Zte score..

Search This thread
No luck - hangs on

Folks were asking in this thread about the processor. I have some details on that: It's a 600 MHz processor (ARMv6-compatible) Min freq:320Mhz BogoMIPS:600. Architecture:6TEJ armv6l (or 6I?)

i know these posts are over a month old, but just incase anyone is still having a problem rooting this phone, a friend of mine brought hers over, complained how slow it was and how there was ABSOLUTELY NO memory left internally. i took a look at it, the system rom takes up like 96% of the system mem. so of course she wanted me to "work my magic" on it. i rooted it in 45 seconds using superoneclick v2.3.3, no problems at all. so if anyone is still looking for an easy root method, try superoneclick with the version that corresponds to the version of android on your score (superoneclick v2.2 if youre running froyo, 2.3 for gingerbread, 2.3.1 for 1st gb update, 2.3.2 for the second, etc., etc..

Thanks for sharing. I'm finding superoneclick hangs at "Starting ADB Server."

I have a ZTE Score X500 too, and tried to root it with superoneclick v2.3.3. Mine is running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), in particular Android 2.3.4.

Already tried/checked:
My exploits folder is not empty - I had my AV put back the exploit.

I ran superoneclick on a PC running Windows 7 with the drivers installed. I tried it with and without debug mode enabled - both many times. USB disk mode OFF... It hangs at "Starting ADB Server" every time.

Any ideas on what I might want to try next? If I can browse the filesystem over USB, that means the drivers are installed properly, right?

Why do I want to root? I really want to be able to run a full backup (e.g. with Titanium Backup) - not just of my apps. I also want to be able to tweak the settings so I can install some apps that it can run but the store won't let me d/l because they're (not really) incompatible. Also, I've had the "NO memory left" problem beltsnspoons mentions and for me, resetting the phone and reinstalling my apps was the fix that worked, so I want to be able to do so again, when needed, without having to re-enter all my settings, accounts, screens, etc.

Last edited:
Still struggling.

Any ideas on what I might want to try next? If I can browse the filesystem over USB, that means the drivers are installed properly, right?
  • Just to clarify: I can browse the filesystem over USB if I enable USB storage, and yes I always have USB storage OFF when trying to root.
  • My control panel shows ZTE Handset USB Driver 5.2066.1.8
Any more info I can provide to get some guidance? I'm using an old laptop running Windows 7.

I could try using Mono on MacOS on my Mac, but I'm guessing that's a more difficult/less reliable route. Is that true?:confused:

If I go to the Advanced tab, clicking on 'Check Drivers' seems to do nothing but cause SuperOneClick to be unresponsive for a bit, whether 'Use Alternate ADB Parser' is checked or not. In Task Manager, I can see that WmiPrvSE.exe runs for a bit, and then SuperOneClick becomes responsive again.

Last edited:

imaplayer6869

Mar 1, 2011
Folks were asking in this thread about the processor. I have some details on that: It's a 600 MHz processor (ARMv6-compatible) Min freq:320Mhz BogoMIPS:600. Architecture:6TEJ armv6l (or 6I?)

I have a ZTE Score X500 too, and tried to root it with superoneclick v2.3.3. Mine is running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), in particular Android 2.3.4.

Already tried/checked:

I ran superoneclick on a PC running Windows 7 with the drivers installed. I tried it with and without debug mode enabled - both many times. USB disk mode OFF... It hangs at "Starting ADB Server" every time.

Why do I want to root? I really want to be able to run a full backup (e.g. with Titanium Backup) - not just of my apps. I also want to be able to tweak the settings so I can install some apps that it can run but the store won't let me d/l because they're (not really) incompatible. Also, I've had the "NO memory left" problem beltsnspoons mentions and for me, resetting the phone and reinstalling my apps was the fix that worked, so I want to be able to do so again, when needed, without having to re-enter all my settings, accounts, screens, etc.
I rooted it with zerg oneclick :pepsi:

Reactions: nugentw

gamax92

May 21, 2012
I know this thread is a bit old and is also been bumped many times. But I would just like to say I have this phone and was able to root it. I used the Zerg Root OneClick method for rooting the phone and it worked great (Windows 7 32bit).

I'm using a port of CWM v5.0.2.7 which I believe I got from this website http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket...overy]-zte-score-cwm-recovery-v5-0-2-7-a.html

You will also need the flash_image command as it doesn't come on the phone.

New way to root phone

I know this thread is a bit old and is also been bumped many times. But I would just like to say I have this phone and was able to root it. I used the Zerg Root OneClick method for rooting the phone and it worked great (Windows 7 32bit).

I was able to root my phone using the backdoor I mentioned in my last post without having to download or install any drivers - or even use a computer - and have posted the instructions to http://androidforums.com/score-all-...easier-zte-score-x500-root-work-w-mac-pc.html

So even if SuperOneClick or Zerg etc aren't working for you, this should. (Basically, it uses the backdoor to gain root, and then has you manually enter commands like the ones the oneclick tools run using adb to make the root permanent.)

I'm looking to buy another one of these; should have picked another one up when I got mine for $30. Please PM me if you have a new one for less than $40, delivered. I'll bid on a few on ebay; looks like they're mostly $2x used.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This method should let you root it, if it's like other ZTE androids - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1319257

I haven't seen a custom rom, but you could always make one, a CM7 port might not be too hard.

AFAIK there is no clockworkmod version & rom manager doesn't support it. It shouldn't be too hard to make a compatible clockworkmod.

It's a new phone & I think it's only available in the USA.

Already tried/checked:

I rooted it with zerg oneclick :pepsi: