[Q] How do you make the Play store show up after installing Gapps?

Search This thread

Lumify

Mar 3, 2011
It looks like nobody knows. What do I do now? I need Google Apps to make this phone worth using...

Crawshayi

May 7, 2012
What you do mean letting the phone boot after CM installation? Just install CM10.1 and flash Gapps directly after and then boot the phone. If it still doesn't show up then something went wrong, and you might need to start fresh from Odin.

hhp_211

May 15, 2008
http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip
Reboot back into recovery,, choose that zip to install,, and then reboot ROM when finished,,,

With cm10.1 you may have to enable in developer options,, the advanced reboot menu,,

You may also have to enable developer options,,,
In "about phone" scroll down to "build number “ then tap repeatedly about 7-10 times till it says you've enabled it

If none of that works,,, from powered off do "3 finger boot" into recover and continue

Lumify

Mar 3, 2011
Reboot back into recovery,, choose that zip to install,, and then reboot ROM when finished,,,

With cm10.1 you may have to enable in developer options,, the advanced reboot menu,,

You may also have to enable developer options,,,
In "about phone" scroll down to "build number “ then tap repeatedly about 7-10 times till it says you've enabled it

If none of that works,,, from powered off do "3 finger boot" into recover and continue

What you do mean letting the phone boot after CM installation? Just install CM10.1 and flash Gapps directly after and then boot the phone. If it still doesn't show up then something went wrong, and you might need to start fresh from Odin.

I tried installing gapps right after the OS, and I got a bunch of force closes and it was frozen at the lock screen indefinitely. I've tried starting fresh from Odin and redoing the entire installation, with the same results.

That's the gapps version I've been trying to use Crawshayi, and it doesn't do anything. I also tried gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip and that one didn't work either. I don't have any problems with the 3-finger recovery booting.

Thanks for the suggestions, I really appreciate it. Any other ideas?

Lumify

Mar 3, 2011

hhp_211

May 15, 2008
Well, i suggest you boot to recovery,,, do a "wipe data/factory reset"

Then, while still in recovery, flash the original gapps (jb - 20130301)

This is the method for gapps install::
:: Install zip from sdcard
:: Choose zip from sdcard
:: scroll to gapps file/select
:: confirm yes to install
:: reboot system

Lumify

Mar 3, 2011
Well, i suggest you boot to recovery,,, do a "wipe data/factory reset"

Then, while still in recovery, flash the original gapps (jb - 20130301)

This is the method for gapps install::
:: Install zip from sdcard
:: Choose zip from sdcard
:: scroll to gapps file/select
:: confirm yes to install
:: reboot system

I've tried this. More ideas?

hhp_211

May 15, 2008
Well if you don't want to try that again,,, do a factory reset/data wipe, reinstall ROM of choice and reinstall the newest gapps zip

hhp_211

May 15, 2008
Only thing else i can say is to odin back to eh03 and back up to cm10.1,,, following the steps in section 4 exactly as listed (print it out and cross off list as you go along) so you don't miss anything or add any unnecessary steps..

Something somewhere is not right with installation..

Lumify

Mar 3, 2011
Only thing else i can say is to odin back to eh03 and back up to cm10.1,,, following the steps in section 4 exactly as listed (print it out and cross off list as you go along) so you don't miss anything or add any unnecessary steps..

Something somewhere is not right with installation..

Done, and still no play store.

Crawshayi

May 7, 2012
Try a different sd card if possible and/or usb cable. If either of those are malfunctioning it would cause strange issues like this.