Bionic on tmobile

Search This thread

fragulina

Apr 23, 2012
This works...voice and data with no other modifications required on T-Mobile.
Its EDGE only data because the MDM6600 radio chipset does not support AWS bands for Tmo's HSPA.

Pretty amazing!! ;)

How did you setup the APN for T-Mobile? I have an apns-config.xml done for my carrier however when I put it on /system/etc the process com.android.phone starts to FC and never come back...

parin11

Nov 17, 2009
Kolkata
Where do i Find
VRZ_XT875_5.9.904.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01
can Some one Upload the Links for all req files

leobg

Mar 7, 2006
Holly smokes! Time to see if I can get a D4 at a decent price! And no SIM unlock required - very exciting!!

jimmydafish

Nov 10, 2007
I have all the files myself but nowhere to upload to...

I have a private server with private access you could pm me and I can send you a username and password, then it could be seeded via torrent.

---------- Post added at 06:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

This is a pic of the Bionic using both Tmo and ATT using this hack. The pics are from TeamBlackHat using this seem edit.

proofoflife.jpg

The directions were added to the image. The original directions can be found on page 2 of this thread.

brandogg

Jul 27, 2008
Which bands does the radio support when you have it on GSM? Just wondering if it would be worth doing this when I upgrade, since AT&T phones typically go for more than Verizon around here.

djxspike

Mar 8, 2009
Rainbow City, AL
benpike.net
This works...voice and data with no other modifications required on T-Mobile.
Its EDGE only data because the MDM6600 radio chipset does not support AWS bands for Tmo's HSPA.

Pretty amazing!! ;)

It's worth noting that T-Mobile is swapping their frequencies around so over the next year or so it will work with T-Mobile's UMTS (3G) and HSPA+ data.

This also means pretty much ANY AT&T UMTS/HSPA capable device (yes including the iPhone and iPad) will work on T-Mobile's UMTS & HSPA.

dewhashish

Jan 29, 2012
few questions:

1) can i easily switch between LTE/CDMA to GSM and get on a network
2) do i need an activated SIM for AT&T or T-Mobile for this to work?
3) if no the 2, is it free?

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

i forgot to add, can i hotswap the SIM cards or do i have to shut off the phone every time?

jimmydafish

Nov 10, 2007
few questions:

1) can i easily switch between LTE/CDMA to GSM and get on a network
2) do i need an activated SIM for AT&T or T-Mobile for this to work?
3) if no the 2, is it free?

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

i forgot to add, can i hotswap the SIM cards or do i have to shut off the phone every time?

1) Yes, just put a vzw/att/tmo sim in the device it will swap for you.
2) You do not need an activated sim to perform the seem edit but obviously you need one if you want to use that service.
3) You must pay for the sim/service.

the sim cards are not hot swappable.

Last edited:

dewhashish

Jan 29, 2012
i put my friend's T-Mobile card in my Droid 4 after i followed all of the steps, does it take a while to go from no service to some service?

Q9Nap

Feb 13, 2009
Would it be possible for a similar NV edit to enable a 4g gsm moto device to use vzw's network?

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I doubt it but we aren't sure about anything yet. So far, testing on both razr and d4 has failed.

But on the Razr with ATT iPhone microSIM installed it shows Verizon Wireless and LTE for network!

We are confused about these results obviously, and may need to change or add bytes to the string for other devices. There are many variables to isolate and it will take a little time.

Right now it works seamlessly on Bionic.

Reactions: Q9Nap

blackmage13

Apr 25, 2012
International?

Any idea if this will work on international GSM networks? I'm going to Germany in a couple of weeks and would love it if my bionic (not currently activated) would work there, even if I have to get a local sim card and buy a small data plan while I'm there.

Top Liked Posts