[ROM][4.4.2][KOT49H] IOAP Verizon LG G2 VS980 4.6.14 V3.62

Search This thread

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Gotcha thanks for the help and quick response

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I added an edit at the same time you sent this, just in case you missed it. Should hold over until Mr. Imp gets back on it tomorrow, or whenever it is he gets back on it. I'll forward what I did to "fix" it so he'll know where to look right off.

lexdad86

Dec 2, 2009
Cool cool thanks again for the quick responses!

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

das_webos_transformer

Feb 3, 2012

Attachments

• 1394548500360.jpg
    1394548500360.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 767

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Using this thread as my basis for this thread as it's perfect already! [ROM][4.4.2][KOT49H] IOAP P3100/P3110
    IOAP_zps8921d71a.png

Welcome to Infamous Open Android Project
    An Infamous Production

Code:
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

By using the rom you agree with the above terms!

About the Rom:
    You may be asking yourself, "What the hell is IOAP". Well, its simple really so I will keep it short and sweet. IOAP is built from source. Almost similar to AOSP. Lots of features.

Features:
    Android 4.4 Kitkat
    Halo
    OmniGear
    DarkUI
    Listview Animations
    Active Display
    Lockscreen Notifications
    System Animation customization
    and more!

Sources:
    https://github.com/IOAP
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_lge_msm8974

Screenshots:
    Screenshot_2014-02-08-21-44-39_zpsbc54bced.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-08-21-44-24_zpsdfc22a33.png

Screenshot_2014-02-08-21-39-01_zpsd2ca86e8.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-08-21-38-51_zpsc3196a6f.png

Screenshot_2014-02-08-21-38-19_zps08dd2fe1.png

Screenshot_2014-02-08-21-37-30_zpse8fef34d.png

Screenshot_2014-02-08-21-38-30_zpsb28c0375.png

Installation Instructions:
    This has been tested using CWM, it should also work with Philz or TWRP. If you try it on those please let me know how it goes!
    Factory reset/wipe data 3 times. (this helps with random reboots)
    Wipe system 3 times. (this helps with random reboots)
    Install ROM,
    Install Gapps.
    Reboot device.
    I suggest letting the device sit for 5 or 10 minutes at the welcome screen before diving right in, up to you.

Known Bugs:
    If the setup wizard crashes and prevents any further action, reboot and as soon as it comes up again tap the 4 corners of the screen, upper left, upper right, lower right, lower left BEFORE the crash. It won't work after. Alternately remove the setup apk from your GApps, or, if using TWRP, remove it in Advanced>file manager, or via ADB.

MMS may not send, oddly removing Google Play Movies may correct this, bizarre, I know.

SMS not sending may occur if there is data being restored for them, attempt without restoring apps/data and see if SMS works again.

SlimPIE: It can be enabled and used, however settings for it crash, at this point it's only usable as it is by default, left side of the screen.

Downloads:
    ROM: http://pio-masaki.com/?dir=LG%20G2/IOAP
    GApps: http://goo.im/devs/paranoidandroid/roms/gapps
    I use PA Gapps, feel free to use whatever 4.4 GApps you wish!

Credits:
    CM
    Jamison904
    Mr.Impossible
    Mgbotoe
    Team Infamous
    inphamous36 for the artwork and thread layout!
    More I'm sure I've missed or forgotten!

Notes:
    I'm a very easy going guy, I don't care if there is off topic in my threads. Those who may know me from the Droid DNA on XDA can attest to this. All I ask is it's kept civil, flaming or arguing can be taken to PM. If you want to report a bug, please at least try to do a little trouble shooting, or at least list very detailed steps to recreate the bug for squashing.

I don't plan to do nightly builds, I'm leaning more to a weekly build kind of setup at this time.

Enjoy!​

Changelog

2.13.14:
    Updated sources
    SlimPIE added
    -o3 built

3.09.14:
    Updated source
    Major rebase and rebuild
    PAC Progress animations
    Slim Notification Reminder
    OmniSwitch
    Lockscreen Notifications
    Active Display
    App Bar
    Still fiddling with the new build, I'll update as I notice things

3.23.14:
    Updated Source
    IOAP Version 3.59 (for those who caught it, last upload was 3.55 just never posted)
    Tons of fun stuff added, go explore and find them!

4.6.14:
    Updated sources
    Bug squashing
    IOAP Version 3.62

XDA:DevDB Information
    IOAP, a ROM for the LG G2

Contributors
    pio_masaki, pio_masaki, CM, Team Infamous, Jamison904, Mr. Impossible
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CM-11.0

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2014-02-08

Created 2014-02-09
    Last Updated 2014-04-14
    just checking in, no updates , no real chatting? whats the latest

Doesn't seem to be much interest so I haven't been updating with any news, but since you asked here's a little update...

Builds are commencing again since the source has stabilised, successful builds started again so I'll give it a run on the vs980 in a few minutes, if it builds and works you guys will have a new one to play with. Last few tries since my last post all failed to build since it was in a kind of odd state. Guess I'll know in less then an hour if it works or not :p

I don't like to bump with updates unless there's something important, like a build, so please don't think I don't care or abandoned it, I just tend to keep quiet unless something useful has come up.

Edit: Ok update, I can't build yet, after the fiasco that CM caused with their MSIM changes (PAC users may remember the failure on launch night, it was due to this change also) so they're working on getting that cleaned up and we'll be ready to go again.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2
    Can anybody confirm viper4android working well with this ROM before I flash?

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

It works yeah, I always flash the newest supersu and it works fine.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2
    This ROM is full of features and i really want to keep it but GPS isn't working for me after the GPS flash. I use runtastic and the GPS icon usually turns green. I tried GPS only and high battery. Any ideas

Awhile back I couldn't get GPS on any aosp ROM, only stock, no matter what I flashed or did. What finally worked for me an annoying process but its kept gps going on any ROM since.

Backup your current install in recovery.
    Flash or restore a stock or stock based ROM.
    Get a good solid GPS lock using GPS status and tools.
    Reboot into recovery without powering off or exiting the GPS app.
    Do the wipes, then restore or install IOAP.
    Install and get a lock in GPS status and tools again.

It'll hold a lock after that.
    Yeah, I need to take a break because I have been getting angry more often than not on here with people haha, but any time I can offer insight, I'm always willing to help.

Glad its appreciated.

Sent from my Vs980

Take that break man, I know how it goes, going back through my history over the last...well year and a half, I can definately see where I was burning out and getting...let's call it cranky. Took a breather and it certainly helped. That, and therapy, but that's a different post for a different forum :silly:

And I'm back. That was strange but it fixed it. Thanks for the tip.

Glad you got it. Now it'll stay pretty much forever. Or until you make it a sad panda, so be nice to it. Buy it new cases every month and maybe some jewelery. Diamonds always win. Maybe some pillow talk and spooning at night.

If you couldn't tell I really don't take these threads very seriously :D

OMG Pio so good to see you developing the VS980 4G! You saved my Toshiba Thrive from extinction! Definitely flashing this ROM and Thank you both for what you have done for me in the past and what you will in the future. My Thrive is running Giddy Gerbil and Black Bean like a champ.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Always glad to see a Thriver around! Glad I could help you enjoy your stuff more :highfive: