Free Task manager (WM2003SE & WM2005)

Search This thread

xplode

Dec 9, 2005
Nesebar
I want to congratulate you for creating the best Task manager for Windows Mobile

Thanks a lot

This is an MUST HAVE application

xan

Retired Recognized Developer
May 21, 2006
Crack-ow
I thank You very much for this app. It's state-of-art. I really appreciate Your great work.
Must - have for any PDA power user.

CJBS

Dec 21, 2006
Bay Area
Congraulations / Bug / Feature request

Firstly, I'd like to reiterate the praise of others in lauding this excellent App!

Secondly, I'd like to point out a very minor issue - in IPConfig, under "Windows IP Configuration", I have two DNS Servers. There is no carriage return "\n" between the line "DNS Server 1: ..." and "DNS Server 2:..."

Thirdly, I'd like to submit two feature:

a) In the same way as Task Manager on NT gives a Current CPU utilisation graph (in %), it'd be good if the icon for the application could do the same, or, even better, if there was a way to include an icon in the taskbar (not the Today screen bar, as this is not always active) such that this %utilisation could be seen. There could possibly be an option for disabling this so that if not required, extra CPU is not used showing its utilisation.

b) On the CPU Usage listing, it would be good if there was an aggregate time used (per process) such that CPU-hogging apps could be identified without actually being in the Task Manager program. This would work in a similar manner to SysInternals Process Monitor

Keep up the great work!

jafre

Mar 26, 2005
Lisboa
Newer versions...

Free Task Manager version 2.6 is out!!!

Cheers,

.Fred

I dotfred,

First of all, congrats on this app !

I have a sugestion to make, i'm sure most people would like to see implemented in your app:

to have those "script : 0X000..." events, created from missed calls, deleted/removed when you delete duplicate notifications.

Something like Check Notifications from ScaryBear already does.
But with the possibility to run with an option (ex: /d), from a shortcut, in order to be scheduled at some times to automaticaly clean those nasty events that reduce performance of phone's edition.

Is that possible ? Because taskManager v2.3, as is, doesn't remove those "script : 0X000..." ...

regards,
Jaime Freitas

bigbop

Nov 18, 2005
Toronto
Cheers,
.Fred
A GREAT tool! Thanks!!

When you get the device info section sorted out, can you provide additional info on the devices such as hardware irqs, mem mapped addresses, etc. I'm not referring to the RGY data either. It would be cool if the utility could interrogate the actual hardware setup of the device to search the I/O space.

Thanks again.

gizmo92

Jan 1, 2007

Cheers,

.Fred

Thanks for this great tool.

I have still a trouble but i am not an expert so if someone can help it will be great :

Time to time the icon diseapear and i have to do a soft reset to find it again.

If not original menu from today plugin at the bottom is mixed with menu from tskmgr (near the icon when it is visible)

i'm not sure but i think this happen following a screen switch off.

tks in advance

Last edited:

keethar

Dec 9, 2006
First of all this is an awesome tool, DotFred. Congrats!

I think I found one minor bug though. I'm not sure if it is already posted somewhere, but here it goes:
Closing an app in the applications tab using the context menu doesn't work. Fortunately, hitting the close button at the bottom of the screen does work, so it's no biggy.

Feat. request:
A "close all" button or context item in the apps tab. Most task managers include this, and I don't think it's in there already.

mvg ;) ,
Keeth

dotfred

Dec 30, 2005
Near Brussels, Belgium
www.dotfred.net
Free Task manager v2.7 is out!!!

First of all this is an awesome tool, DotFred. Congrats!

I think I found one minor bug though. I'm not sure if it is already posted somewhere, but here it goes:
Closing an app in the applications tab using the context menu doesn't work. Fortunately, hitting the close button at the bottom of the screen does work, so it's no biggy.

Feat. request:
A "close all" button or context item in the apps tab. Most task managers include this, and I don't think it's in there already.

mvg ;) ,
Keeth
Hi Keeth,

I added your request and some others, see first thread for update...

Happy new year!:cool:

Cheers,

.Fred

bigbop

Nov 18, 2005
Toronto
Little bug.. SIP selection panel appears in center of display

I've been using this great utility and I'm eagerly waiting for the device manager section but there is a small problem with the SIP selection panel. When you're prompted to enter data, the SIP appears just to the left of the centreline of the display, half way up.
I'm running Wm2003SE on an Dell X50v, so I don't know if this is an OS issue.

dotfred

Dec 30, 2005
Near Brussels, Belgium
www.dotfred.net
I've been using this great utility and I'm eagerly waiting for the device manager section but there is a small problem with the SIP selection panel. When you're prompted to enter data, the SIP appears just to the left of the centreline of the display, half way up.
I'm running Wm2003SE on an Dell X50v, so I don't know if this is an OS issue.
I don't have a device running WM2003SE, I'm developping and testing WM2K3se on the emulator.
On the emulator, I don't see any problem, but....
Is it everytime, everywhere, and if not on which screen, sequence...

Cheers,

.Fred

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TaskMgr v2.9(Release date 27 dec 2007)

A new version of my TaskMgr is available...:cool:

Release 2.9:

- icon to tray can be disabled
    - tab switching hardware button association can be disabled
    - register/deregister a dll
    - install provisionning xml
    - start/stop svc from command line
    - fix bug in tab switching when tab is hidden
    - added address bar in regedit
    - fixed notifications toolbar
    - fixed processes progressbar not disappearing
    - added hepas in process details
    - fixed bug in process details threads
    - added change priority of threads in process details
    - added windows messages and known named ones
    - show details from applications
    - cpu usage sorted descending by default
    - fixed bugs in regedit
    - fixed bugs in changing flags of services/devices

Release 2.8:

- version leaked, so see v2.9

Release 2.7

- fixed some minor bugs in regedit (tjlabais and StenaviN)
    - added routing table (netstat -r) on Netstats Tab (marosh)
    - added close all buttons on Applications Tab (keethar)
    - fixed close menu item from Applications context menu (keethar)
    - added Removal of SCRIPT:0x000 events on Notifications Tab (jafre)
    - added command line parameters for Notfications duplicates and SCRIPT:0x000 events removal (jafre)
    - added all existing command line parameters on the About Tab Release 2.6

- changed the regedit toolbar (added Favorites/add Favorites buttons and merged cut/copy/paste in one button menu)
    - view/edit mui reg values
    - import/export multi_sz/mui_sz as RGU (for rgu export flag should be set in regedit menu)
    - some minor bugs fixed in regedit
    - command line added to process path
    - Last active tab is reloaded at start if no parameter provided (flag should be set in options menu)

Release 2.5

- fix for problem reported by tjlabais(import of type hex(n) keys, no reg type is saved but the data are correct hopefully)

Release 2.4

- fix for problem reported by StenaviN on buzzdev(import of binary data)

- added favorites to registry editor
    In order to create a favorite, you have to select a key first and add it via the context menu.
    In order to use a favorite, you have to double click on it. If you want to delete or rename, do it via context menu of favorite.
    Release 2.3

- fix for problem reported by vint_ (import of 0xffffffff)
    - fix for keyboard alignment under WM2003SE on exit
    - Option to switch between minimize and exit buttons
    - Automatic/Manual load of devices (wm2k5 only)
    - Added Suspend and Reset PPC shortcuts

ps.: the executable available here are UPXed, if you need the unUPXed versions, just go on the following link.

For more details and history, see here:

www.dotfred.net

Cheers,

.Fred

ps.: comments are welcome! ;)