[ROM][4.3] Slim Bean Build 2 - manta [27.10.2013]

Search This thread

CM Wave

Aug 12, 2010
Working great so far, performs a lot smoother than the factory image. I would suggest changing the default scheduler from CFQ to something else, though:

Consider switching from the default CFQ scheduler (Completely Fair Queuing) to NOOP or Deadline. The latter two offer performance boosts for SSDs. The NOOP scheduler, for example, implements a simple queue for all incoming I/O requests, without re-ordering and grouping the ones that are physically closer on the disk. On SSDs seek times are identical for all sectors, thus invalidating the need to re-order I/O queues based on them.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Solid_State_Drives#I.2FO_Scheduler

This is for Arch but I assume the same logic would apply to any Linux distro.

rocketsaucev2

Dec 6, 2012
Having trouble getting superuser access. The option apps and abd is/was already selected in advanced settings, but I have noticed if I try to change it, nothing happens and apps/abd is still selected and I do not have root access.

DroidZombie

Feb 20, 2012
Having trouble getting superuser access. The option apps and abd is/was already selected in advanced settings, but I have noticed if I try to change it, nothing happens and apps/abd is still selected and I do not have root access.

Well it seems like this superuser issue is more complicated.

What exactly was your flash procedure? How many zips did you flash? Did you sacrifice any virgins?

The supersu 1.51 zip will fix your problem at least temporarily. I don't know about future flashes though so it's up to you. I can say that even after I selected the apps and adb option my system/advanced/superuser log is still blank suggesting that the problem will recur.

EDIT:

I reflashed the rom after selecting app/adb and the native superuser function kicked in. Not sure why that worked, but I'm not going to complain. Try it and see if it works. Just make sure you dirty flash the rom or it won't remember that you selected app/adb.

Last edited:

rocketsaucev2

Dec 6, 2012
Well it seems like this superuser issue is more complicated.

What exactly was your flash procedure? How many zips did you flash? Did you sacrifice any virgins?

The supersu 1.51 zip will fix your problem at least temporarily. I don't know about future flashes though so it's up to you. I can say that even after I selected the apps and adb option my system/advanced/superuser log is still blank suggesting that the problem will recur.

EDIT:

I reflashed the rom after selecting app/adb and the native superuser function kicked in. Not sure why that worked, but I'm not going to complain. Try it and see if it works. Just make sure you dirty flash the rom or it won't remember that you selected app/adb.

To flash I factory reset, cache and dalvik wipe and format system then flashed rom and 4.3 gapps

Tried dirty flash as you suggested and still nothing. Also noticing a play store error 497 on some app downloads. Just observing/reporting; I understand this is still alpha.

Sent from my Nexus 10

DroidZombie

Feb 20, 2012
To flash I factory reset, cache and dalvik wipe and format system then flashed rom and 4.3 gapps

Tried dirty flash as you suggested and still nothing. Also noticing a play store error 497 on some app downloads. Just observing/reporting; I understand this is still alpha.

Sent from my Nexus 10

Which gapps? slimgapps or another?

DroidZombie

Feb 20, 2012
Can you please get me a logcat from switching that enable/disable root procedure in our settings?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4

I tried to duplicate what happened on mine, but now it's working no matter what I do. It must have been something I did wrong on the initial flash.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

rocketsaucev2

Dec 6, 2012
Can you please get me a logcat from switching that enable/disable root procedure in our settings?

I'm not sure how to do that :eek:
Edit: don't mean to be a pain, but now the apps and adb toggle is being granted su access... I didn't really do much except for charge the tablet and a reboot (had rebooted numerous times last night)

Sent from my Nexus 10

Last edited:

fronti90

Mar 29, 2012
I'm not sure how to do that :eek:
Edit: don't mean to be a pain, but now the apps and adb toggle is being granted su access... I didn't really do much except for charge the tablet and a reboot (had rebooted numerous times last night)

Sent from my Nexus 10

we got a bugreport feature in slimcenter that creates all the necessary logs

rocketsaucev2

Dec 6, 2012
Few days in and I have no real complaints. Smooth as silk, no issues of any kind with moderate surfing, YouTube, forums, etc. Love the black :)
Oh and battery life is great as well

Sent from my Nexus 10

brees75

Jul 6, 2012
Dallas
First timer here and I am impressed! This is a really nice ROM, love the clean style. Running the beta build released today and it's tight.

hunter99507

Jan 17, 2012
Is their a way to change the navigation bar to stock width? It seems a little wider than stock, also is there a way to change the notification drop down back to the original size squares instead of the small squares? Thanks

brees75

Jul 6, 2012
Dallas
Is their a way to change the navigation bar to stock width? It seems a little wider than stock, also is there a way to change the notification drop down back to the original size squares instead of the small squares? Thanks

Of course, it's called FLASHING STOCK 4.3 FACTORY IMAGE. If you don't like these improvements then the stock image would suit you better.

fronti90

Mar 29, 2012

So is everything too small in general? In that case raise your dpi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
    For Most Users
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest build from [here]
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
    Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Weekly build 3 is live!
    Hey guys,

The first 4.3 based stable build is available.
    When your coming from a 4.2 based ROM I recommend that you start from scratch and restore with TiBu only the most necessary things.

Beside that read the changelog and have fun.
    http://slimroms.net/index.php/changelog/377-4-3-build-1
    Ups, guys i forgot to mention that Beta build 1 is available now! Head over to our website and get it ;)
    http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/dlsearch/viewcategory/637-manta
    Just the heads up beta 5 Slim and gapps are available for download at slimroms.net

Erik

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4