always necessary.

Reactions: AsadP2013

bonpd19

Apr 15, 2013
Manipal
You need stock recovery to flash the OTA, but you will lose the root. You might try "Rootkeeper".

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'd rather download factory img of 4.4.2 and flash-all.bat. Backups always necessary.