Moto X models comparison

Search This thread

xonix240719mu

Hi... I'm from Singapore where the LTE bands are 3 & 7

As stated on the Moto X Wiki page, XT1058 supports GSM: 850/900/1900/2100 & LTE: 2/4/5/7/17

Am I right to say that if one unlocks bootloader for AT&T model and flash Roger's Moto X rom, the LTE will be usable in Singapore ? :confused:

bugsy

Jun 29, 2005
One other clarification is that the t-mobile version is also available in 32GB.

mmikeee

Jan 31, 2012
Make sure you enter the proper apn information or it'll stay on 3G

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
question, are you able to make calls and text with 4g lte on if you use your tmobile sim with your vzw moto x? I'm thinking about getting a vzw moto x since I'm on vzw but I want to try out tmobile's $30 prepaid service. I heard people were having issues with not being able to place calls/roam the internet/text while being on the phone or not being able to place calls while on 4g (okay if they're on hspa though) thanks!

toiin3ron

Jan 22, 2011
The bootloader XT1053 Nextel (Mexico) is now unlockable, I will try to figure out which bands used my current carrier does not have LTE

crkeith65

Jul 27, 2012
My model not listed

My model XT1049 through c spire is not listed. I would like to know the info all I can get about mine. I will check wiki.

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
The CDMA Developer Edition listed on Moto's web site appears to only be the Verizon Developer Edition. On the sheet does not include a model. Its XT1060 just like the retail/moto maker X.

I also see that LTE Band 4 support needs to be added to the Verizon X and the CDMA Developer Edition. (LTE band 4 was added with the Kit Kat update, and its also listed in the specs on Verizon's web site)

The Verizon XT1060 is listed as 16gig. Its now available as 16 and 32gig.

ghstudio

Dec 7, 2013
One has to wonder if any moto-x can work on any LTE band....with the right software. I wonder if I could take my verizon dev edition phone, load the ATT software and it would become exactly like an ATT (branded) phone. It certainly would make manufacturing sense if the hardware were identical in all phones and the only difference was the software load.

Anyone know the truth on this??

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
One has to wonder if any moto-x can work on any LTE band....with the right software. I wonder if I could take my verizon dev edition phone, load the ATT software and it would become exactly like an ATT (branded) phone. It certainly would make manufacturing sense if the hardware were identical in all phones and the only difference was the software load.

Antenna need to be tuned to the appropriate frequencies, and the TX/RX chips have to support the frequencies.

But the iPhone 5S and 5C support many HSPA and LTE bands, so anything is possible.

Steve-x

Sep 28, 2013
Langley, BC

The hardware is different between the actual phones models - XT1053, XT1058 etc. If it was the same they would get only a single FCC approval and just enable the bands needed by the carrier/model. On the various tear down shots of the phones you can see various chips added/removed on the different models to support different bands and protocols.

Reactions: Axilarry

ghstudio

Dec 7, 2013
The hardware is different between the actual phones models - XT1053, XT1058 etc. If it was the same they would get only a single FCC approval and just enable the bands needed by the carrier/model. On the various tear down shots of the phones you can see various chips added/removed on the different models to support different bands and protocols.

I don't think I have access to the tear down shots. It still seems a strange manufacturing decision because the cost of the chips is almost nothing (granted every penny counts). My personal interest is the LTE bands....and whether the verizon dev edition really has more LTE bands available, just not enabled (or perhaps they even are enabled, but no one would know because Verizon doesn't support them :) Not looking for different frequencies..quad band is good enough for me....

Reactions: Axilarry

Vandyyy

Dec 16, 2013
Omaha
I don't think I have access to the tear down shots. It still seems a strange manufacturing decision because the cost of the chips is almost nothing (granted every penny counts). My personal interest is the LTE bands....and whether the verizon dev edition really has more LTE bands available, just not enabled (or perhaps they even are enabled, but no one would know because Verizon doesn't support them :) Not looking for different frequencies..quad band is good enough for me....

I'll get screenshots tomorrow if needed (TMo doesn't officially have Omaha as an LTE network), but my CDMA Dev Ed picks up their band 4 LTE when I have their APN settings (and their SIM, obv) in.

mk1129

Aug 14, 2013
If only Moto X could have a tool like Nexus 5 field test, we might know if any band was disabled, e.g. band 41 and could be enabled.

jniklast

Nov 14, 2013

The cost of the chips is not the primary problem, but rather the limited space available. So far there aren't any universal chips for all used LTE bands so they would need multiple chips to achieve that. Add to that the antennas needed for the various frequencies and multiple power amplifieres and it's quite a lot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The attached table summarizes the specs of different models. I think this should be sticky
    Very interesting. Looking to pick one of these up from rogers and use it on telus. Wondering if Telus has band 7 lte 2600Mhz. Or is that JUST rogers? Im hearing that buying from rogers and sim unlocking will only get hspa+ on Telus. Anyone confirm or have a clear answer on that?

Telus does not have any band 7 LTE, however they do have band 4 LTE (AWS band) and it works great with a Rogers/Fido Moto X that has been unlocked(8 bucks). I have two in front me to prove it works!
    Very interesting. Looking to pick one of these up from rogers and use it on telus. Wondering if Telus has band 7 lte 2600Mhz. Or is that JUST rogers? Im hearing that buying from rogers and sim unlocking will only get hspa+ on Telus. Anyone confirm or have a clear answer on that?

I understand that rogers has band 4, 7 & 10 for LTE, I'm running the at&t 4.4 firmware on my rogers moto. I'll confirm if I do receive LTE with speed test
    Confirmed LTE works download speed 58 MB/s.
    As for telus, I can't tell but I do see chatr as available under mobile networks same for bell and telus
    Sent on my Moto X