[ICS:CM9:HYBRD] PARANOIDANDROID [1.6a, True HybridMode, Size & UI on Per App Basis]

Search This thread

afilopou

Oct 21, 2010
Athens
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Is it possible to remove or stop the mouse pointer appearing when using the s-pen?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium HD app

Go to /system/usr/idc and open in text editor the sec_epen.idc.Replace "pointer" in first line with touchScreen
Reboot and check again

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

HTCtouchuk

May 7, 2009
Hi there !
... but what does I need to do if I come from official CM9 rom ? What is the best ? Go back to GB via Odin, flashing, etc. ? Just factory reset and flash in CWM ?

Thank you

I came from CM9, just wipe data/dalvik no FACTORY reset necessary

flash rom then gapps and restart, all apps should still work!

chasmodo

Dec 28, 2011
Novi Sad
Hi there !

It's a great new ! Congratulation to Imilka !

Just a question about OP.
- no flashing above Samsung ICS or leaked ICS
- Wipe caches, factory reset is a must if you're coming from another rom than CM9

... but what does I need to do if I come from official CM9 rom ? What is the best ? Go back to GB via Odin, flashing, etc. ? Just factory reset and flash in CWM ?

Thank you

Just do a full wipe (fac. reset, wipe cache and dalvik) and flash Paranoid if you are coming from official CM9 (not imilka CM9).

sotiris20

Dec 9, 2009
Patras
Hi there !

It's a great new ! Congratulation to Imilka !

Just a question about OP.
- no flashing above Samsung ICS or leaked ICS
- Wipe caches, factory reset is a must if you're coming from another rom than CM9

Thank you

Go in Recovery
Flash the Rom
Flash new Gapps
Full Wipe (optional but recommended)
Restart!

Edit: Sorry double Post

Last edited:

zumlachen

Nov 17, 2010
hello imilka ive seen the homepage for paranoidandroid and clicked on N7000 and it says

" Just some weeks after the first ParanoidAndroid ROM, we received a lot of port request. Talking about that new device is officially supported by ParanoidAndroid team, Samsung Galaxy Note International version. Go and enjoy v0.6, ported to your Note! "

why does it say v0.6 ? we are on v0.1 it that a mistake or is there a new version out

Yusei

Nov 29, 2010
Porto
Bootscreen is hilarious :)

Till now only thing that bother me it was deep sleep, but already fixed (i think) :)

Bucika

Aug 4, 2010
Sydney
S-voice

Great rom!! :) i just love it!
Only thing that is bugging me it's the Svoice from Samsung Galaxy III, i managed to instal it, but when i try to say somethig it force close for me.
Did anybody get it to work???
Tnx!
And btw, how do i change a DPI of let's say file manager?

krumbs

Jan 12, 2010
Navi Mumbai
www.krumbs.in
SPen stops writing if your palm or fingers touch the screen. At least in Jotter, even if Palm rejection/ respond only to stylus has been ticked.
Apart from this issue, rest is great.

dzontra11

Apr 19, 2010
My phone..
So how to flash?Just need to download rom and flash via cwm or what?
Tnx

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1337516024087.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1337516024087.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 362

fl4r3

Feb 24, 2008
London
SPen stops writing if your palm or fingers touch the screen. At least in Jotter, even if Palm rejection/ respond only to stylus has been ticked.
Apart from this issue, rest is great.

+1

Although this problem was also present in the official CM9 for me so don't know if a fix will come soon...hope so!

Also, has anyone got Touchscreen Tune to work in landscape mode...or any other way to calibrate s-pen in landscape? Its perfect in portrait but there is an offset in landscape.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

luke1404

May 18, 2012
Reading
I came from CM9, just wipe data/dalvik no FACTORY reset necessary

flash rom then gapps and restart, all apps should still work!

I can confirm the above works fine. To go back to CM9 do i just enter recovery flash rom and gapps and wipe data/dalvik?? I change alot between phone and tablet mode and would i like to know how interchangeable these are.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Bucika

Aug 4, 2010
Sydney
Just one more question :)

If i want to use APEX, how do i make it look like stock launcher, with normal sized icons, and dock? What DPI do i have to have?
Tnx! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ICS:CM9:HYBRD] PARANOIDANDROID [1.6a, True HybridMode, Size & UI on Per App Basis]

paranoidxqkmy.png

Wanna be up to date with ParanoidAndroid team news?, click here, and visit our webpage!​

paranoid_impressions.png

sl1.png

13.png
    14.png
    15.png

sl2.png

16.png
    10.png
    12.png

sl3.png

7.png
    8.png
    9.png

sl5.png

20.png
    21.png
    22.png

sl4.png

17.png
    18.png
    19.png

sl6.png

23.png
    24.png
    25.png

. .

paranoid_notabf8j0a.png

This is an ongoing developer project to make way for a modification that will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the experience of your phone. I know you've seen tablet mode roms before, they change two lines in your build.prop file which you could easily edit yourself in seconds and maybe throw a keyboard in there to make it work better. It's a start, but this ain't enough. This thing has potential, but it is wasted the moment you try to stuff a full blown tablet into your poor phone. Yet we all know our high res phones can very well handle more than silly 1-column layouts. So the magic must be in between somewhere, a place that Google must have overlooked and left blank. Yes, this rom strives to drop your device into tablet mode, but it won't stop there, it will reshape and redefine ICS to make it all a usefull addition and not just a cute novelty. we're calling it: Hybrid Mode, best of both worlds.

Donations to CM http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/donate , to molesarecoming http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=4491046, to D4rKn3sSyS http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=3484876

paranoid_instructions4zkp3.png

• DON'T flash FROM ANY SAMSUNG ICS OR ROMS BASED ON SAMSUNG KERNELS (my CM9, AOSP, etc)
      Flash any stock GB rom with odin / or any GB kernel [instructions] root device [instructions] and reboot into recovery once again before flashing this
    • Install Rom: http://d-h.st/3cK
    • Install HYBRID Gapps: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip
    • Wipe caches, factory reset is a must if you're coming from another rom than CM9
    • If your statusbar is gone after the first reboot: longpress Powerbutton > Toggle Statusbar
    • Reboot and edit your Apps Dpi under Settings/Paranoid Settings/P.A.D. Hold the powerbutton to see the new fullscreen-togglebutton

paranoid_hintsu4kjw.png

• FAQ & HELP - Read before asking!
    • Go to Settings, System, Font size, set it to NORMAL
    • Check "Auto Hide" in Settings, System, Statusbar, to finally get Fullscreen (or Hold power button, and press "Toggle StatusBar")
    • Launcher Settings: margins: SMALL (If youre using Apex / Nova), show permanent searchbar: YES, resize all widgets: YES, Wallpaper scrolling: OFF

paranoid_troublernbsn.png

paranoid_creditsjkkeh.png

paranoid_changelog.png

v1.6a

Stable final ICS PA release.

v05

Based on latest CM9 nightly
    Improvements on frameworks, fixed for once and finally all DPI related crashes
    SystemUI mode can be configured now
    Cleanup and speedup of hybrid code via native libs (I'd say 25%)
    A lot more of changes, you can check them here: https://github.com/ParanoidAndroid

v04
    Gps fix, i hope it works fine (i just catched 14 sats)
    Long-pressing menu button shows recent app lists as before
    Some adjustments
    Improvements on OTA app, scheduled checkups
    Improvements on Backup app, now it automatically launches on startup after you install a newer (or older) version
    Hybrid speedup, less lag, considerably faster list scrolling when pad/pal is in action
    Keyboard scaling, an androids first
    PAD/PAL bugfixes for apps that still crop images in lower dpis
    Settings revamp, speed preferences to switch between modes without having to set up anything, less clutter
    Trebuchet extras: 3x4 widgets, speed dial menu button, ... and some weird rocket button which im sure will be very useful to most of you
    Pad.prop revamp, new preferences that should pretty much nail it. Im sorry but this trashes your old settings again, do not attempt to restore them unless you do it in a text editor

v03

New Hybrid code, keyboard troubles should be gone, apps that crop images or display weird, that should be gone aswell
    PAD/PAL work in phonemode 100%, no weird toggles and stuff like that. you get full tablet apps without caveats
    Settings cleanup, most of the garbage dpi options are gone, should be more intuitive - i ask you to not bring your old pad.props though some things changed. if you know what you do take a look and edit by hand
    Trashed our LatinIME repo - not needed anymore
    Speed improvements, all launchers are buttersmooth now
    Has all the latest CM9 additions
    New PAD/PAL code allows system-scaling finally, that means you can scale the lockscreen, dialogs, toasts, etc.
    Trebuchet comes with new menu options: 4x4 grid grid folders, options for backgrounds, tablet effects
    New cool backup app for pad.prop, *maybe* even an OTA app, either 1.2 or 1.3
    New panel options and descriptions
    Hide status-bar clock doesnt hide HOLO clock in notification center
    Number of notification icons definable in settings
    Tons of fixes and improvements

v02

1) Included latest changes and fixes from latest CM9 nightly.
    2) New feature - Per App Layout, allows you to force each app to work in your desire mode with tablet or phone layout.
    3) Improved settings panel
    4) Fixed keyboard/camera/etc layout bugs, basically all layout bugs can be fixed using PAD/PAL settings.
    5) Home button long-press now works in tablet mode

Included all settings/options from GS2 build like these:
    1) Ability to easily switch between tablet/phone mode
    2) Ability to enable/disable softkeys on both phone and tablet modes
    3) Lockscreen wallpaper, and vibration setting
    4) Statusbar Transparency
    5) Recent apps options + Sense recent apps layout mode
    6) Ability to disable physical keys
    7) Sound management panel
    Reuploading v02 package without format commands.
    I'm waiting for clarification of this situation from CM9 devs because their packages contain same update scripts and binaries.

As for update - I'm hoping for today's evening if everything goes fine.
    Summary of Kernels - Updated 21/07/12

sorry guys,
    what is the best kernel to use with this rom?
    thanks
    ^^ As such there is no single commonly acknowledged "best" kernel for Paranoid Android.
    But i can list the choice available currently.

1)Kernel_CM9_RC2_20120719_CWM_Flashable
    The recovery is updated to latest version - CWMR 6.0.0.2, without the lag found in previous 5.5.x.x bundled with CM9 till now.Moreover performing a Nandroid backup is now super fast and is only 30-35mb large!, for a ROM which already has one fullbackup. It may also incorporate the 5.6.x.x protection of chainfire in recovery against emmc bug (maybe redundant in this case as CM9 already has protection against it).Finally its the release candidate 2 (RC2), so we can generally expect improvements in kernel characteristics compared to the bundled kernel of PA 0.5 (AFAIK its based on 10/7 nightly). This is assuming Imilka has not made any PA specific modifications to the bundled kernel to go along with the PA ROM - but this has to be confirmed.

2)AniDroid (links below)
    This a version of CM9 kernel which supports Overclocking by NovicDev.It is super snappy and fast (quadrant scores maynot always show this). However, apps cannot be installed on SD card on this kernel(yet) - (imo, this is not a big nag as Note has lot of RAM). But this kernel is new and holds a lot of promise in its future iterations.
    AniDroid v5
    AniDroid v4

3)Asylum BBQ Kernels
    This is a variation of AniDroid v4 - it has been optimised for framework of Asylum ROM - its fast and snappy with good battery life on Asylum ROM. No one reported its effects on PA 0.5. But i think it doesnt have the SD card installation problem of AniDroid.
    Asylum BBQ v19 - Based on CM9RC2
    Asylum BBQ v18 - Based on Anidroid v4

4)Old CM9 Nightlies (links below) - as with all development, bugfixes frequently tend to break code somewhere else - so improvement is definitely palpable over long periods but is not guaranteed in immediate iterations. So if your latest kernel update has broken your previous good functionality (wifi,gps,battery etc) you can revert to an older kernel. However this zeroing onto the kernel which works for you is a trial and error process completely.

Kernel_CM9_20120707_CWM_Flashable
    Kernel_CM9_20120708_CWM_Flashable
    Kernel_CM9_20120709_CWM_Flashable
    Kernel_CM9_20120710_CWM_Flashable
    Kernel_CM9_20120712_CWM_Flashable
    Kernel_CM9_20120715_CWM_Flashable
    Kernel_CM9_20120717_CWM_Flashable
    Kernel_CM9_20120721_CWM_Flashable - Recovery updated to 6.0.1.0 CWM

5)Thor kernel v17 - it is a Kangbanged kernel (i.e palgarised from various sources without acknowledging the original devs - it is not opensource so you cant be sure of your privacy - your confidential passwords may get pasted over the net ! - lol) ,however it supports OC . Another nag with it is it has a "Thor" customrecovery bundled with it - its compatiability and performance with previous nandroid backups is unknown. IMO AniDroid kernel is as good if not better. Only advantage of Thor is that its latest iteration incorporates some form of Spen offset correction - which is a novel feature and deserves appreciation. Iam not going to link to it as its against xda rules.

6)Bundled Kernels
    After flashing one of the above if you want to revert back to the kernel originally bundled with your PA rom you can choose it below(incase you dont have a nandroid backup).
    ParanoidDroid kernel v0.5
    Staxxtanium 1.6aF

Quick walkthrough on flashing kernels
    1)Backup your ROM.
    2)Flash Jbroid Kernel cleaning script.
    3)Wipe Cache
    4)Wipe Dalvik
    5)Flash Kernel.

Edit: Special Thanks goes to Chasmodo for extracting and linking up most of the kernels. Dont forget to thank him in one of his ubiquitous posts for this.
    Just to let you know - I'm working on an update.