4.2 roms or TW 4.1 roms?

Search This thread

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
I don't see why people don't just take a few (or all) for a test drive...see what works best for THEM :)

sent from my 4.2.2 CarbonRom'd i605

Normally I would agree, but the **** you have to go through when going and coming from TW to AOSP is a bit ridiculous. Its not that hard to snap a couple screenshots and post them.

pool_shark

Dec 12, 2008
Macedonia, Ohio
Sure it can.

Open a command prompt:

format /FS:FAT32 driveletter:

People have said doing it that way caused trouble for the recovery programs we use on the phones or their phones wouldn't recognize the cards at all.

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Then what do you use?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

I googled it and downloaded something from cnet. I don't have my laptop with me so I'm not sure which one I picked.

adrynalyne

Dec 13, 2008
People have said doing it that way caused trouble for the recovery programs we use on the phones or their phones wouldn't recognize the cards at all.

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

I googled it and downloaded something from cnet. I don't have my laptop with me so I'm not sure which one I picked.

The only time I can think of that not working right is if Android is not supporting proper fat32. Remember, it is Microsoft's filesystem.

Last edited:

speedfreak228

Jun 19, 2011

Could you please let me know the software when you get a chance? M SD has been mounting and unmounting and I think my SD is bad
Edit found a good guide thanks
Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

sleevasteve

Mar 21, 2012
I've really come to like the S Note pop up, which I'm sure I could find a replacement for, but I absolutely love multi window! I'm a multitasking fool during the week(which is why I usually check out AOSP ROM'S on the weekend)! Probably the only feature that really draws me to 4.2 is the one finger to expand notifications. If I had that in TW, OR if we had multi window for AOSP, my life would be complete. :D :p

Sent from my Inverted Beans ROM @ 240 DPI

medicinaljazz

Sep 18, 2011
Right now I can't stand AOSP or AOKP ROMs due to the screen on/off delay. It just drives me insane. Beans 9 has been my favorite so far because I'm not very partial to the stock TW look and Beans gets rid of that.

l-go

Dec 30, 2012
Right now I can't stand AOSP or AOKP ROMs due to the screen on/off delay. It just drives me insane. Beans 9 has been my favorite so far because I'm not very partial to the stock TW look and Beans gets rid of that.

so thats a known issue wit aosp roms rite now?i thought i wuz going crazy thinking their wuz a flicker or delay wit tha screen?

guardianali

Dec 18, 2009
I dont know why people go back to just stock on a non nexus device. Dont get me wring...i looove stock on nexus devices or on other companies phones. But tw is pretty good now. In the old days running stock meant better performance due to lack of bloat. But with recent phones thats not the case.
My note 2 with tw (clean rom 4.5) runs as fast as stock and I get to keep pen use and the great pen apps without any hacks. I get multiwindow. Etc.. And running apex or nova I dont even have to worry about the tw launcher. And using TB I can freeze anything I dont necessarily use like allshare.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

Reactions: 1ManWolfePack

kejar31

May 24, 2010
Personally I hate the over done over sized and horrible color scheme of TW.. I also no longer care for Hacked up TW ROMS... I know some of them are very good but still, it's just not my cup of tea.. Even if you theme it to look like AOSP it feels more like running a iOS them on top of Android, its just not the same as the real thing. I really do not see any need in the extra's samsung provides either.. Really you actually need multi window??? Cause it seemed pretty novelty like to me.. The spen still works just fine in AOSP as well.

I don't know to each his own.. but everytime I have given a stock system a try (TW, Sence, Blur) I always go back to AOSP.

pool_shark

Dec 12, 2008
Macedonia, Ohio
Personally I hate the over done over sized and horrible color scheme of TW.. I also no longer care for Hacked up TW ROMS... I know some of them are very good but still, it's just not my cup of tea.. Even if you theme it to look like AOSP it feels more like running a iOS them on top of Android, its just not the same as the real thing. I really do not see any need in the extra's samsung provides either.. Really you actually need multi window??? Cause it seemed pretty novelty like to me.. The spen still works just fine in AOSP as well.

I don't know to each his own.. but everytime I have given a stock system a try (TW, Sence, Blur) I always go back to AOSP.

I don't *need* a smartphone at all.
I use multi window when paying bills. I have the bank website open along with my spreadsheet. Is it needed, of course not, but it's more efficient than going back and forth between apps.

I also use it when logging into work, I have both the RSA key and citrix receiver apps on the screen, once I copy the RSA key to citrix, I close RSA, again it isn't needed, just more efficient.

I would easily give up multi window for an aosp ROM if the BT issues are ever worked out.
The static is horrible and the lack of handsfree calling is not only a nuisance, it's illegal in many cities.
I've only tried one aosp ROM but I know the BT issue is consistent, I'm not sure if the handsfree calling is defective on them all.

Reactions: eraursls1984

sleevasteve

Mar 21, 2012
I thought multi window would be nothing more than a novelty to me as well, but I actually use it ALL THE TIME. Especially at work, I'm a real estate agent and am always using email, calendar, calculator, S Note, MLS(listing database), contact/lead manager, etc. Is multi window "needed", probably not, but is it convenient? F**k yes it is!

To each their own. We all have different uses of our phones, and the beautiful thing about android is you can use what works best for you, and customize it to your exact liking.

Sent from my Inverted Beans ROM @ 240 DPI

kejar31

May 24, 2010
I don't *need* a smartphone at all.
I use multi window when paying bills. I have the bank website open along with my spreadsheet. Is it needed, of course not, but it's more efficient than going back and forth between apps.

I also use it when logging into work, I have both the RSA key and citrix receiver apps on the screen, once I copy the RSA key to citrix, I close RSA, again it isn't needed, just more efficient.

I would easily give up multi window for an aosp ROM if the BT issues are ever worked out.
The static is horrible and the lack of handsfree calling is not only a nuisance, it's illegal in many cities.
I've only tried one aosp ROM but I know the BT issue is consistent, I'm not sure if the handsfree calling is defective on them all.

Okay I should have reqworded that.. Does anyone actually use multi-window beyand the "hey look this is cool phase", I sure didn't. But each person has different needs

Sounds like you do and that cool but I still personally think its really not that useful..

Bluetooth and other issues will be worked out over time... Is AOSP perfect for this device yet, nope.. Will the issues be worked out over time, hell yes. Me personally, I don't really use bluetooth but I can see how it would effect others

pool_shark

Dec 12, 2008
Macedonia, Ohio
Okay I should have reqworded that.. Does anyone actually use multi-window beyand the "hey look this is cool phase", I sure didn't. But each person has different needs

Sounds like you do and that cool but I still personally think its really not that useful..

Bluetooth and other issues will be worked out over time... Is AOSP perfect for this device yet, nope.. Will the issues be worked out over time, hell yes. Me personally, I don't really use bluetooth but I can see how it would effect others

Yeah, I always use BT when talking on the phone, and since it's my only phone that's very important to me. I even forward my work calls to my cell because the softphone we use on our laptops suck.
To me smartphones are too big and bulky to use without a headset or at least the speaker phone, and I hate speaker phones.

eraursls1984

Sep 8, 2010
Tallahassee, Florida

Yep, I need multi window, it's the only thing that keeps me from even trying AOSP roms. I've always liked stripped down roms because AOSP has always been pretty bad on every device I've had, Droid X, thunderbolt, Droid Bionic. This is the first device I haven't run a stripped down rom, I ran Liberty on the X and adrynalyne's BAMF stripped on the thunderbolt. My RAZR was my first device I ran AOSP that ran ok, it runs good on the Note 2 with a few bugs, but I use multi window many times each day and it makes things so much easier.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't see why people don't just take a few (or all) for a test drive...see what works best for THEM :)

sent from my 4.2.2 CarbonRom'd i605

Normally I would agree, but the **** you have to go through when going and coming from TW to AOSP is a bit ridiculous. Its not that hard to snap a couple screenshots and post them.

^Same. Phones have caught up. TW is pretty fast now, plus I like the extra features.

Whoa. Never thought I'd say that :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    This was yesterday. Running stock beans (no underclocking) with wifi use and full brightness uploadfromtaptalk1367866836080.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
    I'm confused with the interest in aosp roms when it breaks the distinctive characteristics of the note 2 - multi window, motion activated functionality and s pen. Even if all the other issues such as voice, bluetooth were to be solved, wouldn't it be still a worse user experience without some of these? Is there anything you gain besides the pure small footprint of the rom?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2